Software Symphonies 20 Color my shadow on 100 - Page 5

Posted: 8 years ago
A score  and more to come! Congrats Nisha and a sincere thanks like my lil one says "from the bottomest of my heart"😊 
For bringing sosy and opening up our minds to explore  so many aspects of human relations!  Would never have pondered otherwise.

An addicted new reader! Just had to say what an awesome story this is! You are a fabulous writer and I'm thoroughly enjoying reading this unique tale. Your female protagonist totally reminds me of my spunky cousin ðŸ˜ƒ
I loved watching films when I was younger and your heroine is so far removed from the heroines found in films and television...which makes her all the more endearing and relatable! 
When I watched this clip on YouTube I immediately thought of II.(the long braid) I don't speak Hindi so I looked up the translated lyrics and they seem to fit perfectly for II and R&B. 
I'll try to embed the video but if it doesn't work here is the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFZDj3hE-sI

Edited by noname10 - 8 years ago
Congrats nisha!!!! Thread 20
looking forward for many more threads
Scrooge & Guardian Angel
She returned home at 5 fighting traffic... there was nobody at home
she went up, R&B was missing too
Went to the terrace, he found the book he was reading under the umbrella/ on the table

"U sent me to work so u could work late" she texted

"Ofcourse" he texted with a half smile

"Say something nice" she texted, sitting on the chair he was sitting on?

"I love the Scotch of the rocks I am drinking" he returned

"About Malcha Marg" she demanded

"I like the new awning" he said

"Umm... about humans that live there?"

"Mahavir makes a mean murgh kadai dish" he texted

" Umm... how about somone thats related to you?" she asked

"Manya and I played a game of tennis in the 40C heat"... "I won" he texted as an afterthought

"Who was the ball boy?"

"Shravu and Nandu both" he sent a half smile
"Not Lasya?" she asked enviously

"Umm... not today, I am still teaching her to hold a tennis ball"

"sab tum hi sikhao, she doesnt need her Mami" II was tired... jealous... missing him and aching for him... he was being particularly dense

RAKSHASAN! HE DOESNT EVEN CARE ITS MAY 8TH

"U could teach her how to match bras to scuncies"

"MINE never match remember?" she sent a angry emoticon

"Oh! yes thats true" he agreed

"Tum kabhi jhooth mein bhi mujhse achhi baat nahi kahogey" she accused

It was too hot on the terrace at 5:30
She went down, to the kitchen got lemonds out and some strawberries to make lemonade, washed her hands rinsed her face
Missing a text from him

"How about this... "ur braided hair looks great" ??

"Sach mein?" she asked earnestly

"U wanted me to lie II" he said

"Sorry I asked" she typed sending it to him

Had her lemonade by herself... went up to her balcony admired the small collection of plants she had now... some smaller varieties of roses a jasmine vine

Came back in and laid out all the Ikat material on the master bed and admired it all

She had gotten 9 in all... from silver greys to brick reds... subtle to saturated... all the combinations she could find...

She went to take a shower... stepped out thinking of Akka... wondered about Munirka water problem in summer

Akka would love this shower, she hesitated to invite her with Manya visiting

She wandered to the closet  wrapped in bathing gown in orange... walked around her closet,  tapping pushing the outfits not picking any

she picked a sea green saree, she hadnt worn before... Akka's gift... among so many she had given her

He picked her up from behind

She acted like she wasnt startled

He smelled like tennis, sweaty and grimy...

"Phir koi jhooth yaad aa gaya?" she asked smiling humorlessly

"Maybe" he muttered

Took her to bed... found the material arranged like an arch , he half smiled

Waise tum mujhe neeche chhodkar bhi keh sakte ho"

He placed her softly, crushing her... knocking her breath out

Finding a spot on her neck, his needle like stubble poking her

"I want words" she insisted

His hand went inside the parting of the robe... she squirmed turning...

"I like the soap?" he said, (does that count)
She kicked him...

"Kuch achha kaho" she begged

He kissed her fully, she tasted Scotch... as his tongue wingled inside her mouth

"Cant believe its been two months" he said drinking from her mouth

She pushed him moaning "Kya matlab hai tumhara? Hum do mahiney bhi last nahi karte?" she cried

He hugged her tight... "II"

"Kuch achha kaho" she demanded

He said "I like to watch u cook" she blushed a glorious red

"I like to watch u braid ur hair... its intoxicating... how you form those back and forth links" he whispered, her bathrobe fully open

"I like the laptop they gave u at KMPG" he chuckled

"bas***d!" she hissed at his obvious attempt to annoy her... she began kicking him... encountered his shoes

"BED MEIN? SHOES?" she screeched...
"Relax" its not ON the bed" he hissed, bending down over her curves

"Take off ur shoes" she insisted... he didnt...

holding his wrists from fondling her, yanking his hair pulling his head up..."U dont like my work chair?"  she gasped,

"I like ur cube walls better" he chuckled

"RAKSHASAN!" "I shud even be trusting u" "I dont know why I do" she ranted

He kissed her to tell her why

She lay beneath him with no clothes on...

they did not hear footsteps, but they heard "Dimpal"

"Ayyo" she yelped... clutching him tight

"Dont move" "AYYYO" "Its Manny"

He cursed colorfully... laying still on her...

