Aditya Roy Kapur and Sidharth Malhotra in Mohit Suri's next - Page 3

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by harshu.sundas

the news had floated 4 months ago, but with Aid-Varun in the leads.. donno why Sid has to burge in every film i wanna watch ðŸ¤¢ðŸ˜­

Even I have the same question, why does Varun needs to burge into every single film? 😕 

Gosh! I m so tired of Sid and his stupid decisions.His movie selection has been consistently disappointing.Cant believe after facing so much criticism from fans for signing similar multistarrers with Dharma,he is again gonna associate himself with yet another😡.I am done tolerating mediocrity for his sake🤢.No wonder his BO credibility never gets acknowledged.If u wanna make it in industry then start learning how to analyse & make career decisions instead of clinging to Kjo like a slave!🥱
Edited by Neela-Paani - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Neela-Paani

Gosh! I m so tired of Sid and his stupid decisions.His movie selection has been consistently disappointing.Cant believe after facing so much criticism from fans for signing similar multistarrers with Dharma,he is again gonna associate himself with yet another😡.I am done tolerating mediocrity for his sake🤢.No wonder his BO credibility never gets acknowledged.If u wanna make it in industry then start learning how to analyse & make career decisions instead of clinging to Kjo like a slave!🥱

I doubt he's in this. Its not even confirmed. 😆

Originally posted by IshqBulaava

Even I have the same question, why does Varun needs to burge into every single film? 😕 

KJO ki meherbaani se, and even Alia .. .. KJO himself started acting, it scares me that after 2 days KJO will burge into every film i wanna watch ðŸ¥±
Like Varun would ever agree to play side roles to actors with half his popularity and B.O clout😆.He is intelligent enough to make right choices,not here to please Kjo by signing nonsensical crap Dharma spews every second day.Mohit Suri is a very average director.His last good work was Aawarapan.A2,EV etc worked at B.O(thanks to extreme help from music and stars) but content and direction wise,stds were below par.Why wud Varun sign up some multi starrer with Mohit when he has better director and script waiting for him?? he would probably do Half Girlfriend with Mohit as Ekta is obsessed with him and needs to cast him in HG so badly.

I just hope Intouchables remake rumours being floated again is part of MS PR strategy..for drawing attention to his HAK.Hope he will start on HG with Varun-Alia after HAK release.
Originally posted by IshqBulaava

I doubt he's in this. Its not even confirmed. 😆

Well he wont utter a word unless Kjo says..So no luck getting a confirmation or denial from horse's mouth..as it is such articles provide good publicity to MS & Dharma.
I wont be surprised knowing his past selection criteria😆.If he isnt ambitious enough to get out of his comfort zone & lobby for movies himself,then why is he even in BW? I suppose he might even sign RL remake if Brothers underperform.Then he wud start justifying the jr John Abraham tag given by detractors.King of multistarrers! My threshold of tolerance will be over soon.thats all I know.
Originally posted by Neela-Paani

You honestly want him to make career decisions based on fans' tweets?

Both Excel's movie and Intouchables sound like incredibly interesting projects. Brothers will probably be a BB. K&S might end up being a good dramedy. He cannot turn down good scripts and opportunity to work with good directors just so he won't be associated with Dharma.

And what good directors is Varun working with other than Sriram Raghavan? Remo? Rohit Shetty? David and Rohit Dhawan? I wouldn't call them good filmmakers at all. I think Mohit is miles ahead of these guys. ABCD2 looks ridiculous. And while Dilwale might be a BB it will take everything that Varun worked to accomplish with Badlapur (going by press coverage here) and wash it down the drain. Same with the movies he's doing with his father and brother.

I would rather see Sid in good story with another actor rather than see him by himself in something like Main Tera Hero or ABCD2.

I don't believe that Sid is some mindless passive puppet that gets controlled by KJo. Will all his movies work at the box office? No. He will have flops and he will have hits. He will have critical acclaim and he will be at the receiving end of genuine criticism. It's all part of learning and being in the industry. And the way he's planning things right now he'll be around for a while.

