PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections - Page 35

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Sassenach

Glad you liked it. I think I saw someone say the budget was around 32 or something.
thanks the movie should easily cross 32 crs. The WOM is excellent. I think it will do around 50 to 55 crs business which is great. 
Originally posted by Saraa.

Glad you liked it. I think I saw someone say the budget was around 32 or something.
thanks the movie should easily cross 32 crs. The WOM is excellent. I think it will do around 50 to 55 crs business which is great. 
[/QUOTE] 

That mostly depends on how it fares in the second week. BV is obviously going to affect Piku's business but two movies can simultaneously do good business so keeping my fingers crossed. :) 

Edit: Don't know why the quote thingy is not working right...
Edited by AvadaKedavra - 8 years ago
Originally posted by AvadaKedavra

That mostly depends on how it fares in the second week. BV is obviously going to affect Piku's business but two movies can simultaneously do good business so keeping my fingers crossed. :) 

Edit: Don't know why the quote thingy is not working right...
thats true too but crossing 50 cr won't be hard. Hopefully it will do really well this week. Hoping for the best ðŸ˜Š
According to Prakash Jaju it has collected 13.75 on Sunday. Is he reliable??!
Originally posted by Coldplaying

According to Prakash Jaju it has collected 13.75 on Sunday. Is he reliable??!

No. Better wait for Taran or BOI. 
Boxofficedetail - Massive Sunday for #Piku turning into a big Weekend. First well grew film over the Weekend for 2015! @deepikapadukone@SrBachchan @irrfan_k
Piku Weekend Business :: Excellent
2015-05-11 10:10:140News
Piku opened poorly in morning shows on Friday which had been a nightmare start and no big chances were there.. But from evening onward situation has been totally different.. Film grew massively in evening ensuring decent Day One then mammoth growth on Saturday took it to a good 2 Days total and even bigger Sunday has ensured super Weekend..

Film is first of the year to grow well and is looking to emerge true success.. Film has been phenomenal at metro areas as day one numbers never suggested anything big but now scenario is all different and it seems film will be heading towards 40+cr Week One which is a very good result as Weekend has resulted around 24.5cr approx..

Below is Weekend daily business of the film..

Friday.. 5cr

Saturday.. 8.6cr

Sunday.. 10.85cr

Total.. 24.45cr
40cr first week would be fecking amazing...
Piku Has Good Weekend And Very Strong Trend
Monday 11 May 2015 10.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network

Piku had a good weekend of around 24.50 crore nett and the trend was very strong with extraordinary growth on Saturday and very good growth on Sunday. The trending is the best of the year barring Dum Laga Ke Haisha but that film was at very low levels and it is easier at those collections

The business of the film was led by the major metros of Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Gurgaon, Kolkata and Bangalore but on Sunday multiplexes all over were good The business in West Bengal is better than Gabbar Is Back released last week and that film had the biggest weekend of the year in that circuit. 

It is rare that film a film taking a five crore nett opening day ends up doing an eleven crore Sunday. The film should hold well on Monday especially after the growth on Sunday as some films manage to show huge jump on Saturday but are then flat on Sunday.

Edited by briahna - 8 years ago
I loved the film. Natural, fast-paced and totally charming. Kudos to the entire team.