Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

CC#12 RT fans and my gup shup ladies welcome! invitees only! (Page 112)

ghalibmirza IF-Sizzlerz
ghalibmirza
ghalibmirza

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Originally posted by jayaks02

Originally posted by munnirony

guys one req. plz dont drag MP or other brave warriors into this. i wont be able to tolerate their insult. akbar was great & my love for him is as much as u, but tht doesnt give anyone right to put others down. i cant stop anyone but im out of this club. have a great chat. 

I am with you here munni - Akbar is great. But the fact MP fought for his dignity and homeland against whom he considered as an invader is remarkable. This itself makes him great. In spite of losing everything he never surrendered to Akbar. And if you do not have a land to rule, what reforms you can bring ? Had he ruled we could have done Apple to Apple Comparison and said one is greater than the other - But his battle has been different.

@Mandy - aap bhi  Confused. Disappointed  Ouch. This has nothing to do with religion BTW. 

Shri

Surely  that is not Mandy meant for sure. MP was heroic in his own right. He resisted Akbar's  military  supremacy  and the temptation  to surrender  and thrive as did the Ameris. He fought  for the pride of his homeland with  valour and minimal supplements.  MP's premise and range is thus  limited. Akbar  is in a different  league altogether.

Areed. He didn't  have a land to bring reforms. But  we cannot argue on what could  have been na. The question  raised was why 'The Great' titles only to Akbar  and Ashoka.

As for Raja RajaChola  he too was examplary in every way. Not a single  stain in his  entire  life  and rule. Yet  not called Great. That was because  the scale of his achievements  was lesser than these two. He didn't  face the kind of opposition  they did. He didn't  have to run that extra mile. No diverse praja to revolt. No scheming family. He had everything  perfect. Doting sister and brother-in-law who stood rock solid and the most sincere and respectful  son. That puts Akbar's  and Ashoka's  achievements  a scale higher. 

Now this is not demeaning  Raja RajaChola. Mandy too was not putting  MP down. Her comment was only meant comparitively.Smile

Sandhya what a smart catch that is why i love the way you interpret and bring out relevant points rather than being offensive and defensive, and yes that is exactly what i meant that Akbar had extraordinary traits and he had a keen sense of thinking ahead of his times..would love to say lot more but later!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandhya.A

ghalibmirza IF-Sizzlerz
ghalibmirza
ghalibmirza

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Spellbound is too much of a word used for self praise..weird that she said that! I guess some people are in the zone of narcissism! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

amina1---Khushi---

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ghalibmirza

Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Originally posted by jayaks02

guys one req. plz dont drag MP or other brave warriors into this. i wont be able to tolerate their insult. akbar was great & my love for him is as much as u, but tht doesnt give anyone right to put others down. i cant stop anyone but im out of this club. have a great chat. 

I am with you here munni - Akbar is great. But the fact MP fought for his dignity and homeland against whom he considered as an invader is remarkable. This itself makes him great. In spite of losing everything he never surrendered to Akbar. And if you do not have a land to rule, what reforms you can bring ? Had he ruled we could have done Apple to Apple Comparison and said one is greater than the other - But his battle has been different.

@Mandy - aap bhi  Confused. Disappointed  Ouch. This has nothing to do with religion BTW. 

Shri

Surely  that is not Mandy meant for sure. MP was heroic in his own right. He resisted Akbar's  military  supremacy  and the temptation  to surrender  and thrive as did the Ameris. He fought  for the pride of his homeland with  valour and minimal supplements.  MP's premise and range is thus  limited. Akbar  is in a different  league altogether.

Areed. He didn't  have a land to bring reforms. But  we cannot argue on what could  have been na. The question  raised was why 'The Great' titles only to Akbar  and Ashoka.

As for Raja RajaChola  he too was examplary in every way. Not a single  stain in his  entire  life  and rule. Yet  not called Great. That was because  the scale of his achievements  was lesser than these two. He didn't  face the kind of opposition  they did. He didn't  have to run that extra mile. No diverse praja to revolt. No scheming family. He had everything  perfect. Doting sister and brother-in-law who stood rock solid and the most sincere and respectful  son. That puts Akbar's  and Ashoka's  achievements  a scale higher. 

Now this is not demeaning  Raja RajaChola. Mandy too was not putting  MP down. Her comment was only meant comparitively.Smile

Sandhya what a smart catch that is why i love the way you interpret and bring out relevant points rather than being offensive and defensive, and yes that is exactly what i meant that Akbar had extraordinary traits and he had a keen sense of thinking ahead of his times..would love to say lot more but later!

