Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Aditya Roy Kapur and Sidharth Malhotra in Mohit Suri's next (Page 6)

swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Originally posted by swati82

Sorry but i got to disagree here. I know ABCD2 isn't looking great but he's doing it for the love of the genre and not to create some cinematic masterpiece and besides from this forum it's actually gotten a decent response in the real world. Varun clearly stated this is a film for the kids and for dance lovers. At the very least it's an attempt to do something kind of different. Also i really don't think Dilwale will take away any of Varun's credibility as an actor. Even before Badlapur Varun wasn't a bad actor, he good very good responses for his acting in both MTH and HSKD. Also Varun is very good at comedy so most likely he'll do well in Dilwale, it's when actors ham in those films is when they get criticised.

Well, there is not looking great and then there is looking ridiculous. Everything from the dialogue to customs to Varun's facial expressions was bad. But this is my opinion and I understand you don't agree. I personally think that if he keeps making the ABCD2 or Dilwale or Dhawan type of movies 5 or 10 years from now he will be a very successful box office star, might even be a super star. But I don't think he'll be known as a good actor or artist. My opinion only.

Yeah i know but like Neela Paani said if films like Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer i doubt ABCD2 is going to damage Varun, but let's see i'm just being hopeful. I don't think Varun will keep doing those masala films, it's still early in his career, it'll be awhile before he gets another film like Badlapur, until he gets another such script he may as well do films that will work at the box office. And yes all this is personal opinion only everyone is entitled to their own view

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Neela-PaaniIAmLuvBolly

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

Well, there is not looking great and then there is looking ridiculous. Everything from the dialogue to customs to Varun's facial expressions was bad. But this is my opinion and I understand you don't agree. I personally think that if he keeps making the ABCD2 or Dilwale or Dhawan type of movies 5 or 10 years from now he will be a very successful box office star, might even be a super star. But I don't think he'll be known as a good actor or artist. My opinion only.

Tbh, i don really think much of Varun as an actor ( he is alright but goes OTT) & i don dig his looks either but if there is one thing i cant deny, it is the fact that he is incredibly smart..I do believe he knows exactly what he is doing..Not like he'l keep doing masala flicks..He just did a Badlapur & the industry praised him to the skies..Am pretty sure he'l get good reviews for Dilwale too cos comedy is his forte & while RS films suck in general IMO, a lot of actors have benefited out of it..Biggest example being Deepika..Even Kareena got great reviews for Golmaal 2..So yeah, i don think it'l harm his career prospects as much as it'l benefit him..Point is i do think VD is one of the most intelligent actors out there..Of course things can go wrong cos Bollywood as an industry is predictable but dude is very sharp..He knows exactly what he is doing LOL Just the fact that he is making sure he is not associated with any particular camp is a genius move on his part..And unlike outsiders, he can afford that cos he is a star kid..

Edited by rogerrocks - 04 May 2015 at 11:50pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sabulovekaranNeela-Paaniswati82IAmLuvBollyG..OATPiyatrix

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:52pm | IP Logged

Yeah i know but like Neela Paani said if films like Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer i doubt ABCD2 is going to damage Varun, but let's see i'm just being hopeful. I don't think Varun will keep doing those masala films, it's still early in his career, it'll be awhile before he gets another film like Badlapur, until he gets another such script he may as well do films that will work at the box office. And yes all this is personal opinion only everyone is entitled to their own view

OK, by the same token if Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer why would Brothers or K&S or possibly Intouchables hurt Sid? Yes I know you weren't part of the Sid discussion but I'm still using this opportunity to make a point LOL.

Yea we are all hopeful for our favorites. Besides, Bollywood is a big enough place and a busy enough place where there will be work for everyone.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swati82

swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:03am | IP Logged

OK, by the same token if Gunday and Kill Dill didn't hurt Ranveer why would Brothers or K&S or possibly Intouchables hurt Sid? Yes I know you weren't part of the Sid discussion but I'm still using this opportunity to make a point LOL.

Yea we are all hopeful for our favorites. Besides, Bollywood is a big enough place and a busy enough place where there will be work for everyone.

