PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections - Page 34

Posted: 8 years ago
@rahulnanda86: Piku leaves a lump in your throat by the end. Special mention to the background score that seamlessly mixes with super story telling

@rahulnanda86: .@SrBachchan and @deepikapadukone are the heart and soul of the film. Master story telling by @ShoojitSircar and @writeonj. Superb!! #Piku
@anubhavsinha: I am told PIKU's collections have gone through the roof today. So there is Cinema beyond Fridays.
25cr weekend is expected. Piku doing extremely well at BO!
  • Box Office: Worldwide Collections of Piku
  • By Bollywood Hungama News Network
The recently released Piku, which stars Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan, has opened to a good start at the Box Office. With the reports coming in from all quarters of the country that the film is doing brisk business, with plenty of 'motion' at the box-office, Piku certainly seems like a good bet.

In this Box Office analysis, we take a look at the success of Piku, breaking the film's collections into a Day-wise break-up of domestic collections and also tracking the film's Overseas numbers. 

Day-wise breakup for India

DayCollections (INR Cr.)
Day 1 (Fri)5.32
Day 2 (Sat)8.70
Day 3 (Sun)
Day 4 (Mon)
Day 5 (Tue)
Day 6 (Wed)
Day 7 (Thu)
Day 8 (Fri)
Day 9 (Sat)
Day 10 (Sun)
Day 11 (Mon)
TOTAL14.02

Worldwide collections

RegionCollections (INR Cr.)Updated...
India14.02As of 09-May-15
North America (USA and Canada)3.12As of 09-May-15
United Kingdom0.75As of 09-May-15
United Arab Emirates / G.C.C.2.80As of 08-May-15
Australia0.39As of 09-May-15
New Zealand0.07As of 09-May-15
Pakistan
Malaysia0.03As of 09-May-15
TOTAL21.18

NOTE - * denotes trends / figures still being compiled

Disclaimer:
The Box Office figures are compiled from various sources and our own research. The figures can be approximate and Bollywood Hungama does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data. However, they are adequately indicative of the box-office performance of the film(s).
I am not DP fan, but she was excellent. She deserve to be on #1 spot. Kudos to the whole team
Great movie
will post my review soon. Anyway whats the budget of the movie?
Originally posted by Saraa.

Great movie
will post my review soon. Anyway whats the budget of the movie?

Glad you liked it. I think I saw someone say the budget was around 32 or something.
Damn the terrific WOM has the film running to packed theatres in India and internationally. 👍🏼 

Lol a relative of mine who lives in Michigan saw the film today and posted a FB status complaining how she got front seats bec the theatre was so full 😆
As much as a DP fan I am , the trailer of Piku didn't excite me a bit. I went to watch the film yesterday with the lowest possible expectation and Boy , how surprised was I with this cute , light hearted film. There were scenes where it seemed to me like Big B overdid it but overall he was Good. Irrfan had the best performance of the lot , his expressions were on point and some of his dialogues were GOLD 😆
Deepika looked ethreal...so darn beautiful with the minimal /no make up looks throughout the film. She got the highest scope to showcase her improvement as an actress throughtout the film. 

Irrfan and DP made a unique couple and wished they had more space to show their chemistry , although the tweeney bits where they had their scenes the chemistry between them could be felt.

Watched this film in LA and 70% of the theatre was filled for a afternoon show which I believe is pretty good for a non mainstream film .
Wow the WOM seems phenomenal for Piku! That's amazing considering this film is not the typical type of bollywood filmEdited by rosetreasures - 8 years ago