Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Of Hits, Misses and The Resurgance Of PHEELS!

medha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

It's been a while but I just HAD to make a post today. The episode was so good after so long Paced well, crisp dialogues, well thought out and executed scenes and great utilization of resources,...it was one of the better episodes in recent times.

A lot has been said about Manik's " look" as he found Nandini tied up and Nandini murmuring his name as if she got her life back. It was beautiful, their eyes spoke a thousand words and it was there in that moment, in a life threatening situation, we could see how much they meant to each other. Elaborate confessions and loud declarations of love aren't  always necessary, they are just words, but that warmth, that spark, that life in Nandini's eyes as she saw Manik barging in spoke volumes.

I have always felt Pandit's character has never been utilized properly, Dishank's talent was a waste and as the days part his character took a turn for the worst. His recent scenes have been all so lame, his motivations unclear and his actions corresponding to what Nyonika instigates him to do. He is nothing but a puppet in the masterful hands of Nyonika. I understand that since fans are displeased with the track , they want to wrap it up sooner rather than later but if they intend to take the whole law and order route, I urge them to etch out a proper closure for this track.

The fight sequence has always been a bit Lel-worthy in my honest opinion but Manik's aggression, his desperation, his rage was so well portrayed. I'm getting the glimpse of the old manic who is not a perfect Shakesperean Romantic hero mouthing cheesy dialogues but a man of flesh and blood. He is good at heart but he is human as well. He is ruthless and unforgiving if someone dares to hurt his loved ones and here Pandit has done the unthinkable, he went after the girl who gave his life a new meaning, the girl who changed his perspective towards life and love single-handedly.  He was pushed to a corner and like a caged animal, he charged out ferociously in order to protect his territory. NOBODY plays with fire and gets away with it unscorched. I have to give it to Parth, he has been phenomenal this last week and here too he totally immersed himself in the scene. It was as if, he was Manik and Manik was him that's one of the signs of a good actor and I'm sure he will go a long way if he remains as dedicated and sincere.

Coming to Nandini, her breakdown was so required. She needed this, needed to fall apart only to rise even stronger. She has been through a lot but has always bottled up her emotions. Heck, in the last 3 months, god knows the number of life threatening situations she has been in. Any girl would break if they went through all that shit. She has kept herself busy, immersed herself in the lives of others and always kept a happy countenance while simultaneously breaking apart inside. She is bound to be jaded and cynical but she has kept up her defences and not let her weakness show.  But this ultimate betrayal from a teacher she totally respected was her breaking point.  She has always had immense respect and admiration for Pandit despite her doubts about his intentions and probably the reason why she disregarded them as figments of her overthinking mind in the first place. Now that all her doubts came true in the form of another nightmare, the girl really couldn't go on like everything was okay.

I loved the shower scene for many reasons. It was poignant, it was painful and it aptly showed the emotions of both manik and nandini. Nandini, for obvious reasons could not immediately welcome the touch of another male but Manik made sure that he was always there with her, for her. The tenderness with which he took care of her, eased her into his arms, slowly but surely made her trust him and his touch , first hesitantly, carefully and then protectively and rightfully, was beautiful. Under the shower, his tears mingled with hers and his pain soothed corresponded with hers, him caressing her face, wiping away the traces of that vile man from her body, her leaning into him for support again screamed poignant.

Like all desi shows, the heroine always has a tendency to hide her pain and suffering from her family for some noble reason but I was pleasantly surprised that the Fab4 and Navya were there to explain things calmly to chacha and chachi. These guys have really come a long way and dare I say, has accepted Nandini as a part of their friend circle. Chacha and Chachi's reactions were heartwarming and justified, Nandini is nothing short of their own daughter and they would naturally be enraged and vengeful. Note the irony though- Chacha getting Nandini a Veena as a surprise gift which Nandini in these circumstances would not able to appreciate since it would always remind her of her lessons with that lecherous man. It would take her a while to get over the trauma and start playing again if she ever wants to, that is. Music was her hobby and the liberating experience she felt while playing would perhaps now seem stifling to her.

I was really happy seeing Rishabh's attacks once again. It is high time that this track is resolved and the mystery is revealed for the sake of Dhruv as well as Nandini and her family. Dhruv cannot really hope to embark on a new phase in his life when his past fears, experiences and trauma are still looming over his head.  The precap---it's in Manik's nature to blame himself, it was expected but he needs to realize that things happening to his friends or Nandini are not a result of his failure to protect them. He will never be able to lead a guilt-free and content life if he takes the blame for everything. As for Harshad, what is he up to? I'm glad that he is back, a major arc of the show is focused on him. He will never be good but I wonder what he is congratulating himself for...is it his success in perhaps winning the goodwill of someone or does he have a role to play in this whole Pandit conspiracy? We'll just have to wait and watch.

Lastly, A REALLY BIG THANK YOU TO RICHA AND HER TEAM. The writers really took our views seriously and trying to make amends to the things that had gone wrong in the last couple of months. The effort is already visible and I really really heart them for respecting the opinion of the viewers. Big love! Muah!❀️

PS- This Aryaman guy seems so useless at this point. What is he here for? Him and his earring fetish...just so absurd, unnecessary and LELπŸ˜†...And plz get his eyebrows threaded, he is a decent looker but I can''t seem to see past his eyebrows!

