Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xroshnix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Just checked
There were preview shows for Piku today in London.
Edited by xroshnix - 8 years ago
xroshnix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

To be honest, you have got to take all these industry reviews with a pinch of salt. It is futile to expect ones friends to be completely honest of the work.

But I have a good feeling about the movie. Lets see what the critics reviews say on Friday. 

Same. I am going to watch with low expectations.. the friends and colleagues who watch special screenings never really say bad stuff. Have to take it all with a pinch of salt. The biggest test for the movie starts from 8th of May. 
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Omg house full show in many cinemas for tomorrow ' @PikuTheFilm Piku in kuwait tomorrow

It seems it is housefull at many theaters..
pic here

https://twitter.com/Deepikap_arabfc/status/595956091575357442
you2 thumbnail
Sajid Khan @SimplySajidK

@deepikapadukone .@SnehaRajani .@ShoojitSircar #Piku take a bow guys...especially deepika..dont miss this film..even if u have the runs!!

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Ranveer Singh @RanveerOfficial  

PIKU...Absolutely marvelous!!! @ShoojitSircar @writeonj take a bow! RIP-ROARING (!) heart-warming, endearing & poignant...sheer quality!

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Ranveer Singh @RanveerOfficial  

Pure magic in th performances by @SrBachchan @irrfan_k & a career-best display from @deepikapadukone..Bravo!! (And no, I'm not being biased)

you2 thumbnail
raj kaushal @rajkaushal1 Mumbai, Maharashtra

Saw #Piku A film made from the heart and felt through the (E)motions. @SnehaRajani @ShoojitSircar you have a winner :-)

Who is the real @deepikapadukone? Every film she does She plays a new person. Such versatality. Such subtlety. Such depth. Loved #Piku :-)

Thank you for making such beautiful full of shit film @ShoojitSircar @SnehaRajani @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k #Piku is a winner

In #Piku Shit happens. It flows with eMOTIONS. Gets you Flushed with memories. Relieves with happiness @SrBachchan @SnehaRajani

Edited by you2 - 8 years ago
you2 thumbnail
Ranveer Singh @RanveerOfficial

PIKU...Absolutely marvelous!!! @ShoojitSircar @writeonj take a bow! RIP-ROARING (!) heart-warming, endearing & poignant...sheer quality!

Pure magic in th performances by @SrBachchan @irrfan_k & a career-best display from @deepikapadukone..Bravo!! (And no, I'm not being biased)

Shruti Seth @SethShruti    40m 40 minutes ago

Absolutely must watch Piku. @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k will make your heart sing with their superlative performances.

you2 thumbnail

Amitabh Bachchan @SrBachchan

T 1858 - HaahHHAAA ... Bachi Karkaria you are just amazing !! Bolly goes to pot May 7, 2015, 12:00 AM (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1sm3dht

T 1858 - HaahHHAAA ... Bachi Karkaria you are just amazing !!

Bolly goes to pot

May 7, 2015, 12:00 AM IST Bachi Karkaria in Erratica | Edit Page, Entertainment, India | TOI
6 4 0 1

In his latest film, Big B's role gives new meaning to motion pictures'
Shoojit Sircar's Piku' will be in cinemas tomorrow. The promos told us to link emotion with motion', and the trailer removed all my doubts about Brave New Bollywood daring to go deep into the gut of the Indian psyche. This bright, young director is the right choice, AB, to make a film with a bowel-centric theme. Join the first two and last two letters of Shoojit', and you'll see why.
Aptly, i caught the trailer in Kolkata while watching another Bengali's latest creation. Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy does not exclaim, It's alimentary, my dear Bhotson!' while cracking the film's Chinese puzzle but, together with us Bawas, Bongs must surely be the most motion'-obsessed people of this country. Born one, and brought up among the other, i learnt that going well' first thing in the day was to attain Heaven itself. A purgative got the sluggish at least into Purgatory.
Despite this early morning system, a deep-seated constitutional crisis arose, obliging me to sacrifice two feet of my small intestine. The kindness of friends punctuated my recovery. Their sympatico Facebook comments demoted my colon' to a semi colon'.
Veteran of small bowelitis, i, the small b, will be more sensitive towards the Big B's problems as he plays Deepika/ Piku's anally-challenged father. He's even medically fit for the part. His intestine played a long-running, stellar role in his personal life, a painful sequel to the antibiotics pumped into him for his post-accident myasthenia gravis.
Just as the nation came to a standstill during his 2012 abdominal surgeries, the entire country will relate to the gut-wrenching role of the senior Mr Bachchan in Piku'. The fact is that, while the troika of Bongs, Hon Bongs and Parsis may be No 1 in their obsession with No 2, this affliction is pan-Indian. Or rather pot-Indian. This is doubly true. Not just physical ailments, even many psychiatric problems can be traced to our pot', as in stomach, fixation.
So you see, whether we are speaking of Bharat which wants to become India, or India which some of our netas want to revert to Bharat, the nation is straining hard to be on the move'. You can call it asspiration
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I am so looking forward to this one! All the best, #TeamPiku. Its already receiving praises from its screenings.