Sorry - What was said was defintely not in any which way appreciative of MP. Understanding part was not an issue at all unlike what it is being made out to be. Anyway, I am not much into continuing this - To each its own, anyone can say anything. It does not alter a bit about what I think -Firm belief of mine is MP is a great son of soil. and strangely, akbar is also one of them. 

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Watching How old are you - Malayalam flick - Nice one , a bit slow but.
I love Manju warrier - what a bundle of talent.
Sandhya.A IF-Rockerz
Sandhya.A
Sandhya.A

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:40pm | IP Logged

@sandy, srry dear but i dont think comparisons r really needed to prove akbar's greatness. the way the comparison was made was really demeaning. i know we cant argue over wht exactly didnt happened but at the same time comparisons cant be made if the situations r not similar. who knows wht would have happened if MP was the ruler of hidusthan??? if ur saying tht we cant talk over wht didnt happen, u cant bring comparisons as well. alexender was also great but tht doesnt put down the achievements of chandragupta maurya. same is here. why compare 2 people when their situations r totally different?? & regarding Gandhi ji well i dont want to get into it bcoz he is certainly not my fav. 

Agreed. Alexander  and CGM cannot  be compared, but at the  same  time  we cannot  question  why only Alexander  is called Great and not CGM.

Gadhiji  certaintly has his admirers and critics. He has his positives and many shortcomings and partialities too. But surely it is undeniable  that  he gave a proper direction to the freedom struggle without  which not all the rebellions and sacrifices of all the fighters would have  yielded the  results.

He had  the charisma to pull the common man and unite them in his efforts.  He understood  the  reason why England  wished  to  retain India as a colony. They found it  profitable. It provided a big market for the British  industries. By the Swadeshi movement  he shattered the market. By his non  cooperation  movement  he made India too expensive to handle. That  is why the British  left. NOT due to any act of bravery by anyone which they could  have  supressed  easily with their supreme  weaponry.

Whatever be his personal pluses and negatives, it is to his credit that he understood  the core of  the  problem, the method  to  solve  it, and mobilise the huge public to achieve his plan.

Sabdabhalangayou

munni_rajatfan IF-Stunnerz
munni_rajatfan
munni_rajatfan

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Srry to say but I think im matured enough to understand things. im never a biased Indian who get offended so easily nd im always vocal about akbar nd his degradation so this is enough to prove that I was not offended just for no reason. comment was quite offensive nd unfortunately this is not the 1st time. Then those people who put down akbar's greatness to prove MP's bravery r also right nd also ekta who put down jalal to prove begumsa's mahanta r also right. rules should be equal for all. As jaya said understanding part was never a issue. Anyways if degrading sumone to prove akbar's extra ordinary traits is not a big deal then degrading akbar isnt a big deal as well. but unfortunately its a big deal bcoz neither akbar nor MP can be put down to prove anyone's greatness. Srry its not to hurt anyone but I feel unnecessary comparisons could have been avoided it was not needed. I rest my case here.

jayaks02Sandhya.A

Sabdabhala IF-Dazzler
Sabdabhala
Sabdabhala

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:06pm | IP Logged

GIRLS SAW TANU MANU RETURNS - WHAT A FILM Smile

THOROUGH ENTERTAINMENT, A COMPLETE LAUGH RIOT

FLAWLESS PERFORMANCES, KILLER DIALOGUES, CRISP AND FAST MOVING SCREENPLAY

EVERYONE, ITS A MUST WATCH

AND IT DIES NOT MATTER IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN THE ORIGINAL

ghalibmirza

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Yes - agree with munni - Comparisons are totally unnecessary.
I am not contesting greatness of Akbar at all. I am a big fan of him - He is an exceptional human being and a monarch. 

But come on !! we need to give the due to MP - I cried at his statue in Rajastan ; My husband and son ran away from that place. When I read of his relationship with chetak and how chetak died for him, i could not stop.

MP is a true and brilliant son of soil - If we do not give him his DUE, who else will ? 

He gave up gold, silver and hid in jungles and fought guaerilla war against Akbar for 30+ years. When he passed away in 1597 or so, Akbar shed some tears as he found a valiant and an equal enemy ONLY in MP, not in any other Rajputana as they had all made peace and taken positions. 

Edited by jayaks02 - 22 May 2015 at 1:06pm

amina1

Go to top