Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Draw Muhammad contest Taxas!!! WHY?? (Page 12)

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Originally posted by Rehanism

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">This is the key factor that sets hate speech apart from free speech. The target is a group of people. Any speech that incites violence or hatred against a group of people is rightly hate speech. Calling for attacks or excommunication of Muslims would rightly be hate speech. But ideas, ideologies and symbols are not living beings. They do not deserve the immunity from assault that human beings do. Therefore denigration of beliefs or symbols can't be hate speech regardless of how crude they are. Offense is subjective. But laws should be uniform.

</font>
<font color="#0000FF" size="2">I think you are looking at only one form of hate speech. If party A incites violence against party B it is hate speech as much as if party A practices a form of expression that provokes violence in party B.Here, I don't see Party B as threatening party A, I see party B as some entity who got provoked unnecessarily.

Ideas, ideologies, symbols, books and idols are an integral part of living beings and thus an assault on them may still be construed as an assault on living beings. If the question is, who is hurt in the process of assaulting "</font><font color="#0000FF" size="2">Ideas, ideologies, symbols, books and idols" , then I think we are reducing human pain only to the physical.
</font><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
I am deeply offended by the Islamic position regarding non-believers. The Quran is outright abusive and spiteful against the non-believers; its full of graphic details of torture that awaits the non-believers and I am offended by the thought that millions of children around the world are subjected to such bigoted and scary ideas. The Christian belief that every child is a sinner by birth and deserves to suffer in hell for eternity unless he accepts Jesus is another offensive belief to me. But I still think Muslims and Christians should be free to have such twisted and morally abhorrent beliefs and preach them as well.

</font>
<font color="#0000FF" size="2">There is no moratorium on beliefs, even if they are stupid and irrational. If they are acting on those beliefs, like they are doing in Syria or Iran or Iraq or Afghanistan, and harming others in the process, then other countries should step in.
</font><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">

If we are really sincere about banning hate speech, I am afraid the first victims would be these 'Holy' books.</font>

<font color="#0000FF" size="2">Perhaps. But I would like to see the debunking of these holy books to happen via science, not "art". Till date, if "art" has done anything viable in regards to turning the irrational to rational, I would like to know.</font>

With regard to the first part in blue, I'd like to point out that its quite problematic. As per the conditions mentioned, any legitimate criticism of an idea or a practise (that "millions" might hold dear) would also be dubbed as "hate speech".

Edited by krystal_watz - 06 June 2015 at 12:01pm

..FallAndFly.. IF-Rockerz
..FallAndFly..
..FallAndFly..

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

FallandFly: You're confusing between "person" and "idea". Humiliating a person (the example you provided about a group of kids making fun of a lone kid) is considered bullying. But parodying or criticising an IDEA (which Islam or any other religion is) is not.
An idea?
What?Our Prophet was A Person and we look up to him,follow his paths and you Criticising him is criticising our ways of life, Calling our Faith and ideals Stupid,pathetic and full of B.S with so much force and Hatered that you have to bring armed bikers infront of mosque with these 'peaceful' Cartoons is Not Ragging than i dont know what is.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Qirat.tasha001

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
I've no idea about this bike incident you refer to. And nope, the Prophet was a real person, but he represented/represents an idea, like politicians/spiritual leaders/statesmen do.By your reasoning, one should not criticise or bad-mouth politicians as well, since that would apparently amount to "bullying". And leave alone people who espouse or propagate ideas, the public mocks and derides every kind of public figure there is, the majority of the brunt-bearers being actors Tongue

Secondly, a religion has several aspects or facets. There is a social, a politicial and a philosophical side to a particular faith. Criticism of one particular aspect does not signify a dismissal of the faith as a whole. And btw, religious instructions don't govern one's lifestyle in its entirety, so there's no question of it being mocked.

Edited by krystal_watz - 06 June 2015 at 12:30pm
..FallAndFly.. IF-Rockerz
..FallAndFly..
..FallAndFly..

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 12:41pm | IP Logged

I've no idea about the bike incident you refer to. And no, the Prophet was a real person, but he represented/represents an idea. By your reasoning, one should not criticise or bad-mouth politicians as well, since that would apparently amount to "bullying".

