Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar 5th May 2015. Nostalgia. Pics Pg-1, SHORT ANALYSIS Upd Pg1

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Jodha Akbar 5th May 2015... " ~ Nostalgia of Mak'unta-ah Gaff'ul ~ ".
It was beautiful and Nostalgic today, do watch the episode...

Jalal comes out and meets Fazl.
They leave for Agra.
Witch takes bath in a river.!

Jodha sees HB who is still in critical condition.
Salima greets her with Navrauz wishes.

Jodha goes for conversion in Mughal dress.
~ Nostalgia of Mak'unta-ah Gaff'ul ~    > Pronounced as "Gaakkul"
This song was played amidst Sufi saints.
With some FB's of JJ first trip to Ajmer Sharif was shown.

Jalal comes here to drink water. He leaves then.
Later he comes back again to read Namaaz here.

Maulvi almost completes conversion of Jodha.
He tells some 5 basic tenets of Islam to Jodha.

Jodha recites almost every word but not the last word , which is required to go in the fold of "Imaan" .

Last Precap scene plays.
Jalal and Jodha see each other and are shocked.
Ultimately, She did not convert.

Precap:
Jalal says to Jodha in dejection(NOT anger), that she was going to do wrong.
She has broken his orders, and he leaves.

PS:
Susan has updated pics below.
Radhika has updated her short analysis below.

Link to Shah-i-Iran track update.

The Daring Diplomatic Master Stroke of Akbar and Sheikh Mubarak

DEBATE on GREATness of monarchs in history(Akbar included).
Do post your thoughts, if possible.
Direct Link :  What is the BASIS of GREATness ?
IF Link :  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4363101

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinitaj27 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I just have a few questions...
First did jodha convert or not?
Second will jalal come to know abt HB n GB s pressure tactics or will ruqqaiya do her black magic somehow?
Third will we ever see the talaq promo happening or no?
And finally will we see a salim supporting his mother this time when his father goes bonkers thanx to the witch or will he be too busy dreaming of making anar the next MEH?
And the most important one... what is Makunta...?Edited by vinitaj27 - 8 years ago
mishtidoi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Not watched and have no intentions to do so.

Isn't this a mockery of religion CVs are doing ?

Are not they promoting superstitions ?

BCC or whatever is just ornamental . 😡
history_geek thumbnail

Yes you are right Mishti.
In Precap, Jalal said the same thing, that it was a "Mazaak" .

BTW, let me write ...
I am ONLY praising the nostalgia associated with the episode, not the writers here.

@Vini...
Jodha did not convert. Read the update...
Edit:
Makunta Gaff'ul was the Sufi song, sung during JJ's first visit to Ajmer Sharif.
Watch the episode, and then you will get the answers.
There was no Salim.

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago
Susan.Dsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Aaj Jodha first time galat hai kyu ke lslam qubool karna wo b kisi ke pressure mein akar wo galat hai :( aur b way hai mm ko
manane ke liye but cv ko maza ata hai jodha ko weak dekhne mein waise hum yaha jodha ko fully blame nahi kar sakte yaha mm aur jalal ke b galat thi hai
mm ke kyu ke wo food nahi kaa rahe agar usko kuch huwa blame waise b jodha pe aayega
aur jalal ke iss liye ke usko agra letter send karne chahiye thi i know wo sab ko suprise dena chahte thee but jalal should know
sab kitne tension mein hoge for jalal and kids
i want jalal ko mm ke condition ke baare mein pata chale aur jo kaand usne DEK wo b pata chale
kyu ke jodha ye sab kar rahe thi taake mm ko kuch na ho 
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
...res... 10 mins... :(

Unres

Hi ABhay

Very upset with you. On your recommendation, saw the episode and cried a lot. You are right about the nostalgia bit.

The magic, the junoon, the addiction for the show has left me (pls, i am not talking for everyone here, only myself. Those who are enjoying the show, pls excuse me.)

But watching the strong connect between JJ today made me cry with nostalgia for what was and what is. :( and what could have been too.

Is it a contrived co-incidence or some invisible string that draws JJ together to the same mazar on Navroz? They were so close yet so far, standing just behind each other yet unaware of each other's physical presence, though inextricably linked thru their soul. .

Does Navroj have any significance here or was it just a random choice? Will this chance encounter on the New Year's day usher in a new phase in the eternal journey of JJ?

I truly hope so.

Before that, however, i must comment on the soulful sufi music and the trance-like swirling of the dervishes. It was so spellbinding yet poignant. Though she had steeled her heart against any sentiment and tried to convince herself that she was merely sacrificing her faith in the interests of her family and sultanat, Jo kew that she was cheating Jalal and herself by going against his wishes, simply to placate the implacable Hamida.

The presence of Jalal's spirit was so overwhelming for her that she could feel him everywhere. At the mazar, where his vision teaching her how to pray to a pir floated in front of her eyes. Even then, though there had been ghrina between them, he had been quick to inform her that she was free to pray or not pray, as per her faith and desire.

