Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Aditya Roy Kapur and Sidharth Malhotra in Mohit Suri's next (Page 9)

BeingChevi IF-Sizzlerz
BeingChevi
BeingChevi

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Yes, even I did so. The plot is really good and would have established Varun further as an actor.

Atm without this his filmography is shockingly poor. ABCD2, Dilwale, His fathers and brothers next... All sound/look lame, the same old Masala crap. Not enough to get me to the theatres even as a fan. Whereas I watched Badlapur first day. Would be really dissapointed if this turns out to be true.

His brother's film is definitely happening but David's film will only happen at a later stage according to Varun. Some journo asked him if he was going to work with his dad again since his dad said he only will make films with his son - Varun said he will but his dad needs to find something to work on. So for now, his confirmed projects are: ABCD2, Dilwale, Dishoom, Shashank's next with Dharma and TFIOS (he needs to allocate dates). Agree that he needs to do another film like Badlapur - hope something comes his way. Smile

swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by swati82

Originally posted by BeingChevi

Another 2-hero film for Sid? Though I agree that if it's a good script, one should take it up. I've heard The Intouchables is a good story. Seeing as how Ek Villain was all talk no substance... even HAK is giving me similar vibes... I hope they treat the story properly. I look forward to the music. Even I thought Varun was to do this film - on KWK, he took the names of 3 directors he "wanted" to work with (Mohit, Rohit D, Rohit Shetty) and he went on to announce films with the latter afterward so lots of people thought he'd have a project with Mohit too. 
Originally posted by chocolover89

Nobody's watching ABCD 2 for great story and acting. LOL If that was the case, the first one would have bombed. ...they're watching to see good dancing ...and being known as a dancing star always helps...

I am elated to see this thought process. I, for one, am not expecting anything national award-esque performances/direction/story. LOL Just see some great dancing in 3D which is such a fun format.

I think he will. At a awards show earlier in the year Mohit was asked if he was going to work with Varun and Sid and he said yes he's going to be working with them soon. He also said intouchables remake is a young, romantic comedy so if that's how he's approaching it i'm glad varun's not doing it, he doesn't need another rom-com. I have a feeling it's going to be Half-Gf for Varun

Intouchables is a way better sctipt than HG. The story touches on so many subjects and is far, farfrom a comedy.

HG though would be similar to what Varun has already some many times. SOTY, HSKD and to an extent MTH. A love story with comic elements, MTH was crap comedy-masala more but you get the point. Not to mention his movies with his dad and brother.

Intouchables if done right can be a classic and something that hasnt been seen in BW. No-brainer as to which one should choose.

The only CB project that sounds exciting is Revolution 2020. If he goes for that than its okay I guess.

I don't know about the script just going on what Mohit said that's its a lighthearted romantic comedy, maybe he's giving the story a twist also I don't really trust Mohit to make a great adaptation, Ek Villain was a very poor film in my opinion. I'm guessing varun didn't want another two-hero film but who knows what happened. No official word on HG i'm just assuming that if he has a film with Mohit that would be it, it's only film with Mohit that Varun's name has come up for. Although i read somewhere Mohit is producing/directing a film about a father/son relationship i'd much prefer varun to be a part of that. 

Agree that Varun needs another Badlapur-esque film but those scripts are far and few in between. It's only post Badlapur that makers will even think to approach varun with such a film. Also it's still early in his career the acclaimed directors are still first going to Ranbir, Ranveer and even Shahid, so i'm sure he'll eventually get another strong script...hopefully

Edited by swati82 - 05 May 2015 at 5:13am
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:39am | IP Logged

Another 2-hero film for Sid? Though I agree that if it's a good script, one should take it up. I've heard The Intouchables is a good story. Seeing as how Ek Villain was all talk no substance... even HAK is giving me similar vibes... I hope they treat the story properly. I look forward to the music. Even I thought Varun was to do this film - on KWK, he took the names of 3 directors he "wanted" to work with (Mohit, Rohit D, Rohit Shetty) and he went on to announce films with the latter afterward so lots of people thought he'd have a project with Mohit too. 

Nobody's watching ABCD 2 for great story and acting. LOL If that was the case, the first one would have bombed. ...they're watching to see good dancing ...and being known as a dancing star always helps...

I am elated to see this thought process. I, for one, am not expecting anything national award-esque performances/direction/story. LOL Just see some great dancing in 3D which is such a fun format.

