Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
sam or ranjan will forget and forgive II instantaneously as they knows what II has done in their lives...what she means to rnb...but manya is soo reluctant to that fact and she wholeheartedly tries to ignore II's importance...this can occur between SILs...i really loved this touch of reality and II thinking of akka comforting her...
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashu25

Sure II is wrong

I did mention in a previous comment of mine that both are wrong. II needs to be responsible as well!!
I am not denying it

I liked your point. Both are wrong!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I have been married over a decade and a half, I am  on II's side. But unfortunately life chooses to hand you the toughest of its lessons on your happiest days. That's how it always works. We don't wake up one morning and go  "OK today is a blah kinda day let all the lessons flow in today"

The day we get a raise or promotion at work is the day our mother in law tells us how inadequate we are, or our sister in law reminds us how much we talk. Or husband tells us how messy the house is... always

I agree with Swa, YES she could have checked first

The first time in two months she took the liberty of giving the help time off and it blew up all over her face. R&B is on her tail that she doesn't "make any efforts to belong" to his home or its trappings. So she thought... OK... we are all going to be out so why not give the help some time off... it will seem like "I am taking charge"

It's a harmless gesture that enables the help to have a good time while showing my husband  "I AM TRYING".

I agree with Anu... if we all became mature and smart and sensible and "deep" there would be no purpose in living. People like II are  so sincere and sensitive and playful.. don't meant any harm. Minds her own business, but yet gets rapped in the knuckle because her SIL is her warden. It breaks my heart to see II's innocence been torn down thread by thread😭

Its easy to say "II deserved it" but the hurt and pain associated with humiliation she endured at Manny's behavior cannot be taken in one's stride😭 Bura to lagta hai... Manny had no idea why II took the lead, she was being haunted by her husband for two months now... in various form, by glares, by stares, by sacrcasm, scoldings, he was reminding her to BELONG. 

R&B SUSPECTS but does not know fully, how tense and crackling her relationship with Manny is. He knows Manny is opinionated and needy

He knows his wife is insecure and unsure of her position in his life.

What if R&B would NOT have been married and Marliese would have given the evening off to the help? What if R&B had let the help go? Is EVERYTHING II doing causing many to bristle and assume the worst? She lives by herself, of course she knows how to make dinner, or her boy toy could make it

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry. Just piping up with a totally different note. Watching Pretty Woman and the convo and flirting that Gere and Julia Roberts indulge in totally reminds me of SoSy!

But yes, Nisha. Innocence is always always lost in what is called growing up pains. Unfortunately.
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Good to see healthy discussions on II vs Manny in SoSY world😉

Most of us would have essayed the roles of II an Manny in our lives like:
Good II
Good Manny
Mean II
Mean Manny

Make your own combinations😊

II's situation is like nut caught between scissor blades. One side hubby and the other side SIL😔.
Hubby is reading wife's face and mind! Trying to connect the dots😊
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishruhi

dristi, u are a lawyer??? 😊

Yup. But I'm pursuing my masters in law as of now. So not much work is being done on the practicing front ðŸ˜†
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashu25

Oh we match again!! To some extent.. 

Am a student of political science... 

🤗"virtual hug " for enjoying similar kinds of torture😃
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have been off the sosy grid for a while
Now back to stay
Terribly missed the place
Will do a catch up marathon for all updates rich away
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: VeeIyer

@ taramira 

Had the system been quick, had the case gone on trial quickly, he would not have had the chance to twist and manipulate...so in my opinion law is the same for everyone, the judge wasn't biased this whole fiasco  is because Indian society is becoming rotten by the day

I beg to differ...the day the sessions court sentenced Salman, they stayed open till 7 pm to sort the paperwork, which is unprecedented..they usually close at 5pm..
The day his sentence was commuted, they fast forwarded his case to the top of the pile as the courts were going on summer vacation from the next day...so he does not go to jail..

and i know this personally as my friend's case hearing on some land stuff was due in the afternoon...they just scuttled her time as everyone was too busy sorting Mr. SK's papers...now she has to wait till the court vacation is over...

The courts were wrong in what they did...and the judge is part of that system

This is what I said as well. the law remains the same for everyone but the application of it and the efficiency with which it is applied depends on how efficient the system is 

the judge used case law and pronounced the verdict - 
salman's super duper lawyers used the same law and got him bail 

we might not like it, we might be horrified at the injustice of it all but law is law. 
its the system, unnecessary delays, the revolving door, using the inefficiencies which exist in the system and the ability of people such as salman to use this to their own advantage is what sucks. 

Dont blame the law blame the system. 
dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh I loved the shopping spree and the dinner at South ex...so II is trying to mend difference between the dude and his father...not a bad start...but still in the end she finds herself in another problem...this Manny yaar...

@drishti good to see another lawyer here :)