PPS- Woah...this turned out to be 1200+ words...I wish I could write this much in my exams, all my woes would have been resolved!πŸ˜†

Edited by medha16 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Res and will unres much later.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
It was a complete episode, if we can ignore that stupid silly new entry. 

The moment they both saw each other, that there was peace, home and love. 

They really did effed up Pandit's character which made the whole FC track too melodramatic and I am glad with whatever it's worth they are trying to repair the damages. 

Parth was just beyond brilliant when he aced those fighting scenes- more that punches he lived the agony, anger of Manik. 

This and Nandu's fear when he beats up Pandit , her cry stopping him. Sigh . 

But the numbing of Nandu was everything . This is where they have done disservice to Nandu , the tangibles were always missing for her reactions beyond Manik and their relationship. Girl has gone through break-ups, life threats, but never her agony was shared or discussed by her family , they were kept in dark and she lived through a facade, a bubble , hence making her seemingly one-dimensional.
Now this harsh reality has poked it and given her the much needed bonds. I am soo happy fab5 for the first time did something nice and actually told everything to Chacha-Chachi . Very, real, very vital, she needs all her loved ones right now. So much stress, so much trauma she has been repressing these months because whenever her breakdown came, manik was helping her or something distracted her but this just is so necessary. Please play it with sensitivity and reboot Nandu.

Dhruv-Rishab was nice. Nandu-Navya. 

Shower Scene- poignant . Words will fail it. His pain , his helplessness, her fear, her hurt,yet together they were trying to rebuild their safe home in each other.

Niti with 5 words, numbed expressions stole it . PaNi - beyond.

Just no unnecessary drama through new entry . Keep MaNan stable. Nandu is bound to go through traumatic stress now , flashbacks, music, veena- so much potential. 

RIcha and her team, take a bow, keep this going , no unnecessary larger than life things and no OTT entries. 

@M16 - Great post!

..oishu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ur post = <3

p.s. i just didn't get how this aryamann found out where the pandu lives! :S
starlightshine thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Medha, 
I made a mistake of wrting a really long post on IF, and IF didn't let me post .-__-   πŸ˜‘
Now its all lost, and I don't have the energy to retype it again, but let me just say that this is a WONDERFUL POST!  Its lovely to see so much post deep thought go into each episode. Looking forward to see more of your posts πŸ˜Š
Edited by poopymaster - 8 years ago
medha16 thumbnail
Originally posted by: charminggenie

It was a complete episode, if we can ignore that stupid silly new entry. 

The moment they both saw each other, that there was peace, home and love. 

They really did effed up Pandit's character which made the whole FC track too melodramatic and I am glad with whatever it's worth they are trying to repair the damages. 

Parth was just beyond brilliant when he aced those fighting scenes- more that punches he lived the agony, anger of Manik. 

This and Nandu's fear when he beats up Pandit , her cry stopping him. Sigh . 

But the numbing of Nandu was everything . This is where they have done disservice to Nandu , the tangibles were always missing for her reactions beyond Manik and their relationship. Girl has gone through break-ups, life threats, but never her agony was shared or discussed by her family , they were kept in dark and she lived through a facade, a bubble , hence making her seemingly one-dimensional.
Now this harsh reality has poked it and given her the much needed bonds. I am soo happy fab5 for the first time did something nice and actually told everything to Chacha-Chachi . Very, real, very vital, she needs all her loved ones right now. So much stress, so much trauma she has been repressing these months because whenever her breakdown came, manik was helping her or something distracted her but this just is so necessary. Please play it with sensitivity and reboot Nandu.

Dhruv-Rishab was nice. Nandu-Navya. 

Shower Scene- poignant . Words will fail it. His pain , his helplessness, her fear, her hurt,yet together they were trying to rebuild their safe home in each other.

Niti with 5 words, numbed expressions stole it . PaNi - beyond.

Just no unnecessary drama through new entry . Keep MaNan stable. Nandu is bound to go through traumatic stress now , flashbacks, music, veena- so much potential. 

RIcha and her team, take a bow, keep this going , no unnecessary larger than life things and no OTT entries. 

@M16 - Great post!

Thanks Genie, coming from u means so much!
Yeah, i felt that it was a very balanced episode. Nandu's numbing was realistic...there is a limit to all that one can take and poor girl was locked up in coffin and manhandled...it was just too much.
Agree with pandit too, he was meant to be a mentor and he turned out to be a lecher...that's some serious f**k up and consequently the whole FC concept went for a toss. I'm hopeful though that they will all tie up the loose ends and bring a logical end to this track.
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Beautifully expressed medha
Mjraha thumbnail
I just can't get one thing! if pandit's chapter is end today then what has he been doing on the shoot for so many days??! is he going to cone back to harm nandini or manik??!!!
medha16 thumbnail
Originally posted by: fawadbae

Beautifully expressed medha

Thank u so much...I'm amazed that so many ppl have the patience to read through all of it. πŸ˜†
medha16 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mjraha

I just can't get one thing! if pandit's chapter is end today then what has he been doing on the shoot for so many days??! is he going to cone back to harm nandini or manik??!!!

I really don't know that but I don't think Pandit is coming back...at least I hope so.
The show has so much to deal with already and it seems pointless to get him back since his character was really random and wasn't etched out well at all. 
There is Harshad and nyo already and i for one would love to see some happy moments in the show instead of any more psychos or creeps. 
As for the shoot, i think Dishank has stopped shooting for the show. They generally shoot an epi the day before it ends, so Dishank had to be there.