The biggest veili in town

Watches every movie..praises every movie..tweets about every movie

Only thing left for her is to join IF now

xroshnix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Industry tweets

Nimrat Kaur @NimratOfficial

Can't get over the flawlessly outstanding Piku! BRAVO @ShoojitSircar @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k. Sleeping with a smile tonight..

Tushar Hiranandani @tushar1307

Superb performance by @SrBachchan please sir want to see u in more films like#Piku.Irfankhan @deepikapadukone hats off to match up to amitji

srishti arya @shrishtiarya 

Love love loved #Piku @deepikapadukone how outstanding are you!!! @SnehaRajani what a debut@SrBachchan shows 'em how it's done!! Happiness!

Nidhi Parmar @nidhiparmar 

Every frame warms your heart,coupled with brilliant performances @deepikapadukone is way ahead of any competition #Piku must watch !!!

Amitabh Jhunjhunwala @amitabhj3156 

#Piku is easily the best movie of 2015 so far - remarkable performances by @SrBachchan and @deepikapadukone - "you don't judge parents"

Neha Dhupia @NehaDhupia 

watched #Piku ,it's a gem. Congrats to the talented team @deepikapadukone @SrBachchan @irrfan_k n @ShoojitSircar ... Loved every bit of it!

Neha Dhupia @NehaDhupia  

I want to watch #Piku again.. Caus I can't stop smiling! Thankyou for this gem @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k @SrBachchan @ShoojitSircar

anurag basu @basuanurag  

Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard #Piku is outstandingly adorable @SrBachchan @irrfan_k @deepikapadukone @ShoojitSircar Hatsoff

anurag basu @basuanurag 

@ShoojitSircar - Hrishikesh Mukherjee of our Generation!! #Piku

Edited by xroshnix - 8 years ago
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
To be honest, you have got to take all these industry reviews with a pinch of salt. It is futile to expect ones friends to be completely honest of the work.
But I have a good feeling about the movie. Lets see what the critics reviews say on Friday. 
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Neha Dhupia @NehaDhupia

I want to watch #piku again.. Caus I can't stop smiling! Thankyou for this gem @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k @SrBachchan @ShoojitSircar

you2 thumbnail
anurag basu @basuanurag

Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard #Piku is outstandingly adorable @SrBachchan @irrfan_k @deepikapadukone @ShoojitSircar Hatsoff

anurag basu @basuanurag

@ShoojitSircar - Hrishikesh Mukherjee of our Generation!! #Piku

anurag basu @basuanurag

@deepikapadukone is outstanding! @irrfan_k is best when he is Romancing! @writeonj Hats off #Piku is difficult film to write.

Edited by you2 - 8 years ago
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
  1. Funny Anurag would say this. To me Rajkumar Hirani is more like the Hrishikesh Mukherjee of this generation.

Edited by Sultan_Of_Swing - 8 years ago
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I'm glad is has comedy not just sweet
vicky donor really made me chuckle, even the second time I watched it, actually more.
you2 thumbnail

'Piku" review: Bollywood film is pretty good, with Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 3:58 PM
  • A
  • A
  • A
Article Rating

Share this URL

Deepika Padukone in Yash Raj Films

Deepika Padukone in "Piku"

Bhashkor Banerjee is constipated. Not just physically, but mentally. And his restricted temperament is affecting his entire extended family.

In "Piku," Bhashkor is played by septuagenarian Amitabh Bachchan, arguably the most respected elder statesman in Bollywood cinema. The character's a Larry David-esque noodge living with his exasperated, unmarried daughter, Piku, played by the gorgeous Deepika Padukone. She works at an architecture firm, but spends most of her time dealing with her hypochondriac dad. When an actual medical problem occurs, Bhashkor wants to go to Calcutta to visit relatives and see the house he grew up in.