Originally posted by harshu.sundas

the news had floated 4 months ago, but with Aid-Varun in the leads.. donno why Sid has to burge in every film i wanna watch ðŸ¤¢ðŸ˜­

SidM is good looking ya! Aur kuch nahin toh eye candy hi sahi. I watch EV and crappy HTP for only him. 
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Both Excel's movie and Intouchables sound like incredibly interesting projects. Brothers will probably be a BB. K&S might end up being a good dramedy. He cannot turn down good scripts and opportunity to work with good directors just so he won't be associated with Dharma.

And what good directors is Varun working with other than Sriram Raghavan? Remo? Rohit Shetty? David and Rohit Dhawan? I wouldn't call them good filmmakers at all. I think Mohit is miles ahead of these guys. ABCD2 looks ridiculous. And while Dilwale might be a BB it will take everything that Varun worked to accomplish with Badlapur (going by press coverage here) and wash it down the drain. Same with the movies he's doing with his father and brother.

I would rather see Sid in good story with another actor rather than see him by himself in something like Main Tera Hero or ABCD2.

I don't believe that Sid is some mindless passive puppet that gets controlled by KJo. Will all his movies work at the box office? No. He will have flops and he will have hits. He will have critical acclaim and he will be at the receiving end of genuine criticism. It's all part of learning and being in the industry. And the way he's planning things right now he'll be around for a while.

Well said! I dont get why SidM fans get upset with his Dharma films. All sound good and have something unique in them. They are with decent directors too. 
I think people are getting too upset by what fans of other actors say. But the truth is every actor's fan would happily have his/her favorite trade places with SidM when it comes to choices he has. 
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Why not? These fans are the ones who buy tickets for his movies not Kjo & Alia😆.So I dont see why fans tweets should be treated with disdain.Their opinions should be an important parameter among many other and even superstars take their views into face value while analyzing career decisions

Ur opinion.Excel movie is the only project that sounds exciting so far.If Akki overshadows Sid,then the BB hit status of Brothers wont do anything for Sid's career.Yet again Akki will walk away with all credit both by critics and trade pundits.Everything depends on how well Sid portrays his role and whether he is able to hold his own against Akki.So nt counting eggs before they hatch.I dont think he has signed up Dharma movies with any good directors.VAM was the only one and thanks to BV shelving,that opportunity is lost.

Sid is yet to work with a director of Sriram's caliber.Remo isnt directing him in some intense drama or romcom.Its a movie based on dance and Remo being an ace choreographer will help VD in showcasing his dancing skills.Its an chance to be versatile.Masses will probably like it.Internet critics opinions dont count.Just like it didnt for EV.I dont think Gunday took away Ranveer's credibility as good actor..same in D3's case for Aamir.Masala movies wont ruin ur stardom as long as it entertains audience and u dont ham away.I dont consider Mohit miles ahead of any of these directors.Mohit's forte is copying Korean thrillers with hit music.Somehow he has found a mass connect.not like he has a ZNMD or Chakde India to his credit.DD and RS are top in their masala/comedy entertainers genre.they are sought out,cuz they churn out hits like Mohit.I dont think they ever claimed to endorse sensible cinema.Biwi No:1 provided a good comic relief while A2 was extremely boring and depressing.A2 was nowhere poetry in motion like a Lootera. Varun is doing 1 movie with his brother.probably comic scrapper.No news abt him working with his dad has been out.

Again ur choice.I want Sid to try all genres and balance the commercial and non commercial cinema like Varun or Ranveer is doing.Yes I am tired of him sticking to same PH & working in multi leads with mediocre directors.He should explore different genres and work with directors who visions have world of difference.

I don't believe that Sid is some mindless passive puppet that gets controlled by KJo.
You dont,but I do.Not just his professional life even his personal life decisions are being influenced by Kjo at this point.
Will all his movies work at the box office? No. He will have flops and he will have hits. He will have critical acclaim and he will be at the receiving end of genuine criticism. It's all part of learning and being in the industry. And the way he's planning things right now he'll be around for a while.
Thats the future u foresee.My view is different.IMO if he is going ahead with such plans,he wont last long in industry or attain stardom.He will be relegated to status of Abhishek or John if he continue clinging on to Dharma being part of stale multistarrers.You might not agree and I am nt asking u to change ur opinion.To each his own.Agree to disagree :)