I think he will. At a awards show earlier in the year Mohit was asked if he was going to work with Varun and Sid and he said yes he's going to be working with them soon. He also said intouchables remake is a young, romantic comedy so if that's how he's approaching it i'm glad varun's not doing it, he doesn't need another rom-com. I have a feeling it's going to be Half-Gf for Varun

Intouchables is a way better sctipt than HG. The story touches on so many subjects and is far, farfrom a comedy.

HG though would be similar to what Varun has already some many times. SOTY, HSKD and to an extent MTH. A love story with comic elements, MTH was crap comedy-masala more but you get the point. Not to mention his movies with his dad and brother.

Intouchables if done right can be a classic and something that hasnt been seen in BW. No-brainer as to which one should choose.

The only CB project that sounds exciting is Revolution 2020. If he goes for that than its okay I guess.

I don't know about the script just going on what Mohit said that's its a lighthearted romantic comedy, maybe he's giving the story a twist also I don't really trust Mohit to make a great adaptation, Ek Villain was a very poor film in my opinion. I'm guessing varun didn't want another two-hero film but who knows what happened. No official word on HG i'm just assuming that if he has a film with Mohit that would be it, it's only film with Mohit that Varun's name has come up for. Although i read somewhere Mohit is producing/directing a film about a father/son relationship i'd much prefer varun to be a part of that. 

Agree that Varun needs another Badlapur-esque film but those scripts are far and few in between. It's only post Badlapur that makers will even think to approach varun with such a film. Also it's still early in his career the acclaimed directors are still first going to Ranbir, Ranveer and even Shahid, so i'm sure he'll eventually get another strong script...hopefully

But what is the problem with a two hero movie?? Its like any other movie you do.

The plus point with intouchables is that he will get to showcase his acting talent and there is no love angle to this. So there will be no female lead. There is just a scene at the end where one of the characters meets with his love interest due to the efforts of other.

Its a story of two people who meat and become the best of the friends. An ode to friendship through and through. Sheds light on a lot of other subjects as well.

While HG is the same old romantic comedy from what I know that you get everyday in BW.

Like I said before a no brainier.
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:43am | IP Logged

Yes, even I did so. The plot is really good and would have established Varun further as an actor.

Atm without this his filmography is shockingly poor. ABCD2, Dilwale, His fathers and brothers next... All sound/look lame, the same old Masala crap. Not enough to get me to the theatres even as a fan. Whereas I watched Badlapur first day. Would be really dissapointed if this turns out to be true.

His brother's film is definitely happening but David's film will only happen at a later stage according to Varun. Some journo asked him if he was going to work with his dad again since his dad said he only will make films with his son - Varun said he will but his dad needs to find something to work on. So for now, his confirmed projects are: ABCD2, Dilwale, Dishoom, Shashank's next with Dharma and TFIOS (he needs to allocate dates). Agree that he needs to do another film like Badlapur - hope something comes his way. Smile

Isn't TFIOS shelved??

And whats the story of Shashank's next?? Any ideas??

At this rate he is going to fall behind others. Needs better projects than crappy masala films. Its a shame because he has a lot of potential as he showed in Badlapur.

swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:56am | IP Logged

But what is the problem with a two hero movie?? Its like any other movie you do.

The plus point with intouchables is that he will get to showcase his acting talent and there is no love angle to this. So there will be no female lead. There is just a scene at the end where one of the characters meets with his love interest due to the efforts of other.

Its a story of two people who meat and become the best of the friends. An ode to friendship through and through. Sheds light on a lot of other subjects as well.

While HG is the same old romantic comedy from what I know that you get everyday in BW.

Like I said before a no brainier.

