Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Deliberately provoking a section of population can be deemed unnecessary however  getting violent as a response is totally unacceptable. Besides,  is there any reason other than "because the scriptures say so"   to not draw cartoons? As long as they are not derogatory it should not be perceived as offensive to the followers. Surely they dont expect the whole world to practice aniconism!  Aniconism is a mild term, what we see is  more of an iconoclastic agenda!  
Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: indianprincess

I categorise muslims of various nations into the following based on my experience:

irani/ turkish muslims : liberal
indian/Bangladeshi/ african muslims: moderate
arabs(especially saudi) /pakistan : orthodox/fanatic.

all the wahabism or the fanaticism or the terrorist activities among muslims is funded by the saudis and carried on by the pakistanis mainly.

i don't know how many of you watch pak media debate on kashmir, instead of talking about how india controls kashmir, they end up stating how HINDU INDIA, hindu brahmins are torturing MUSLIM kashmiris, they try to give it a religious angle and paint entire india a country oppressing muslims and how muslims need to get rid of it by bleeding hindu india with thousand cuts.

Well Pakistan and Saudis/GCC do go back a long way. Remember BCCI bank.
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Angie_

Deliberately provoking a section of population can be deemed unnecessary however  getting violent as a response is totally unacceptable. Besides,  is there any reason other than "because the scriptures say so"   to not draw cartoons? As long as they are not derogatory it should not be perceived as offensive to the followers. Surely they dont expect the whole world to practice aniconism!  Aniconism is a mild term, what we see is  more of an iconoclastic agenda!  

The scripture never said that you can't draw cartoon. There are certain things you can't draw but not cartoon. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) forbid people to draw his picture because someone may ''worship'' the picture? All worship should be done directly to Allah (swt) & not to paintings, statues or other earthly or material things..

People are reacting to the cartoon because it is derogatory..  I have seen some really offensive ones compare to the drawings of other religions.. Also we Muslims love our Prophet more than we love our self or anyone else.. 

I don't say you can kill people for it as the Quran clearly forbids it..

So be patient over what they say (Quran 20:130)

And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. (Quran 4:140)

And when you see those who engage in [offensive] discourse concerning Our verses, then turn away from them until they enter into another conversion. (Quran 6:68)

Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Qirat.

Also we Muslims love our Prophet more than we love our self or anyone else..

I have heard this statement over and over again from Muslims and I find it quite disturbing. It sounds like a cultist mantra to me.

Normally we tend to love people we are near to. Our parents, friends, lovers, siblings etc. That can be explained rationally. Physical and emotional proximity makes us possessive and defensive about them. But even then I don't think any normal person would think of murdering anyone for cursing their parents or siblings or spouse.

Next comes admiration. We admire (even by a loose definition, love) people - celebrities, leaders, historical figures etc - for their qualities, ideals and actions and try to emulate them or draw inspiration. But someone claiming that he loves a certain historical figure more than his life and that of anyone else is certainly worrisome. You don't even know him except from whatever you have read or heard about him. So what exactly convinced you to love him so much that you are prepared to lay down your life for him?

If a fan or admirer of Gandhi or Lincoln or King Jr says he places his role model above his own life and that of his parents and is prepared to die for his honour, should that be considered a normal behaviour?

Edited by Rehanism - 8 years ago
Qirat. thumbnail
I said Muslims feel offended when you draw cartoon because we love our Prophet. I also mention we shouldn't kill people even though we are offended as the Quran clearly says if someone is offending you, be patient or move away for them & not kill them.. I don't see where I wrote it is okay "to kill people who mock him" ? 

And if there is someone out there who is actually killing others for it, then they are going against the Quran teaching, or they have some other reason like politics..

Just think, for the Paris shoot, if those people were "jihadist", then why did they stole food from gas station? First, when someone does "jihad' & wants to kill people for God/Prophet sake, they know that they are a big chance of them being killed as well, Which means, NO Muslim doing Jihad would "Steal" food and call themselves Jihadists in Allah's name.. No Muslim risks their life and future for Allah's sake & then goes out to steal because of his tummy's sake! Ridiculous.

Second, from the way these people moved & fought, it is very clear that the Kuashi brothers have been to Syria because military engagements in Iraq only began in June. It is pretty obvious that these guys have been in real terrorist combat, no one learned to fight & become professional killers in a training camp.. 