They heard it AGAIN... much closer

II crawled from underneath him, pushing him off... flying to the closet area, slamming the door

"Who fell?" she could hear Manny

He lay face down...

"Does 8 sound good to you?' she asked

"For what?" he asked

"DINNER at Sam's" she said

"Oh! " he lifted himself up reluctantly

She stared at the materials on the bed... some sliding off it...

"were u asleep?" Manny asked

"Umm no" he said "U have lousy timing" he said bluntly

"lock the door if u are making out" she chuckled

II didnt step out until she was gone... he was in the balcony

"yeh tumhare liye" she said handing him a box

"come here" he demanded, ogling... taking in the saree and the skimpy blouse

"No"  "Not until she returns to Sydney" II mumbled

He came over to drag her seating her by him on the swing, hitting the swamp cooler's remote...

It was a reading/book light... "It scored the highest on the "sleeping spouse" scale" she said

He smiled fully...

"Ab main swing bedroom mein nahi laaoongi, so u better read in bed" she reminded

He turned and kissed her

"Mere liye kya laaye?" she demanded

"I was thinking of buying flowers but they were too expensive" he chuckled on her lips

"How cheap da" she cursed... "Athim gave Akka a silver thing every date, every month" she competed

"Bala must have a lot of time" (to waste) he muttered

"Jerk" she was tearful

He pushed her down...

"U havent even showered" she muttered... kissing him back with ardour

"Kaha lekar jaaogey aaj shaam ko?"

"Lets eat at home" he suggested.. breathless...

"Scrooge" she cursed.. but didnt let go of him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amma called her about 7 answer sheets missing from II's stack... II recalled having graded them downstairs... she found it in the lounge drawer

She told him she would drop it off at D II and then head to Sam's... Ranjan went directly from work

Tan and R&B, Vik drank beer in the lounge, Sam's father in law sat with them too
Mother in law went to see her sister she was returning later

"Maine tujhe 10 baar phone par kaha tha... DONT POKE HIM" sam was annoyed

"I only asked him if he married her because she looked like Ma" Manny went on the defensive

"WHY?" What did he ever do to u?" Sam asked

"He didnt... she is just so different" Manny mumbled

"Different is bad" "Right?" Sam mocked

"I am surprised Dad hasnt picked up on it" Manny said

"SO WHAT MANYA?" sam hissed

"So nothing Sam... I am just sayin"

"Uve decided u wont like her because of that?"

"Oh! "I" like her... what do I have against her? Nothing... my laptop went missing, yet I am OK" Manny said

"Bechari ne naya khareeda she sent it to u the next day"

"I didnt ask for it" Manny sniggered

"YOU DIDNT... BUT she got a VIBE" Sam whispered

"I gave her no vibe... I only tell her she shud be in the movies, she is so pretty, why did she pick my brat of a brother" Manny wanted answers

"To say something like that to an Iyer girl is nothing short of an insult Manya" Sam was angry

"What? to be in the movies?" Manny mocked... "shes too pretty"

"To be his wife? Apne bhai ki insult kar rahi hai ya uski?"

"Why him... he could have anyone he wants... hes so handsome... his biggest minus he is a goonga"

"She is adorable..." Sam lamented

"Can I please say thats why I am worried" Manya said

"Are u worried because she makes YOU insecure with ur bhai, or because she looks like Ma, or because she is too pretty. Or because she is nothing like what u had imagined"

Tan walked in... sensed the crackling tension

"Hua kya?"

"Isko samjhao Tan... uske peechhe pad gayi hai"

"Arey kar lee na usne shaadi chhodo usko" (R&B)

"she is not sure about Ishita" (Sam said the name in a whisper)

"Hota hai yaar brother's wife u know its not easy to accept" he said

"To main kya mental hoon to like her then?" Sam accused

"Samyukta, BAAT ko mat badhaa" Tan was irritated

"Isko samjhao Tan"

"Kya problem hai yaar tujhe us se? As far as I can tell she has no fangs or claws... raat ko nikalta ho to aur baat hai" Tan chuckled

"Hee haw... funny Tan" Manny grumbled downing her drink

"If he was single would u be happy?" Tan asked

"NOOO" manny said vehemently

"If he was with Marliese?" he asked

Manny mumbled... a "no"

"Tujhse poochhkar karta kya shaadi?" Tan asked bluntly

sam smiled smugly, as Manny was looking at her glass drawing circles on the rim

"Vik ko toone us se pass karwaya?" he asked

"I am dating him Tan" Manny said

"To kar le na shaadi" Tan said

"Sam chhod yaar baat ko" he ordered
She was teary eyed, he went ahead and hugged her
"Jerk!" she cried on his shoulder... he kissed her...
"shhh" "Let it go"  "What if she comes here and sees you two arguing over how terrible she is?"

