Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
from kangana's interview 

Tanu Weds Manu Returns Actress Kangana Ranaut claims that she has a huge respect for Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma and Priyanka Chopra, she revealed this while talking to an entertainment channel. Kangana said that, "I and Deepika have lot of respect for each other. And I loved her work in Piku. I think its such a lovely film". Kangana further told that why she's having a huge respect for these women. She said "What I really love is that we women rule. We are doing well and that's what makes me happy about these years that we are actually collectively, if not in a major way but in a small way, we are doing our own bit. And I have huge respect for women like Priyanka Chopra, Deepika or Anushka Sharma who are beautifully changing the stereotypical mainstream Bollywood films into women-centric films".
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

What fun at #Piku success party!!! @SnehaRajani @ShoojitSircar Many Many Many more to come.. Tightest hug to both of you

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

T 1866 - MI at IPL won last night a crucial game ! Some one said it was the 'Piku' effect ! haha .. yaa we were at the stadium !

kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

a new article

Bombay Velvet had a dismal opening today as the film failed to get people into the theatres. A lot was expected from the film, however it opened with a very poor occupancy of only about 15-20% all over India, which reportedly improved to 40-50% by the evening. The film garnered only about Rs. 6 crore on day one (unofficial figures), which is much lesser than what Ranbir Kapoor's last film Besharam made on its first day (Rs. 21 crore). Many had predicted that Bombay Velvet would be the highest weekend opener of this year so far, however it might not be the case after today.

As Trade Analyst Komal Nahta tweeted today : "Opening of disastrous Roy was better than Bombay Velvet initial in C.I. Sad day for the film industry. Bad start for BombayVelvet. First show at Fun Gwalior cancelled due to lack of audience. Velocity, two Inoxes in Indore report poor collections."

Exhibitor and Distributor, Akshaye Rathi, also adds, "I doubt that Bombay Velvet will be the highest weekend opener till now. It had an occupancy of just 15-20% in cinemas and multiplexes all over India till the afternoon, making it a very poor start for the film. However, the evening shows may pick up and the film may collect around Rs. 7 crores by the end of day. Bombay Velvet is not for the mass audience. Be it the theme of the film or the songs, it is not a mass-friendly film. The movie also lacks chartbuster songs that would help the film a great opening. The presence of Ranbir Kapoor will benefit the film, but it won't open as well as Gabbar is Back."

However, Trade Analyst Amul Mohan states otherwise, he mentions, "Bombay Velvet has opened well, but it hasn't opened as well as the trade was expecting it to. It's slightly below the margin but its early in the day, so how much it makes over the weekend will only be known once the day one figures come in."

However, last week's release, Piku is still running strongly. It has not only sustained well in the cinemas, but it has also collected Rs. 41.42 till Thursday. As Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted : "#Piku Fri 5.32 cr, Sat 8.70 cr, Sun 11.20 cr, Mon 4.40 cr, Tue 4.10 cr, Wed 4 cr, Thu 3.70 cr. Total: Rs. 41.42 cr. India biz. SUPER!"

Akshay Rathi also adds, "Piku has been performing phenomenally well. It did great on Sunday and has been performing well during this week also. The word of mouth has been really helping the film and I feel it will sustain in the cinemas till 3 to 4 weeks."

With the weekend starting today, we may see an improvement in the occupancies and collections of Bombay Velvet, however it will still be below the mark. 

Piku will continue its good run as people will go to watch the film for the second or third time too.

SELINA_MV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kimi484

US collections are great!

yay! I am one of them. 😆
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Originally posted by: kimi484

a new article

Bombay Velvet had a dismal opening today as the film failed to get people into the theatres. A lot was expected from the film, however it opened with a very poor occupancy of only about 15-20% all over India, which reportedly improved to 40-50% by the evening. The film garnered only about Rs. 6 crore on day one (unofficial figures), which is much lesser than what Ranbir Kapoor's last film Besharam made on its first day (Rs. 21 crore). Many had predicted that Bombay Velvet would be the highest weekend opener of this year so far, however it might not be the case after today.

As Trade Analyst Komal Nahta tweeted today : "Opening of disastrous Roy was better than Bombay Velvet initial in C.I. Sad day for the film industry. Bad start for BombayVelvet. First show at Fun Gwalior cancelled due to lack of audience. Velocity, two Inoxes in Indore report poor collections."

Exhibitor and Distributor, Akshaye Rathi, also adds, "I doubt that Bombay Velvet will be the highest weekend opener till now. It had an occupancy of just 15-20% in cinemas and multiplexes all over India till the afternoon, making it a very poor start for the film. However, the evening shows may pick up and the film may collect around Rs. 7 crores by the end of day. Bombay Velvet is not for the mass audience. Be it the theme of the film or the songs, it is not a mass-friendly film. The movie also lacks chartbuster songs that would help the film a great opening. The presence of Ranbir Kapoor will benefit the film, but it won't open as well as Gabbar is Back."

However, Trade Analyst Amul Mohan states otherwise, he mentions, "Bombay Velvet has opened well, but it hasn't opened as well as the trade was expecting it to. It's slightly below the margin but its early in the day, so how much it makes over the weekend will only be known once the day one figures come in."

However, last week's release, Piku is still running strongly. It has not only sustained well in the cinemas, but it has also collected Rs. 41.42 till Thursday. As Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted : "#Piku Fri 5.32 cr, Sat 8.70 cr, Sun 11.20 cr, Mon 4.40 cr, Tue 4.10 cr, Wed 4 cr, Thu 3.70 cr. Total: Rs. 41.42 cr. India biz. SUPER!"

Akshay Rathi also adds, "Piku has been performing phenomenally well. It did great on Sunday and has been performing well during this week also. The word of mouth has been really helping the film and I feel it will sustain in the cinemas till 3 to 4 weeks."

With the weekend starting today, we may see an improvement in the occupancies and collections of Bombay Velvet, however it will still be below the mark. 

Piku will continue its good run as people will go to watch the film for the second or third time too.

3rd week? it can collect 100cr.😊
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Piku Day Eight Business Gabbar Is Back Third Friday Business
Saturday 16 May 2015 11.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services

Piku held up very well on day eight grossing around 2.75 crore nett which is less than 50% drop from first weekend. The film is putting up very good numbers in Mumbai, West Bengal and Mysore.

The failure of Bombay Velvet will help the film in week two and it should get a bug jump on Saturday. The weekend should cross 12 crore ar least and may even become the highest second weekend of the year. . 

Gabbar Is Back grossed 75 laks nett on its third Friday which us 75% drop from last Friday. This is reasonable as multiplex business was hut due to the release of Bombay Velvet and Piku going strong which meant those two films covered most of the screens at multiplexes.

Armu4eva thumbnail
So happy about the films success. Was to go to watch 2nd time on Friday, got late so going today. Don't feel like leaving the theater when the movie ends. 😆
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Milap Zaveri @zmilap 1m1 minute ago

#Piku has a MINDBOGGLING 2nd Friday! It's weekend is gonna be HUGE! When a film wins hearts, audiences happily Empty their pockets!

SELINA_MV thumbnail
Originally posted by: you2

Milap Zaveri @zmilap 1m1 minute ago

#Piku has a MINDBOGGLING 2nd Friday! It's weekend is gonna be HUGE! When a film wins hearts, audiences happily Empty their pockets!

Stupid comment! 😆