Syrian government warned European Nations against supporting terrorist in Syria, saying that the plan would backfire one day.
These attacks confirm the deficiency in their policies & their responsibility for the bloodshed in Syria..

Why we love the prophet, many reasons.. he was the best man to walk on this earth, if you read about him even from a Non-Muslim writers, one naturally grows to love him unless you read lies about him.. The dua he made for us with doing sujood for hours asking for forgiveness brings tears to my eyes..

Sahaba: Why are you crying, oh Messenger of Allah? 
Prophet SAW: I miss my brothers.. 
Sahaba: Are we not your brothers, oh Messenger of Allah? 
Prophet SAW: No, you are my Companions. My brothers are those who will come after me and they believe in me without seeing me.

I don't care if you think it is not normal.. some people can get killed just for insulting the countries flag... Some people kill others (kids) for "land''. Most people have more love for their cats & dogs than they have for human beings.. They spend more money on them rather than poor humans.. 
Edited by Qirat. - 8 years ago
_Angie_ thumbnail

The scripture never said that you can't draw cartoon. There are certain things you can't draw but not cartoon. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) forbid people to draw his picture because someone may ''worship'' the picture? All worship should be done directly to Allah (swt) & not to paintings, statues or other earthly or material things..

The strong reaction by some proclaimed followers ended up doing exactly what was forbidden ie worship the pictures/cartoons . They seem to have missed the teachings  of Peace and tolerance in their zeal for enforcing aniconism, thus defeating the intended  purpose behind it. 

People are reacting to the cartoon because it is derogatory..  I have seen some really offensive ones compare to the drawings of other religions.. 
That may be true in this case but there have been incidences of violent opposition to innocent pictoral depiction on earlier occasions. 

Also we Muslims love our Prophet more than we love our self or anyone else.. 

I don't say you can kill people for it as the Quran clearly forbids it..
Its strange that some people who claim to be devout Muslims are indulging  in acts forbidden by the Quran! Isnt there any religious authority who can control such aberrant behaviour that is bringing a bad name to the religion?

So be patient over what they say (Quran 20:130)

And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. (Quran 4:140)

And when you see those who engage in [offensive] discourse concerning Our verses, then turn away from them until they enter into another conversion. (Quran 6:68)

..FallAndFly.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rehanism

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I have heard this statement over and over again from Muslims and I find it quite disturbing. It sounds like a cultist mantra to me.

Normally we tend to love people we are near to. Our parents, friends, lovers, siblings etc. That can be explained rationally. Physical and emotional proximity makes us possessive and defensive about them. But even then I don't think any normal person would think of murdering anyone for cursing their parents or siblings or spouse.

Next comes admiration. We admire (even by a loose definition, love) people - celebrities, leaders, historical figures etc - for their qualities, ideals and actions and try to emulate them or draw inspiration. But someone claiming that he loves a certain historical figure more than his life and that of anyone else is certainly worrisome. You don't even know him except from whatever you have read or heard about him. So what exactly convinced you to love him so much that you are prepared to lay down your life for him?

If a fan or admirer of Gandhi or Lincoln or King Jr says he places his role model above his own life and that of his parents and is prepared to die for his honour, should that be considered a normal behaviour? </font>

You getting disturbed for our Belief and Love for our Prophets and Allah shall have zero effect on true Muslims...And let me clarify ONE thing...even i had trouble accepting the fact of killing anyone for Blasphemy...But then i carefully read the Quran and the punishment for blasphemy was NOTHING physical...If you read WikiIslam however,You will certainly hate Muslims Forever cause that Website is UNRELIABLE!

Al-Qayda, Taliban e.t.c Has Lost it completely...I will never ever defend them but i will always Defend my religion even if it kills me.

You know i understand your feelings cause i Myself had detached from my Religion because of everything what people Said...Now i am so ashamed that i can't even explain it to you.
I would Advice you to read Quran and Understand Who Prophet [PBUH] really was and Why some people love him more than their ownselves.
Qirat. thumbnail
@_Angie_
The strong reaction by some proclaimed followers ended up doing exactly what was forbidden ie worship the pictures/cartoons . 

I have never seen any 'Muslim' doing that because that is ''shirk'' & nobody knows how the Prophet exactly looks like & worshiping pictures/cartoons seriously? ðŸ˜†

Its strange that some people who claim to be devout Muslims are indulging  in acts forbidden by the Quran! Isnt there any religious authority who can control such aberrant behaviour that is bringing a bad name to the religion?