"usko poochen aap" Sam ordered pointing to Manny "I LOVE her"

"Tujhe ladki se problem hai, apne Dad se problem hai... is situation se hai?" Tan said philosophically
"Chachu calls me every week sucking up to me, sell sell sell sell sell" is all I f**kING HEAR" Manny began to cry

tan went to hug her "shhh shhh"

"To dimpal ko baqsh de na... u are not angry at him" "haan" he reminded  "DONT mix unrelated issues Manya" he was stern

"I am afraid... dimpal is going to sell his share to chachu
 thinking she is manna from heaven and he will live happily ever after with her, walk away...
kal ko kuch hua to by then it will be too late coz he would have already sold it all to Chachu"

"He will sell not because he thinks she is his eternal love, he will sell because he hasnt forgiven ur Dad" Tan whispered menacingly

Turned to Sam "We have guests tujhe achha lag raha hai aise lad rahi hai apni behen se?"

"its not my fault" Sam cried

"If u dont want him to sell TELL HIM THAT. If u hate Chachu's criminal antics do something about it... us ladki ne tera kya bigaada?" Tan asked baffled

"I dont want him to be hurt" Manny cried

"Oh! HELLO!!! Hes not in 2nd standard... hes been around " "samjhi"  "Guardian Angel" Tan sniggered

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Indie2121

IMPRESSIVE!! 
I have been a bookworm most of my life,  and nowadays, it takes a lot to impress me...and I am seriously in love with SS!  I am amazed at the progress this story has made.
The seemingly "effortless"  finesse in the way the various plots / subplots have been revealed, the complexities and realism  of the different characters have continued to impress me. 
In fact, I often have to remind myself that these are characters and the figment of the author's imagination!
Congratulations, Nisha! 
I just wanted to use this opportunity to say that u have impressed me in so many ways! 
It has to take dedication, and commitment to update 3/4 times a day, and that too, while having a "real" busy life, fulfilling so many of your own personal roles! 
I'm hoping that you will continue to inspire others like me, and also continue to find writing this beautiful expression of your imagination, as therapeutic as you did, from the day this story was born.

Thanks so very much.. I have have no clue about the History, Physics or Geography of writing I began to write as a "oh! will you please draw me a picture of that flower" type request from a dear friend.
And then it just flowed😆
I am so touched by the glowing compliments. I am surrounded by the greatest group of readers that keep me in line... by asking me the right questions allowing me to think and crystallize my thoughts, ensuring the characters stay true to how I created them
If it werent for the 100+ readers that comment, this tale wouldnt exist.

THANKS SO VERY MUCH
I hope you will continue to love reading, commenting and engaging in conversation...

The feeling is often the deeper truth, while the opinion is the more superficial one. Manya here is being forced to look past the shallowness of her opinions so she can begin to reflect on the truths of her hidden emotions. I find her perhaps to be the most real of all the characters in this story.
I don't think Manya is really looking for a fight here, as much as she is just seeking for someone that she can surrender to. What a brilliant character Nisha!
Originally posted by nividances

The feeling is often the deeper truth, while the opinion is the more superficial one. Manya here is being forced to look past the shallowness of her opinions so she can begin to reflect on the truths of her hidden emotions. I find her perhaps to be the most real of all the characters in this story.

Huh!!  Isnt that the truth...😲  Sahi baat hai... hmmm... I am still ingesting your comment... Niv
Thank you for loving her. I have tried to put a halo of unreal around everyone while keeping the inside real.
Comments like yours reassure me that it was a good attempt
 Morning Raga...Amazing Arohanam pitching towards the AGM...The trials and travails of the shares and the annoying tactics of Chachu...the seething anger of the trio at the blind love for his brother that Dad demonstrates...the pain at the loss of Ma and how they have not healed...the fear at what could happen if R& B sold his shares...what it could do to them as a family...Not sure as yet how II fits into all of this...Sam is witness to the love and adoring nature of II...she knows II dies for the Dude...Manya has to experience it... Sam senses the vibes of M and what it is doing to II very perceptive...the symphony has such carefully crafted performers...each rendering with fervour...the Avarohanam...bad timing of M...her insecurities...jealousy...fear...resentment...
Forgot Tan in the list of II supporters...waiting to read how the evening progresses and how the Dude celebrates the Monthversary.
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Huh!!  Isnt that the truth...😲  Sahi baat hai... hmmm... I am still ingesting your comment... Niv
Thank you for loving her. I have tried to put a halo of unreal around everyone while keeping the inside real.
Comments like yours reassure me that it was a good attempt

I'm glad that even my short comments are being liked by you. I was told off by my advisor a few days ago for being too wordy in my writing, so I'm working on trying to convey more while I "say" less. Just tell me if I get too cryptic and I will go back to my essays. ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜†