Discussion:Problems I have with show

herakhan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
A big hello to everyone...I've been a silent viewer of the show but looking at the current trp ratings of the show, I simply had to comment.

Primarily, I think people have lost interest in the show is because it's gone completely out of theme. Many fans, including me, watched this show because this was about a brother-sister relationship. That was the USP of the show but now there are hardly any Ranvi-Veera scenes.

Secondly, Ranvi has gone a bit out of character in the past few month. I know he has become this superstar but why is he the last person to know everything about Veera. Wasn't he the same 'anokhi maa'? Due to this, I think even the recent scenes shot between them have become really different. I feel like Veera's talking to her anokhe- papaji or something...where are all those light hearted scenes?

Thirdly, Veera was this show that always showed how to solve societal issues and the creatives always maintained that at all levels...but now it just seems to be any other ordinary show with the same old love issues. Not that I don't enjoy them but I'd like to see more strong characters like they've had in the past like nihaal, rajveer, etc.

I love Veera...I've watched it from the first episode and as an ardent fan, it hurts to see an amalgam of a unique story with brilliant actors and a different concept go down the drain like that. I hope the creatives brace their horses and race up on the trp charts.

I'd request the fans to humbly mention what problems they have with the show right now so the creatives can do something accordingly.

P.S: No bashing intended nor expected.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sam_sf thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
one problem i have is dat they are showing too much negativity since last month..
On one side baldev is trusting fraud ppl & on the other side manjeet keeps plotting against veeba...
I like to watch funfilled episodes like d one we had yesterday...
And also veera is shown as ablanaari jis par pati or saas k zulm ho rahe ho
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Agreed! This show used to be amazing. I loved it once upon a time. When the kids were there mostly. Then even after leap I gave it a chance and soon it started to grow on me. But now instead of the Ranveera relationship "charming" you, it actually annoys and irritates you!

Because it feels like this "co-dependent" relationship that ends up negatively effecting the other relationships of these two people! So clearly it does not feel the same! The marriages are now in focus, and that is OK. But most of the time, it is all the negative aspects that get highlighted! I understand VEEBA are both egocentric. They are actually not different at all! They are the same! THAT is the root of their issues! They have two people with big ego's fighting to dominate each other!

The issue with Veera is that she has never understood the impact of her choices on the man she claims to love! Baldev thinks throwing his weight will get his wife to cower down to him! There is only so much of it that can keep the audience interested! But I feel this new story with the widow and the kid, and now Gunjan being declared as "cannot have children" will have a dramatic effect on the story! This Geet may be the next Amrita! Lets wait and see! But it doesnt look like she is going to marry Baldev! It looks like whatever connection she will have, will be to Ranvi!

But good post! 
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The show has been down hill since the Sarpanch track no :1 , only Poland portions being the saving grace ...  .

It would have been better if they had made the characters more humane , especially  Veera - and not people with God syndrome

herakhan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for your comments everyone! I just hope our issues with the show get noted down and the creatives do something with the current track...lets just cross our fingers in the meanwhile..
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
the problem i have is not only with Veera, but all star plus serials...where the female lead is always right...and anything wrong they do, is swept under the carpet...
if you ask specifically about Veera...then there was a time when i used to adore VeeBa...but off late, i am finding them both wrong for each other...

Veera is too much into her Veerji worship, even when he is wrong, she never accepts it, verbally...not even infront of her love...

for her, the highest priority is life is always RAnvi, second is Ratan n later Chaiji n Balwant...and if time permits, then she thinks bt her husband...which is wrong...

Ranvi-Veera bond was good...but now they have over glorified it, at the cost of other relations...esp post VeeBa marriage...

in my opinion this is a very wrong signal they are sending out to society, that no matter what happens,  woman should stick to her parents family only...and husband comes last on the list, as he is the love -sick puppy, he isnt gonna go anywhere
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Even I have been a silent viewer in this forum though I was a regular watcher of the show Veera till that marriage track of Veeba.
I had not only loved the Ranvi-Veera relationship but has also loved Ratan's character which was humane. A woman jilted by her husband, unable to forgive, unable to completely accept the child born out of that relation. Irrespective of the reservations the woman who goes out for the child because of her conscience, also the fact that Ratan was a strong woman who single handedly bought up both the kids in tiring circumstances.
The story was also good when the Poland track started. Veera trying to fulfill her father's dream. I had thought an empowered track will start with Veera bringing the Agricultural university to the village and she will also end up transforming Baldev into a responsible young man who then takes care of farming in a serious way.

But I forgot I was watching starplus serial where as someone rightly said kitchen politics and khichdi rules the roost. No transformation can be shown. And as somebody said a husband in the serial is last to reckon with. To romance or to become an arm candy. While the leading lady's priority will either be her family for his family like saas, naand etc..

In Veera no such khichdi was required. They could have easily shown a good love story along with strong positive message. I guess Veera was doing really well in the TRP chart during Poland track and all. I had enjoyed the romance as well as the story at that time.

There could have many things CVs could have done to maintain the interest than this khichdi
- Progress in Ranvir's life thorugh his talent with support both from Gunjan and Veera
- A second chance for Ratan with Nihaal
- A nice love story without marriage at the point with Veera and Baldev where they face numerous challenges for the college. They work together, the college as well as their love story blossoms and along with the college a mature understanding comes between them.
- Baldev taking up interest in agriculture, working with nihaal to remove middlemen
- Gunjan working alongside Ratan to bring improvements in the village as the sarpanch through self help groups etc..

In a way the illegimate daughter of Sampooran Singh finally becoming his identity and transforming that village in the right way showing how the power of love transforms- Because Veera reached where she is only because when everyone abandoned her, her brother loved and adopted her like anything.

I would have continued watching it, if the message was positive that was coming out from Veera which it always had till the Veeba marriage track.