No one can do anything. How can you stop Israel and America from killing Muslims? Terrorists wouldn't give an F about the fatwas or marching while American soldiers and planes still bombing in Muslim lands..

Prophet said ;- There will come upon you a time when the other nations of the world will invite one another to eat you up as people sitting round a dining cloth invite others to partake of the food served on that cloth. In the same way a time will come when the stronger nations of the world will invite other nations to eat up the Muslims. (Abu Dawood)

When the Holy Prophet (saw) predicted the condition of the Muslims to the Noble Companions (RA) some Companions, asked:  O Messenger of Allah! (saw) Will the number of the Muslims become so small at that time that that non-Muslims will begin to eat up, and will invite others also to feast upon, the Muslims? The Holy Prophet (saw)  replied, saying: No, "at that time your number will be very large (i.e one billion, . about one-third of the total world population), but your example will be like countless straws floating on the surface of flood water." In other words, the Muslims will have no say in any matter; they will go on drifting in the direction in which the world powers want to take them.

Islam bad name will continue to happen until a practicing muslim will only be safe in seclusion. Many Countries have start to banned Islam bit by bit. One of the hadith mention that the only place a man will be safe is in the mountains meaning far away from people. Things will continue to get worse until the Mahdi comes and gives Arab/some other Muslims back what's their :) 

The Holy Prophet (saw)  has said in another Hadith:

A time will come when the best property of a man will be his goats with which he can go up to the mountain peaks, leaving the hustle and bustle of town life. For his sustenance he should depend on his goats. He will be much safer in the mountains than in the towns where visible and invisible trials are ready to pick him up.
_Angie_ thumbnail

@_Angie_

The strong reaction by some proclaimed followers ended up doing exactly what was forbidden ie worship the pictures/cartoons . 

I have never seen any 'Muslim' doing that because that is ''shirk'' & nobody knows how the Prophet exactly looks like & worshiping pictures/cartoons seriously? ðŸ˜†

When people are ready to kill over a cartoon it amounts to "worshiping" that cartoon or picture , something that fans or fanatics would do :)

No one can do anything. How can you stop Israel and America from killing Muslims? Terrorists wouldn't give an F about the fatwas or marching while American soldiers and planes still bombing in Muslim lands..

Prophet said ;- There will come upon you a time when the other nations of the world will invite one another to eat you up as people sitting round a dining cloth invite others to partake of the food served on that cloth. In the same way a time will come when the stronger nations of the world will invite other nations to eat up the Muslims. (Abu Dawood)

When the Holy Prophet (saw) predicted the condition of the Muslims to the Noble Companions (RA) some Companions, asked:  O Messenger of Allah! (saw) Will the number of the Muslims become so small at that time that that non-Muslims will begin to eat up, and will invite others also to feast upon, the Muslims? The Holy Prophet (saw)  replied, saying: No, "at that time your number will be very large (i.e one billion, . about one-third of the total world population), but your example will be like countless straws floating on the surface of flood water." In other words, the Muslims will have no say in any matter; they will go on drifting in the direction in which the world powers want to take them.

Islam bad name will continue to happen until a practicing muslim will only be safe in seclusion. Many Countries have start to banned Islam bit by bit. One of the hadith mention that the only place a man will be safe is in the mountains meaning far away from people. Things will continue to get worse until the Mahdi comes and gives Arab/some other Muslims back what's their :) 

A time will come when the best property of a man will be his goats with which he can go up to the mountain peaks, leaving the hustle and bustle of town life. For his sustenance he should depend on his goats. He will be much safer in the mountains than in the towns where visible and invisible trials are ready to pick him up.

You mean it was all pre-ordained? If so then nothing more left to be said or done. 

Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@_Angie_

SInce Muslims love the Prophet dearly, doesn't it bother you how the SA govt has destroyed so many historical sites related to the Prophet? Or do you buy their theory of Shirk in this regard?

Is it any surprise how their king is trying to cook up all fake family trees to show himself descended from the Prophet when in fact this distinction belonged to Hussein Bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca who was USED with false carrot on stick promises when the Balfour Declaration and Sykes Picot Agreement were clandestinely agreed on the side.
IS the SA king bloodline not descended from the Banu Qaynuqa?