Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: _DarkLady_

Hey there!  I am in awe of your writing style.😳

Looking forward to the first chapter.

Keep up the great work.πŸ‘

And yeah, welcome to the forum.πŸ˜ƒ

haww, thanks! :) first chapter coming right up.

Mridzy thumbnail

hi,

I am back and this time sooner than i thought. :) So without further ado, let me just bring on the first part.

A little disclaimer though - my writing is still a bit rusty so this chapter ended up a bit choppy, not as free flowing as I would have liked. but hey, do read and comment away!

Cause, remember, your comments and critiques help - a lot!!

thanks,
Mridhu

PART 1

" Ishu, why can't you listen to me?"

Ishita sighed and closed her laptop. A normal day at the iyer household began like this. Her mother scuttering about, setting the table, handing her appa his coffee, putting out their breakfast and discussing her favorite topic.

Marriage.

" amma I do listen to you" a pointed look from her mother. " I just don't agree with you" she finished firmly, returning to her laptop. If she didn't finish this presentation today her boss would kill her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed amma looking at her. And she could bet her salary that amma was thinking -
" how do I make this girl understand..."
"Vishwa you tell her" Ishita cooed,matching her mother syllable to syllable. That enticed a fond chuckle from appa.

Closing her laptop shut once more, she gathered her things. She wasn't getting any work done, might as well go to office early, she decided.
" ISHU - this is not a joke. You are 30 yea -"
" let her be Madhavi" appa cut her off.
" thank you" Ishita whispered, bending down to kiss his cheek. " but she is right, you know" he whispered back, shooting his wife a look who was back in the kitchen muttering.
" don't you start too, appa" she muttered.
30 years old. Not married. Kadavule, won't this girl understand she can't be single all her life. Lonely.

" amma I can hear you!" she called out.
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

That's all her mother needed to come out of the kitchen and start it again, " good because you can't.."
" yes I can" ishita muttered under her breath, making sure her mother didn't hear her
By now her mother had turned her attention to her father. " Vishwa, I spoke to Santosh yesterday"
Oh great - one more guy for her to atleast see, Ishita groaned inwardly.

" her son is around the same age. We both think it's a wonderful match"
That stopped Ishita rights in her tracks. She whirled around to face her mother, " you and your friend think what?"
Her mother smiled jubilantly. Having got her attention, Madhavi quickly walked towards her, " it would be perfect, Ishu. You've known each other since you were kids"

" it was just one stupid summer camp"
One whole summer camp, ishu" her mother said, eyes twinkling in excitement.

" which lasted 2 weeks - appa, help me here" she cried in exasperation, turning to her father.  To her dismay, her father put down the paper and came to stand beside her mother, " it's not a bad idea, ishu. You've -"
" it's an EXCELLENT idea, Vishwa" her mother exclaimed.
Her father shot her mother a look, " as I was saying, it's not a bad idea.just think about it. It's ultimately going to be your choice, beta. We won't force you.but think about it"
"but Vishwa -"
" Madhu!" her father said sternly. Her mother pouted, but kept quite nonetheless.
Ishita frowned, thinking about what her father had just said. They has been through this a hundred times. Her mother would bring up the topic,she wouldn't want to even talk about it, but for her parents she would promise to think about it. Luckily for her, till now, every guy suggested by her mom and mom's friend had rejected her.
And everytime a rejection came she'd had a secret party in her room.
But this time... This time the person in question was...
No way!!
" I don't believe you want me to marry... Raman bhalla!!"  she exclaimed indignantly, fixing her mother with a stern glare which yelled No Way.

But her mother wasn't looking at her. She was looking past her. Happiness and excitement shone in her mother's eyes and she was clasping her hands in glee.

Ishita didn't need to turn around to guess.

I hope it's rajinikanth there she muttered under her breath, turning around.

He was leaning casually against the doorway, arms folded beneath his chest, One eyebrow raised in question

" and what's wrong with Raman bhalla?"

Yup. The gods hated her
Divancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome Update!
I guess Raman heard everything πŸ˜†
Please Update soon!
Mridzy thumbnail
Originally posted by: Divancraze

Awesome Update!

I guess Raman heard everything πŸ˜†
Please Update soon!

Thank you. Yes, he did. 
Non-existent thumbnail
Yay! Update wo bhi itni jaldi!Thanks dear authorπŸ˜ƒ

Loved, loved, loved it. Your writing style has me hooked... πŸ˜›

Gods hate Ishita...πŸ˜†

I don't see any problem with the flow... your words flow well. πŸ‘

You nicely captured the Iyer household's morning routine. Then the description of Raman standing just behind Ishita, was so real. I could totally picture it.

Only one complaint, the length of the update is short! Or is it me who can't get enough of your writing?!πŸ˜³πŸ˜† But, you know if you update this soonish, you automatically make up for the shorter length.πŸ˜ƒ
Please update soon.😊
janani_divan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome update.so summer camp:-D.ishita she is so cute.raman heard all spoke by ishu.so raman is intrested to marry ishu:-).great going continue soon.
I loved this
they,say love is blind
Right.
They ,say love is forever
wrong.
Next part im expecting raman pov .
pari... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update 
Loved it  and ur way of writing 
Continue soon