Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jayaks02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: ghalibmirza

jaya and munni your response was more bitter and offensive than what i had to say, i have read zillion biased comments questioning Akbar's greatness, and only one person he is always compared with and that is MP as they both were at war esp MP since Akbar settled down a bit after chittor war..and this issue has become political in india and not to forget how the minorities are being irradicated in india in the name of religion and i do not even want to go there...and if we think of today's politicians can anyone be as secular as Akbar was? no! all they can do is question his greatness in comparison to MP who might have been a great warrior as i do not know much about him other than his wars against akbar but akbar also respected his guts!
 instead of accepting his greatness he is the one being demeaned to put someone else on the pedestal just on the name of religion and that sickens me to the stomach and how i wish i could write pages on akbar's greatness but we all have read books and we all know how great he was..so yes lets rest the case and in response to sandhya's beautiful post i will do some research before i write!

OK -- If you feel so, so be it. My conscience is clear - What I said was in reverence to MP's great qualities - there is no point in twisting our responses - Have been more than amply clear about Akbar's greatness on n number of occasions.

May be I am think munni is right - This your thread and you can opt to be dominant , as you please.

When someone else opens this CC Club, I will come. Thanks !!
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Salimsa must be around 20 and was born when Jalal and Jodha were around 26-28. That makes them around 45-50. 
Waltzing and joint hamam scenes must have come before  hassan and hussein. It looks totally weird now. Had it been then and now also, it would have been fine. But after a formal sort of relationship and 20 ft romance in youth, it does look so out of place. 
jayaks02 thumbnail

jaya and munni your response was more bitter and offensive than what i had to say, i have read zillion biased comments questioning Akbar's greatness, and only one person he is always compared with and that is MP as they both were at war esp MP since Akbar settled down a bit after chittor war..and this issue has become political in india and not to forget how the minorities are being irradicated in india in the name of religion and i do not even want to go there...and if we think of today's politicians can anyone be as secular as Akbar was? no! all they can do is question his greatness in comparison to MP who might have been a great warrior as i do not know much about him other than his wars against akbar but akbar also respected his guts!
 instead of accepting his greatness he is the one being demeaned to put someone else on the pedestal just on the name of religion and that sickens me to the stomach and how i wish i could write pages on akbar's greatness but we all have read books and we all know how great he was..so yes lets rest the case and in response to sandhya's beautiful post i will do some research before i write!

We chose to write or discuss or argue on the merit of the case; You have ALREADY CONCLUDED that our post was bitter and offensive. At least I cannot discuss with someone who has concluded and pronounced, like this.

Others - If anyone opens the CC thread, let me know - I can be silent reader at least.

jayaks02 thumbnail

instead of accepting his greatness he is the one being demeaned to put someone else on the pedestal just on the name of religion and that sickens me to the stomach
and how i wish i could write pages on akbar's greatness but we all have read books and we all know how great he was..so yes lets rest the case and in response to sandhya's beautiful post i will do some research before i write!

Did I or munni say anything to this(highlighted portion) ? Can you please share one post in which I have degraded Akbar(real one, I mean) ? mandy - come on - you are better thinker than what you just posted. Please have some objectiveness when we discuss - For others who are comparing AK and MP, why are you hitting on me and munni , so to say ? Munni always said no comparison whatsoever. And I also believe in that.

Anyway, am disappointed that you are choosing to be this implusive in blaming us for an argument. Even though we do not meet or unlikely to meet, I liked this forum for some sane intellectual art sense it is bringing into at least my drab life ( office - home etc) - My request is please do not spoil it.
jayaks02 thumbnail
[QUOTE=shivis18]kings may be great and admired but all of us have a special place in our hearts and deep admiration for ppl who fought for their and our freedom.. People who gave up their whole lives to their motherland and fought for its freedom till the last breath.. That is y warriors like MP are greatly admired becoz he chose struggle over surrender.. same goes for our freedom fighters during british rule... whenever i listened to their stories , i got goosebumps and felt proud. And even more inspiring was their courage and determination like bhagat singh and the other cell mates kept a fast of 116 days ๐Ÿ˜ฒ such level of determination to save the motherland is worthy of a thousands and lakhs praises...[/QUOTE]

๐Ÿ‘โญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘
mishtidoi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think history has already, and  always accorded both MP and Akbar their due respect and honour...if, it is Akbar-The Great...it has always been Maha Rana Pratap, which I think translates into The Great Rana Pratap...or do I have to re-brush my linguistic skills?๐Ÿค”
Sabdabhala thumbnail

JAYA MANDY MUNNI

SANDHYA MADE AN EXCELLENT POST IN WHICH SHE MENTIONED THE NAMES OF SEVERAL LEADERS, WHO ARE ALL GREAT IN THEIR OWN WAYS.