His regard and support for her faith had never wavered over the years. But she was not going to be 'weak' and let her husband's tolerance sway her from her goal of converting to please the near-dying Hamida. She shook herself almost visibly to extricate herself from his presence and looked away from the mazar at the Navroj celebrations and the dancing dervishes. Was her mind playing tricks with her? Here 2, she could see Jalal dancing in a trance, the way he had on their first visit to Ajner Sharif. The more she was trying to free herself of his shadow, his invisible hold over her mind and soul, the more he seemed to appear in front of her eyes and mock her decision.

Shaking from the effects of his derision, she tried to go thru with the conversion, but fate had other plans. Jalal who wanted to be with Jodha at the earliest, tried to ride fast to Agra without even stopping for a thanksgiving to the Almighty for achieving his goals. His horse however refused to budge. Taking it as a cue that Allah wanted him to offer namaz at the mazar, Jalal turned back. He was unaware that it was Jodha's soul that was calling him to her, begging him to do something to stop her from converting. Allah didn't want just his namaz then but to save a soul from forced conversion to Islam.

Jodha is unable to complete the conversion. The strong vice-like grip of Jalal offering namaz at the mazar across the latticed wall separating them stopped her from embracing the last tenet.

Jalal, on his part, looked at her as if he knew her. He couldn't quite place her when he got the chance to meet her in person.

It is hard to say who was more shocked. Jo or Jalal.

Precap scene indicates the deep anguish of a man who has been letdown by the one person he trusts more than himself . Jo is the life, the soul, the reason for being of Jalal. It was unthinkable for him that she would betray his faith in her so blatantly. He had trusted she would remain strong and unmoved by pressure as the MEH and implement his policy of religious freedom. Now he was stunned by her willingness, albeit forced, to renounce her faith, insult Islam by accepting it half-heartedly and going against his farman openly.

Jo has gone against him in the past, so that may not be a big deal. But this time, she had gone too far. She had broken her promise to him and in turn made him break his pre-nuptial vow to always uphold her right to her faith. Moreover, this was no longer a personal dispute between a husband and a wife.

The MEH had violated the writ of the SS and he had to take some action lest the wrong message be sent to the people.

Will Jalal decide to divorce her now? I don't know how CVs will proceed.

But what has happened is good for JJ because any couple can stay lovey-dovey in happy circumstances. It is only when their mutual faith is shaken, that the strength of the relationship is known.

When the person you love and trust the most betrays you, what do you do? Do you give up on him / her and become bitter and cynical? Or do you try to understand what happened, forgive the other, and move on ahead, stronger than ever?

I feel that JJ will not separate or MU for long. They will emerge stronger and more committed to each other.

Blast the witch, pardon my language. But i really don't know what purpose she will serve. An irritating addition to repugnant Ruq and hostile Hamida, the wretched witch is jarring to my nerves.

Thanks Abhay for the update and for ensuring i didn't miss the epi. It was a
Fine trip down memory lane, despite the tears :)
Edited by RadhikaS0 - 8 years ago
vinitaj27 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: history_geek

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">
Yes you are right Mishti.
In Precap, Jalal said the same thing, that it was a "Mazaak" .

<font color="#0000FF">BTW, let me write ...
I am ONLY praising the nostalgia associated with the episode, not the writers here.</font>

@Vini...
Jodha did not convert. Read the update...
Edit:
Makunta Gaff'ul was the Sufi song, sung during JJ's first visit to Ajmer Sharif.
Watch the episode, and then you will get the answers.
There was no Salim.

</font>

Thanx abhay!
As for salim i was talking abt later when jalal gets under the influence of the witch n fights with jodha... 😊
We should thank ruqqaiya for giving enough experience over the years to jodha on bearing with witches..
history_geek thumbnail
Originally posted by: vinitaj27

Thanx abhay!
As for salim i was talking abt later when jalal gets under the influence of the witch n fights with jodha... 😊
We should thank ruqqaiya for giving enough experience over the years to jodha on bearing with witches..

Vini,
A friend/source told me to have "good" hopes(surprisingly) from the witch track.
I was giving up slowly, but this assurance made me hang in here.
Let us not "presume" Jalal will fight with Jodha.
Lets forget Ruqs, she is no where in picture.
Waiting to see, what this witch track leads to.

sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
agreed Jo is wrong, but still nobody can understand what pressure she must be facing... but then even Jalal is not wrong... he trusted her most, and he is unaware of MM's health condition and others misbehavior with Jo... anyway, now he will do his worst, and that talaq promo will happen, and that too outside the palace... that explains why he was shown in tent...

and then, just when he is about to divorce her in front of Maulavi, that Maulavi will reveal that Jo didn't convert... and the both AkDha will start apologizing to eachother...

let's see, CVs make it in such simple way, or they go for more Jo torture...
BeaBea thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Abhay for take time to make this thread.

Appreciate it very much.😊