Resistant to flying, father, daughter and an accompanying manservant hire a taxi to take the two-day drive from Delhi. The driver (Irrfan Khan of "Life of Pi") has long been locking horns with spitfire Piku, but on the trip the two make a real connection. His no-nonsense attitude helps alleviate some family issues. While the movie has far more toilet humor than you might expect, the locations and overall sweetness of the performances make "Piku" a good winding-road pick.

Title:
'PIKU'
Film Info:
A dad, daughter and her friend hit the road from Delhi to Kolkata. (2:15) NR. Empire 25.
Tags:
movies ,
movie reviews

Promoted Stories
you2 thumbnail

Piku Movie Review

By Zohaib -
May 6, 2015
Facebook
Twitter

Piku is a comedy dram film directed by Shoojit Sircar.It stars Deepika Padukone,Amitabh Bachchan and Irfan Khan in the lead roles.The film is produced by MSM Motion Pictures.Piku is releasing on 8th May 2015.

Piku Movie Review

Expectations

The trailer of the film was received very well.The music composed by Anupam Roy has also been very promosing.The dialouge promos were catchy too.The pre release buzz is quite decent for a film like Piku.And also the star cast of the film having big names made our expectations huge.Now lets take a look at Piku movie review.

Piku Movie Review: Story

The film revolvers around the story of Piku Banerjee (Deepika Padukone) who is an architect.She is a Bengali but living in New Delhi.Bhashkor Banerjee (Amitabh Bachchan) plays the role of her father.He is an old man who is suffering from constipation.Rana Chaudhary (Irfan Khan) plays the role of Piku's love interest.But their relationship suffers due to Bhaskor Banerjee.Piku thinks that she will only marry with that person who will also take care of her father.All three of them had to take a road trip from new Delhi to Kolkata.Will Rana be able to convince Piku to marry her?.This film explores the dynamics of their relationships during this journey.

Piku Movie Review: Direction

Shoojit Sircar has earlier directed highly acclaimed films like Vicky Donor and Madras Cafe.So our expectations from piku are also high.To our pleasure he does not disappoint either.

Piku is one of those rare films which will make you smile, laugh and cry at the same time.The beauty of this film lies in the simplacity.Shoojit Sircar narrates the story in such a unique way that you have to admire him.he is surely one of the finest directors in our industry.It has been the case in recent times that most of the films started off well in the first half but loses grip in the second half.But Piku is exception.Hats off to Juhi Chaturvedi for his excellent screenplay.Editing is also tight which makes Piku even more engaging.

Cinematography is also good considering the theme of film.Music by Anupam Roy may have not chartbuster songs but it worked very well in the movie especially Journey song.

Piku Movie Review: Star Performances

Take a bow Sir Amitabh Bachchan.It is such a delight to see him on the big screen.He was just mind-blowing and simply fantastic as Bhaskor Banerjee.

Irfan Khan is such a talented actor and he proves that agin and again.He palyed the character with ease and looks completely natural.Just effortless.

Deepika Padukone is a revelation yet again in Piku.She is rasing the bar with her every film.She was terrific as piku.She uses her face expressions accurately.Surely her eyes speak a lot.You will fall in love with Piku after watching the film.

What's Good:

Every Thing From:

Story

Lead Performances

Direction

Screenplay

Dialogues

What's Bad:

One Or Two Scenes Can Be Avoided

Piku Movie Review: Last Word

Piku is one of the fines films ever made in recent times.It will make you smile, then clap and then it will make you cry.It is a simple,honest,extremely heartwarming and such a lovely film that you wish it never ends.It is a gorgeous,slice of a film that tugs at your heart strings.It will be a crime to miss this epic family drama.Go and watch this masterpiece by Shojjit Sircar.

Rating

4/5

See Also: Deepika Padukone Upcoming Movies 2015-2016

REVIEW OVERVIEW
Piku Movie Review
SUMMARY
OVERALL SCORE
  • TAGS
  • deepika padukone
  • piku
Facebook
Twitter