I GUESS THE POINT THAT SHE WAS TRYING TO MAKE WAS MERELY THAT CERTAIN WORLD LEADERS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS HAVE BEEN UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED AS GREATS IN THOSE FIELDS - LIKE EINSTIEN, ALEXANDER, AKBAR, GANDHIJI, MANDELA, ASOKA, DON BRADMAN, SACHIN TENDULKAR, ETC. 

MY TUPPENCE ON THE ISSUE IS AS FOLLOWS - 

1. THERE ARE SOME LEADERS WHO LEFT AN IMPRINT ON THE WORLD AT LARGE, AND HENCE THEY ARE UNIVERSALLY ADDRESSED AS GREAT - AKBAR, ASOKA, GANDHIJI, MARTIN LUTHER KING, MANDELA, ETC

THE LATTER PART OF SANDHYA'S POST GIVES A LIST OF GREAT THINGS DONE BY AKBAR AND ASOKA.

2. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL OTHER LEADERS ARE NOT GREAT. IN THE CASE OF SOME LEADERS THEIR REALM OF GREATNESS IS SOMETIMES RESTRICTED TO THEIR REGION/ COUNTRY - RANI LAKSMI BAI, RANI OF KITTUR, RAJA RAJA CHOLA, KRISHNA DEVA RAYA, THIS LIST IS ENDLESS 

I MEAN, HOW MANY HEROES OF INDEPENDENCE OF OTHER COUNTRIES DO WE PROCLAIM AS GREAT - AT BEST, A HANDFUL

MAHARANA PRATAP, FOR EXAMPLE, WAS AN EXEMPLARY FREEDON FIGHTER WHO FOUGHT FOR LIBERATING HIS MOTHERLAND FROM INVADERS, TILL HIS LAST BREATH. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO HIS GREATNESS, AS WE HAVE READ ABOUT HIM AND HEARD ABOUT HIM THROUGH FOLKLORE AND OTHER SOURCES.

WE INDIANS KNOW ABOUT HIM, PRAISE HIM, WORSHIP HIM, NAME OUR CHILDREN AFTER HIM, AND THE WORKS. HIS CONTRIBUTION TO HIS MOTHERLAND IS UNPARALLELLED.JUST THAT UNIVERSALLY, IN THE WORLD OVER, HIS PRAISES ARE SUNG BY A RELATIVE MINORITY, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHY HE IS NOT CALLED PRATAP THE GREAT OR THE LIKE - UNIVERSALLY

HAVING READ THROUGH YOUR COMMENTS I HAVE, BUT ONE THING TO SAY - 

AS A THIRD PERSON READING THROUGH THE POSTS I DID NOT GET A FEELING THAT ANY OF YOU WERE RAISING ONE PERSON TO GREATNESS AT THE COST OF THE OTHER.

BOTH MP AND PRATAP ARE GREAT FOR US. 

PERSONALLY EACH OF US MIGHT HAVE A PREFERENCE OF WHO IS GREATER AMONG THE TWO, AND WE CERTAINLY HAVE A RIGHT TO IT

OUR CC IS GREAT COZ WE DISCUSS ABOUT SEVERAL RELATED THINGS, VOICE OUR OPINIONS ON LOTS OF STUFF AND GET TO KNOW AND APPRECIATE OTHERS' OPINIONS. I AM SURE ALL OF US ENJOY THIS FREEDOM, CAMARADERIE AND FUN

LETS NOT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY

PERSONALLY FOR ME YOU ALL ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS CC - THE THREE MAIN PILLARS SO TO SAY, SO PLS DO NOT WALK AWAY
mishtidoi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sorry Lavi but I could not help not noticing our great CC and thus, our CC-the great๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Just light banter girls...nothing offensive๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
to one and all, i have been noticing that anything i write is being taken in extreme negative to the extent that i refrain from writing, this is going to be my last cc of this series, whoever wants to carry on can do so..i do not know ifi  will remain a part of this group and there is nothing i have said to dominate this cc, in fact my comments have been trashed every now and then..any way extremely sorry for hurting anyone and have fun guys!
jayaks02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sabdabhala

JAYA MANDY MUNNI

SANDHYA MADE AN EXCELLENT POST IN WHICH SHE MENTIONED THE NAMES OF SEVERAL LEADERS, WHO ARE ALL GREAT IN THEIR OWN WAYS.