Well he already has a few too many two-hero films so maybe he didn't want another one. I havn't seen intouchables but Mohit was the one who said his version is a young, romantic comedy so i'm guessing he's made changes to the original story. I think TFIOS is on hold for the moment but if it happens i'm fairly sure Varun will be in it, i don't think he's lost the project and i think Shashanks's will be a love story but he said it'll be different from HSKD.  Varun's lineup ain't perfect but i wouldn't worry about him falling behind even before Badlapur he won a decent amount of praise for his acting in MTH and HSKD so it's not like Badlapur was a 'flash in the pan' moment and he'll be able to ride the wave of it's success for awhile. That meaty script will come along eventually 
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:25am | IP Logged
@Swati82 There is nothing romantic about Intouchables. And if what so say is true then there is no need to call this a remake or an adaption. The essence of the story will be lost and it will be just another movie.
Varun doing his brother's and dad's will set him back a long way. It will be just mindless and I refuse to even call it comedy. MTH was crap. While others will be doing better projects.
If he is not doing this(I hope he does); then TFIOS and the said love story are the only hopes. Even then both are essentially love stories. It will get repititive and boring. He needs to break it off. 
And TFIOS is getting delayed. I know he is locked for the project thoygh if it gets started that is.

I really want him to do well and consider him to be a league ahead of other two. He is slightly ahead of Ranveer as well imo. All this useless Stuff will change that.

He needs variety and good scripts. Look at Alia, Shaandar; UP, Ayan's next with Ranbir. All three are different.

Sid has Brothers, Time travel one, Dharma one and now this. ARK with Fitoor and Intouchables. I heard he has signed an action thriller as well.

For Varun; its ABCD, Dilwale; Dad's next, Brother's next. The last three are ditto copies of one another. Its a shame really becuase three month ago his lineup was looking the best with;
Badlapur, ABCD, TFIOS, Intouchables.
swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:16am | IP Logged

@Swati82 There is nothing romantic about Intouchables. And if what so say is true then there is no need to call this a remake or an adaption. The essence of the story will be lost and it will be just another movie.
Varun doing his brother's and dad's will set him back a long way. It will be just mindless and I refuse to even call it comedy. MTH was crap. While others will be doing better projects.
If he is not doing this(I hope he does); then TFIOS and the said love story are the only hopes. Even then both are essentially love stories. It will get repititive and boring. He needs to break it off. 
And TFIOS is getting delayed. I know he is locked for the project thoygh if it gets started that is.

I really want him to do well and consider him to be a league ahead of other two. He is slightly ahead of Ranveer as well imo. All this useless Stuff will change that.

He needs variety and good scripts. Look at Alia, Shaandar; UP, Ayan's next with Ranbir. All three are different.

Sid has Brothers, Time travel one, Dharma one and now this. ARK with Fitoor and Intouchables. I heard he has signed an action thriller as well.

For Varun; its ABCD, Dilwale; Dad's next, Brother's next. The last three are ditto copies of one another. Its a shame really becuase three month ago his lineup was looking the best with;
Badlapur, ABCD, TFIOS, Intouchables.

I don't disagree with you that his lineup could be better but i still think it's early to write him off or say he's going to fall behind. He was so incredibly good in Badlapur...that credibility isn't going to disappear so easily. Technically even for alia doing 2 states, HSKD and Shandaar all back to back is kind of in the same zone,(Dharma rom-com) it took her a year after Highway to get Udta Punjab, so it'll happen for Varun we just need to be patient. I think we all have a tendency to criticise RS cinema but he is the best director for masala and his films do have an audience, if it was say a prabhudeva directing dilwale then i'd be worried. Yes even i'm worried for his brother's film but it's meant to be an action film so could turn out good. You can't really predict what happens, some things appear one way on paper and then turn out differently no one thought MTH was a good idea but it worked so let's just see and hope for the best
-October- IF-Rockerz
-October-
-October-

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:37am | IP Logged

What about Half Girlfriend?
Well as per initial reports Mohit was suppose to start off with Intouchables remake 1st post HAK's release after that he will commence Half Girlfriend Remake (with some major script changes on Ekta's command thanx to the mixed reviews novel received LOL ) This is the latest update,not confirmed though...

Varun Dhawan is Ekta's 'Hero' once again
9xe.com has it that the lead male character ,Madhav, in Chetan Bhagat's Half Girlfriend will be played by Varun Dhawan who is quite on a roll in his career at the moment...
...Last year Varun starred in Ekta's Main Tera Hero, which set the cash registers ringing rather loudly...Read more..
http://www.9xe.com/article/varun-dhawan-is-ekta-kapoor%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98hero%E2%80%99-once-again-2362

OT- Pretty sure that Mohit suri along with Kjo are the last people to maintain the essence of Driss & Phillip's unadultrated relationship cum friendship of a male nurse & paraplegic patient in original Intouchables...so let's see what will turn this into

Go to top