As long as Brothers and K&S work well at the box office and sid manages to give a solid performance it shouldn't really hurt him. Although i think what also saved Ranveer was that despite Kill Dill tanking he has a DDD and BM to back it up. It's mainly because sid's films are from the same ph is why he gets the criticism. If intouchables was produced by someone other than kjo don't think he would receive any backlash

IAmLuvBolly

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:07am | IP Logged
@ rogerrocks, I think the only person Rohit Shetty movie has really helped is Deepika. It catapulted her to a new level, though she had RL and YJHD as well so people could debate another point of view. I don't necessarily think it did anything for Kareena's career. Not the way JWM or Omkara did. So I kind of go back to what I said to Swati, Dilwale will probably give Varun his first BB and put him in the league of 100 cr. but I don't think it will give him much acting credibility. If comedy is what people are counting on from Varun in Dilwale then remember that Rohit Shetty is the one who directed and approved SRK's comedic scenes in Chennai Express, YIKES!!

But yes I do agree that he's very smart, and ambitious to the point of being annoying and turn off. But once again, my opinion only.

rogerrocks

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Interesting discussion here. 
I don't think Sid's upcoming films are bad. They get criticized mainly because of the obvious KJo connection is every single one. I do agree with NeelaPaani that Sid should try to work outside of Dharma more. It's boring to see same associations. There's a reason why a film of Salman-YRF/Dharma or Aamir YRF/Dharma makes much more interesting news than SRK-YRF/Dharma film...whereas say a film of SRK-VB will make much more interesting news. Anyways, working with only one PH has ALWAYS hurt actors. It has killed careers of bigger stars and far better actors than Sid, so he should be careful. 

Varun may not be working with good directors on paper, but he's been smart enough to understand this point. 

I don't think Dilwale will hurt Varun all that much. Anyways, if he does better than SRK, his career is set. Overshadow a top star = career made. Sid has the same chance in Brothers. It's not just about having a BB btw. You gotta do well in the film too. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesNeela-Paaniswati82

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:21am | IP Logged

@ rogerrocks, I think the only person Rohit Shetty movie has really helped is Deepika. It catapulted her to a new level, though she had RL and YJHD as well so people could debate another point of view. I don't necessarily think it did anything for Kareena's career. Not the way JWM or Omkara did. So I kind of go back to what I said to Swati, Dilwale will probably give Varun his first BB and put him in the league of 100 cr. but I don't think it will give him much acting credibility. If comedy is what people are counting on from Varun in Dilwale then remember that Rohit Shetty is the one who directed and approved SRK's comedic scenes in Chennai Express, YIKES!!

But yes I do agree that he's very smart, and ambitious to the point of being annoying and turn off. But once again, my opinion only.

Golmaal din do much to Bebo's career but it din dent her prospects either..Thats all am saying..While it might not benefit him, the chances of it denting his career are very marginal..And given how horribly SRK hammed in CE & how haggard he has been looking off late, i really wont be surprised if VD manages to overshadow him LOL  Like i said, he is very smart..He knows his stuff..I wont be surprised if ABCD2 manages to do well either..Cos MTH looked very tacky too when the promos were released & i was certain this guy is an idiot..Cos the others were doing films under good/ decent directors & they were Dharma Productions but here this guy was doing outdated David Dhawan crap..But boy, did he prove me wrong..The film managed to do decently well & he got good reviews too LOL Thats when i realized am underestimating his intelligence..He really is focused & ambitious ( maybe to an extreme level like you said) LOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

swati82IAmLuvBolly

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:26am | IP Logged
@ chocolover, interesting examples. I don't think that Sid shouldn't go out side of Dharma. I just don't think that he should turn down a good script and a good role solely because it's being produced by Dharma.

Besides, in the grand scheme of showbiz careers, he's only been around 4 year. As long as at least some of his next few movies do well he will be fine. And then he will have time and opportunities to work outside of Dharma.

Ek Villain wasn't Dharma, and Bhavesh Joshi got shelved over something that had nothing to do with him.

Go to top