Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

KBR landed the no-bid logistics contract worth $39.5 bn AFTER negotiations by Cheney. What do you make of that? And Halliburton incurred no losses in the war, that's wrong information.

Nothing.. Halliburton & KBR has been receiving government contracts since WWII. I doubt Cheney has anything to do with that war?.. No one bids in times of war, you go with the best equipped company.. no other companies provide with what they provide.. And yes they lose money in Iraq, Halliburton sold KBR because it was draining Halliburton resources? The contracts signed by corporations in Iraq were all cost + 1% contracts which means it doesn't matter how large the contract was for, they made just 1% profit off the contract. Halliburton and KBR are only service contractors, they don't directly get affected by oil prices but by the volume of work..Iraq was only offering service contracts to operators where they only get $1 per barrel, & combined that with the danger & expense of operating in Iraq, it actually made a very bad investment for them..
I don't know of any report where Haliburton said that KBR was draining them so they sold it. And yes, Cheney was behind the Pentagon's awarding of the highest contract to KBR. 
As for oil, Brown and Roots was a construction company, granted. But what about the others like Exxon, Shell, BP et al? What about the tremendous profits they all made? And even if the theory stands true (KBR losses), what about the Hydrocarbons Act that USA wanted the Iraqi Parliament to pass to make things low-cost for Western investors? 

I repeat what I said about the Cheney-led taskforce on National Energy Policy Development where he made plans to expand the number of petroleum pipelines and obtained a map of Iraq's oil and gas pipelines through FOI. 
Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/who-are-millionaires-behind-islamophobic-industry-america-1487378765
Who are the millionaires behind the Islamophobic industry in America? 
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oil speculators... Exxon etc did do rather well, but it was the speculators that made out the best. Shell and Exxon profits while being very good, were certainly not record breakers... Other companies did as well and many even better... Media will always says they are making massive money like all the massive money the health insurance companies are supposedly making now, this is simply not true... Exxon that made massive profits still has not been able to pay their fine for Valdez Oil Spill & god knows how long ago that happened.. It wasn't really the war, it was speculation that was driving the oil price up..

According to the Iraq Oil Law, all of Iraq's oil belongs to Iraqi people and the respected governate in which the resources lie... They are, by law, in charge of deciding who handles it, although there are some interesting terms for lucrative oil contracts, still the Iraqis decide, they choose to go with any oil companies, they are not required to work with US... If you invaded Iraq for oil, then why don't your army seized the oil fields and pump 24/7 just for US consumption?.. They did not own the oil fields, did not get a discount on oil, & neither are they getting any profits from Iraqi oil fields..

Anyway, this would be my last comment on this oil topic; I dont buy the oil argument, for the trillion you spent, you could have bought every drop of oil in Iraq. If your intent was greed then you would have lifted the sanctions instead of starting a war. If you invaded Iraq for oil, then why do you import less every year since the start of the war till today than you did pre war? http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MTTIMIZ1&f=A ... If it was for oil, then where is the oil? And when is all of this oil going to hit the market in the USA. Soon I hope, because it is not there yet? http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1948787,00.html . The theory "war for oil" predicts certain specific outcomes which I don't really see happening..
Looks like there's a miscommunication. I repeated thrice that the war was for the oil cos. to make low-cost investments and assemble humongous profits, not for US consumption. The reason they couldn't do so, I've mentioned already.