PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections - Page 52

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by poultry

Okay. So looks like the theme of constipation itself made you cringe. Well in that case you shouldn't have watched the movie because the makers made that quite clear with the trailer. I found most of those scenes pretty hilarious and the whole movie a light-hearted and emotional ride.

If you don't like my comments, making it clear not to read them πŸ˜†

Sarcasm ain't everyone's cup of poop anyways πŸ˜† 
Originally posted by -Arsal-

It was good but not that good.
I would say on par with NH10 and behind Badlapur which remains the best of the year.

I didn't like Badlapur as much either. Not entertaining at all. I think I'll put Piku over Badlapur. At least poopy Piku had some humorous moments and Irfan... <3 
http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/piku-1st-tuesday-day-5-box-office-collections/

Piku : 1st Tuesday (Day 5) Box Office Collections 

May 13th, 2015 by Koimoi.com Team
  Shares : 4Comments ( 0 )

Piku passed the Monday test as it remained strong on the fourth day but experienced a drop on Tuesday. The film collected 3.75 crores on its fifth day, thus taking its total to 33.87 crores at the domestic box office.

Deepika Padukone in a still from movie Piku'

The film has been extremely strong at the multiplexes. The word of mouth for Piku is excellent and since the film is a light-family entertainer, there is also a good chance of having a repeat audience. Deepika Padukone has a huge fan following and hence the film has everything working for it.

Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

If you don't like my comments, making it clear not to read them πŸ˜†

Sarcasm ain't everyone's cup of poop anyways πŸ˜† 

No way. I am loving your comments. What made you think otherwise? Wait. Let me like all of them. Happy?
Originally posted by poultry

No way. I am loving your comments. What made you think otherwise? Wait. Let me like all of them. Happy?

Nope, now I am constipated. Gotta go watch Piku to get some tips... πŸ˜†

http://www.makemytrip.com/blog/6-reasons-for-road-trip-to-kolkata#.VVMC1883SNk.twitter

6 Reasons Why Piku Wants You to Take That Road Trip to Kolkata

Has Piku implanted a strong urge in you to hop into the car and embark on a 1500 kilometres long drive to Kolkata? Well if it has, we decode all the more reasons for you to visit and enjoy the City of Joy', just like the trio of Piku, Bhaskor Banerjee and Rana Chaudhary did.

Here are six reasons why Motion Se Hi Emotion Hai'!

1. Because you'd want to take that windy ride over Yamuna Expressway with your family

How often does one get to feel the speed on Indian roads or even highways for that matter? An initial 3 hour ride on the incredibly fast Yamuna Express Way would set the tone just right. Make sure you don't bring along a Bhaskor Banerjee nagging you all the time!

"Ami ekjon anari river er soge travel korbo na"

Yamuna Expressway promises a brisk ride for zealous drivers

2. Because the Varanasi night halt would connect you to spirituality

Even a one night stay at the holy city of Kashi would captivate you with peace. Sitting at the ghats of the Ganges, with resonating chants and the sound of prayer bells filling the air, a Deepika-Irrfan moment would be just perfect for the setting. A holy dip in the river just as the sun rises would reenergize you, given the fact you're not constipated!

"Khoob Bhalo"

The sanctity of Varanasi's blissful ghats

3. Because Kolkata has cramped roads but big hearts to welcome you

Even if you don't have a palatial ancestral home in the city like Bhaskor Banerjee, the place would still charm you. The mesmerizing visuals of the Howrah Bridge, the glorifying structure of the Victoria Memorial and the vibrant charisma of people around would make you feel at home. Check into a hotel and quickly start exploring the city.

"Ami Kolkata Premi"

The elegance of Victoria Memorial's structure has been of pivotal importance for Kolkata

4. Because cycling is fun in the city

How adorable was it to watch Bhaskor glowing with joy as he hopped on a bicycle and rode around town? The expressions on his face were priceless. Well that's one thing Kolkata would offer you in abundance. Pick a bicycle and meander through the narrow lanes, vintage streets and old buildings to breathe in the vibrant air of Kolkata. Riding along a running tram on the road, you'll be sure to get a taste of Kolkata's heritage.

"Ami bhul kichu bolechi?"

If a 70 year old could, you must try it too

5. Because you can't turn down the Bangla cuisine

You'd be lying if your mouth didn't water as you watched Piku's father enjoying the delicious looking kachoris. The delightful cuisine (minus the khichdi for constipation) that Piku and family savoured, made us crave for Bangla food even more. From Nizam's Kathi Roll to 6 Ballygunge Place's multi course meal, the city offers an irresistible cuisine.

"Eta darun!"

Not many places in India can offer delicacies as tempting as these

6. Because a walk along the river is breathtaking

Remember the mesmerizing scene with the gold and orange hues of the setting sun shimmering in the calm Hooghly river? Well, trust us when we say it looks even more attractive in real life. A long walk alongside Hooghly, the lifeline of the city, where Piku and Rana spent some of their time would make you fall in love with Kolkata even more.

"Ami ato shundor kicchu dekhini"

The sight of Hooghly river shimmering in golden at sunset

So pack your bags and plan your very own road trip to Kolkata, just like Team Piku did. While you wouldn't be too lucky to have Deepika as your company, you would at least have no constipation and a nagging oldie pestering you. So set your motion straight because Motion se hi Emotion Hai

Theek ache? 

Photo Credit: YouTube

by what reviews I'm hearing from whoever watched the film... i think its gonna be one of the best movie 
Deepika is getting  praised a lot  ... and I'm very happy about it😳

I can't say Piku is the best film. Different people will have different opinions. But it definitely is a sweet slice of life kind of film. I'm glad it has done well.  Edited by jibber-jabber - 8 years ago
Wow Tuesday's collections's are also awesome. Very little fall in collections. Awesome WOM and content is winning here. πŸ₯³
Piku is doing fantastic business on BO.
Boxofficedetail @boxofficedetail  

5 Days Worldwide Gross Of #Piku nearing 60cr approx.. Very Good.. @deepikapadukone @SrBachchan @irrfan_k