Users

Frequent Posters

kunnu1 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers.
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I was just thinking about all your characters while I was travelling to my native town.
  • R&B and II give a dreamy quality to the story.
  • Sam and Tan exude a certain warmth much like Vanditha and Bala.
  • Ranjan picturizes some helplessness and hesitant care.
  • Amma and Appa symbolize many middle class parents who try hard to not get carried away by the pomp they see around and are just warm worried parents who care too much for their children.
  • Manny and Vik form the fluctuating points here. Manny and Vik as a pair are yet to set a clear "together" picture. Manny is too real in a harsh world. She is the cynic that shows what changed for the family after Ma died, that also shows the divide between the middle class and the rich and that shows the bitterness amid all the sweet of the family members and also of having to share someone she so dearly loves. Just as II was feeling jealous about sharing Shravu with R&B, Manny is feeling insecure about sharing her brother with II. She will come around I guess.
And that's the bittersweet story you have formed so far. Nice. So in a way, what Manny says is correct. She does not have anything solid while the others do, barring Ranjan, who has crossed that border.

So all this happens on train. I see a young thin girl with long hair braided and all. I think all your readers have SoSy curtains on their eyes! 😆
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Nisha - my husband says he has never seen me smile so much. All SoSy effect.
I'm impressed. There are so many things that remind me of my life. Keep it going !!!
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Good one Envee - BTW listening to MS now .. i am still in my bed now :-) waiting for khana
I find connection every where too Sosy has to be the most real story i have read or will ever read..
playing with dirt lenthu bread upma varaikkum..
where are u from?

EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

Good one Envee - BTW listening to MS now .. i am still in my bed now :-) waiting for khana
I find connection every where too Sosy has to be the most real story i have read or will ever read..
playing with dirt lenthu bread upma varaikkum..
where are u from?

Hey! Basically a Tamilian but live in Bangalore now. My folks stay in a nearby town that's about 100 kms away. I come here every other weekend to beat city stress! 😆
And my mind goes on overdrive when I travel 😆

I know. MS is my all time fav. I listen to all kinds of music, basically anything soft and melodious. She tops the list. Something about her. In fact, I heard my dad or mum mention that she had earned crores in her years and she donated it all. Such is humility.

What are you listening to? Have you heard her Malai pozhudinile? A kind of romantic gaana. Quite nice. My dad used to sing it a lot 😊

Enjoy your off day 😊
Edited by EnVee - 8 years ago
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: EnVee

Hey! Basically a Tamilian but live in Bangalore now. My folks stay in a nearby town that's about 100 kms away. I come here every other weekend to beat city stress! 😆
And my mind goes on overdrive when I travel 😆

I know. MS is my all time fav. I listen to all kinds of music, basically anything soft and melodious. She tops the list. Something about her. In fact, I heard my dad or mum mention that she had earned crores in her years and she donated it all. Such is humility.

What are you listening to? Have you heard her Malai pozhudinile? A kind of romantic gaana. Quite nice. My dad used to sing it a lot 😊

Enjoy your off day 😊

EnVee...your mentioning malai pozhudinile rang bells from my childhood...i have learnt to dance to this song and the entire song just came back to me as I started singing ðŸ˜Š

Your analysis of all the characters was spot on !!  as i have said before, the loose ends are all lined up and we have to see how they get tied up or unravel...manny unravelling further seems to be a given...but how it would affect our protagonists is what we have to see...

Anu : please listen to Bombay Jayashri's keshavaya namaha...you will love it
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: VeeIyer

EnVee...your mentioning malai pozhudinile rang bells from my childhood...i have learnt to dance to this song and the entire song just came back to me as I started singing ðŸ˜Š

Your analysis of all the characters was spot on !!  as i have said before, the loose ends are all lined up and we have to see how they get tied up or unravel...manny unravelling further seems to be a given...but how it would affect our protagonists is what we have to see...

Anu : please listen to Bombay Jayashri's keshavaya namaha...you will love it

will listen to i malai pozhudinile, Jayashri's keshavaya namahanow.. i was actually listening to hanuman chalisa/bhagyada/rangapura and my latest obsession is Ayigiri - AR Rahman Revathi raga OMG haunting-
revathi - bo sambho by maharajapuram is my fav song ever!
My husband is from bangalore Envee .. and Vani so u a bharathanatyam dancer?
My mothers day is no work day - husband cleaning,kids cooking so yesterday was navagraha shanthi for FIL so khana remains and no cooking too!
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Main trai mein
Poora din I slept
Now I cant sleep
Nisha needs to provide a marathon of updates... Warna raat nahi kategi
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

will listen to i malai pozhudinile, Jayashri's keshavaya namahanow.. i was actually listening to hanuman chalisa/bhagyada/rangapura and my latest obsession is Ayigiri - AR Rahman Revathi raga OMG haunting-
revathi - bo sambho by maharajapuram is my fav song ever!
My husband is from bangalore Envee .. and Vani so u a bharathanatyam dancer?
My mothers day is no work day - husband cleaning,kids cooking so yesterday was navagraha shanthi for FIL so khana remains and no cooking too!

No Anu...dancing / singing was a pre requisite for any young Iyer girl and I did my bit too when I was in school...never followed up...but I now sing with a local choir...western classical...heaven and earth's difference na ? but I love the harmony of 4 voices and our group is amazing. !!

my mother's day was spent cooking for a whole bunch of friends and we wished each other...saving grace...enough left overs for 2 meals ðŸ˜ƒ

I did not like AB's hanuman chalisa...which one did you listen to ? and funnily my husband is from Blr too ðŸ˜Š
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishra368

no update till now?