I GUESS THE POINT THAT SHE WAS TRYING TO MAKE WAS MERELY THAT CERTAIN WORLD LEADERS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS HAVE BEEN UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED AS GREATS IN THOSE FIELDS - LIKE EINSTIEN, ALEXANDER, AKBAR, GANDHIJI, MANDELA, ASOKA, DON BRADMAN, SACHIN TENDULKAR, ETC. 

MY TUPPENCE ON THE ISSUE IS AS FOLLOWS - 

1. THERE ARE SOME LEADERS WHO LEFT AN IMPRINT ON THE WORLD AT LARGE, AND HENCE THEY ARE UNIVERSALLY ADDRESSED AS GREAT - AKBAR, ASOKA, GANDHIJI, MARTIN LUTHER KING, MANDELA, ETC

THE LATTER PART OF SANDHYA'S POST GIVES A LIST OF GREAT THINGS DONE BY AKBAR AND ASOKA.

2. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL OTHER LEADERS ARE NOT GREAT. IN THE CASE OF SOME LEADERS THEIR REALM OF GREATNESS IS SOMETIMES RESTRICTED TO THEIR REGION/ COUNTRY - RANI LAKSMI BAI, RANI OF KITTUR, RAJA RAJA CHOLA, KRISHNA DEVA RAYA, THIS LIST IS ENDLESS 

I MEAN, HOW MANY HEROES OF INDEPENDENCE OF OTHER COUNTRIES DO WE PROCLAIM AS GREAT - AT BEST, A HANDFUL

MAHARANA PRATAP, FOR EXAMPLE, WAS AN EXEMPLARY FREEDON FIGHTER WHO FOUGHT FOR LIBERATING HIS MOTHERLAND FROM INVADERS, TILL HIS LAST BREATH. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO HIS GREATNESS, AS WE HAVE READ ABOUT HIM AND HEARD ABOUT HIM THROUGH FOLKLORE AND OTHER SOURCES.

WE INDIANS KNOW ABOUT HIM, PRAISE HIM, WORSHIP HIM, NAME OUR CHILDREN AFTER HIM, AND THE WORKS. HIS CONTRIBUTION TO HIS MOTHERLAND IS UNPARALLELLED.JUST THAT UNIVERSALLY, IN THE WORLD OVER, HIS PRAISES ARE SUNG BY A RELATIVE MINORITY, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHY HE IS NOT CALLED PRATAP THE GREAT OR THE LIKE - UNIVERSALLY

HAVING READ THROUGH YOUR COMMENTS I HAVE, BUT ONE THING TO SAY - 

AS A THIRD PERSON READING THROUGH THE POSTS I DID NOT GET A FEELING THAT ANY OF YOU WERE RAISING ONE PERSON TO GREATNESS AT THE COST OF THE OTHER.

BOTH MP AND PRATAP ARE GREAT FOR US. 

PERSONALLY EACH OF US MIGHT HAVE A PREFERENCE OF WHO IS GREATER AMONG THE TWO, AND WE CERTAINLY HAVE A RIGHT TO IT

OUR CC IS GREAT COZ WE DISCUSS ABOUT SEVERAL RELATED THINGS, VOICE OUR OPINIONS ON LOTS OF STUFF AND GET TO KNOW AND APPRECIATE OTHERS' OPINIONS. I AM SURE ALL OF US ENJOY THIS FREEDOM, CAMARADERIE AND FUN

LETS NOT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY

PERSONALLY FOR ME YOU ALL ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS CC - THE THREE MAIN PILLARS SO TO SAY, SO PLS DO NOT WALK AWAY

d

Exactly !! This is my point too - Both are great. Degree/percentage  is not important.