Secondly, a religion has several aspects or facets. There is a social, a politicial and a philosophical side to a particular faith. Criticism of one particular aspect does not signify a dismissal of the faith as a whole. And btw, religious instructions don't govern one's lifestyle as a whole, so there's no question of it being mocked.
Badmouthing a Politician and a Person related to A religion which Billions of people follow are two different things.
His ideas is what we a call our Religion,Islam.
Criticising or more appropriately Insulting them like your participating a Festival is like Insulting us for following them and Being Muslims.And also they are balantly giving spreading the message that the 'Religion of Hatered' should end if you look at those Cartoons.

This is an attack to the Religion.To a large group of ppl and that too repeatedly . Its Offensive.And is A Crime.

And the Armed biker one is Here...Police were present becuz they knew how ' Peaceful' they wanted to be.

Edited by ..FallAndFly.. - 06 June 2015 at 1:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Qirat.

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Ever heard of Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insaan? He's a spiritual figure revered by millions. At the same time, he's got two rape charges levelled against him.

Till 1826, billions of Hindus practised widow-burning as an integral part of their religious beliefs.

Going by your contention that a belief/person should not be criticised because its held precious by millions, Ram Rahim should not be jailed in case the charges are proved true, and neither should Sati have been outlawed in the past.
krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..FallAndFly..

I've no idea about the bike incident you refer to. And no, the Prophet was a real person, but he represented/represents an idea. By your reasoning, one should not criticise or bad-mouth politicians as well, since that would apparently amount to "bullying".

Secondly, a religion has several aspects or facets. There is a social, a politicial and a philosophical side to a particular faith. Criticism of one particular aspect does not signify a dismissal of the faith as a whole. And btw, religious instructions don't govern one's lifestyle as a whole, so there's no question of it being mocked.
Badmouthing a Politician and a Person related to A religion which Billions of people follow are two different things.
His ideas is what we a call our Religion,Islam.
Criticising or more appropriately Insulting them like your participating a Festival is like Insulting us for following them and Being Muslims.And also they are balantly giving spreading the message that the 'Religion of Hatered' should end if you look at those Cartoons

This is an attack to the Religion.To a large group of ppl and that too repeatedly . Its Offensive.And is A Crime.

And the Armed biker one is Here...Police were present becuz they knew how ' Peaceful' they wanted to be.

Bold: No. Mocking sonething does not amount to calling for its demise. What led to this conclusion, I wonder.

tasha001 Goldie
tasha001
tasha001

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..FallAndFly..

FallandFly: You're confusing between "person" and "idea". Humiliating a person (the example you provided about a group of kids making fun of a lone kid) is considered bullying. But parodying or criticising an IDEA (which Islam or any other religion is) is not.
An idea?
What?Our Prophet was A Person and we look up to him,follow his paths and you Criticising him is criticising our ways of life, Calling our Faith and ideals Stupid,pathetic and full of B.S with so much force and Hatered that you have to bring armed bikers infront of mosque with these 'peaceful' Cartoons is Not Ragging
than i dont know what is.

I agree to it
Like the main point is that
When we have so much topic to which cartoons can made then why purposely they always choose 'sensitive topic ' that arouse this???
tasha001 Goldie
tasha001
tasha001

Posted: 06 June 2015 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

I've no idea about this bike incident you refer to. And nope, the Prophet was a real person, but he represented/represents an idea, like politicians/spiritual leaders/statesmen do.By your reasoning, one should not criticise or bad-mouth politicians as well, since that would apparently amount to "bullying". And leave alone people who espouse or propagate ideas, the public mocks and derides every kind of public figure there is, the majority of the brunt-bearers being actors Tongue

Secondly, a religion has several aspects or facets. There is a social, a politicial and a philosophical side to a particular faith. Criticism of one particular aspect does not signify a dismissal of the faith as a whole. And btw, religious instructions don't govern one's lifestyle in its entirety, so there's no question of it being mocked.

If u judge by this then firstly
You don't have any right to comment on some else religion if u don't know about it !!

Secondly talking about Ram rahim
Maybe they got some solid proof for the charge

So before commenting on anyone religion first check your knowledge about it!!!

Go to top