Episode 13: Other Side of the Coin - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
Agree with you in every point 😊
Oh a brilliant job. I loved reading it and reliving the moments in tHe serial. RK makes me fall in love with him all over again. 
Excellent analysis. I love reading your posts
Nice review.
Every coin has two sides And a circumference too, which binds the two sides. And good reporting is just not having a look at the the two sides, but finding the binding factor that joins the two sides. Which is what Ananya has been doing from the beginning, and Kabir is doing now in Sinha's case.

Let's not forget that Kabir did accuse the actress, without listening to her side of the story. So, a kind of reality check for him, maybe this is.

Manav & competitior channel are focussing just on one side and that too based on half baked information. Half knowledge is always dangerous.

Originally posted by Malika

Another reflective and thought-provoking post from you Avantika! And honestly seeing the amazing epi we got tonight, I was really waiting for your analysis with a bated breath. 😳

As for the epi, I feel this was one of the most layered and intense episodes of Reporters so far as for the first time we got a glimpse of who the real Kabir Sharma is.And more than that we also got a glimpse of what KaYa are going to be in the near future.

Today we saw a myriad moods of Kabir:

-The man who always supports the truth, no matter what it takes to do so. As he himself rightly said, a news is like a double ended sword and which side of the sword he wants to get slaughtered from is his choice. And true that coz if he doesn't support Neha in her accusation, the society is up in arms against him and if he does, he wont be able to face himself, so probably for him getting
slaughtered with his moral and ethics intact is a better option.
Very well said! But what makes Kabir even more interesting is the fact that he still comes across as being grey despite being good at heart.. He doesn't hesitate to voice out his stance fearlessly even if his job and hard-earned goodwill is at stake!
Coz here is a man who values morals and ethics just as much as the truth.. It's who he is, and that is perhaps the only part of him has survived over the years.. 

The man who was dumped by his wife. Okay now this was the real emotional part and it had my heart go out for him. Rejection is too hard to handle, and it does not matter if you are a man or a woman, it hurts like hell,  specially if that rejection comes from a spouse. We don't know if Kabir was romantically into his wife or not but definately he was emotionally into the sanctity of the bond of marriage so that mistrust from his wife did affect him a lot.

Ohh.. Pain of rejection and it's portrayal go hand in hand with Rajeev's journey in Tellywood.. πŸ˜› Sujal was a living replica of it, Raj suffered from it for a while and now we have Kabir reliving his wife's abandonment of him in every waking moment.. 

If ex-Mrs Sharma is the 'Didi', then he obviously was very much attached to her emotionally.. 
Then again, if she was kind enough to join him in his efforts to brighten up little children's lives, she can't be an insensitive woman, right? 
Perhaps the sting of betrayal was above everything they had between them, and hence the divorce.. 

-The man whose life got changed due to a fake accusation - Now this does not hold much relevance normally because Kabir already learnt his lessons the hard way, but if you see it from the perspective of Ananya's past that had almost a similar incident and tore her family apart, it does hold a lot of relevance!

Oh it does apply in case of Kabir too, partially.. This incident is only going to strengthen his stance and he might even learn a lesson or two about how dangerous jumping to conclusions is! Not that he needs it, but life teaches you nonetheless.. 

Oh and if u go to see, this case is actually going to bring #Kaya closer on an emotional level.. So the accusation will change his life, for good.. 

-Theon who is looking for some trust - Okay call this coming from an emotional fool or someone who has an eye for rajeev's hidden expressions, but every time he looked
into Ananya's eyes he was unknowingly demanding for some support. His closest person mistrusted him and so he does not expect trust from anyone but with Ananya, there
was a a hint of expectation. An expectation that atleast the girl who has the audacity to call her editor-in-chief corrupt for the sake of truth, can read the truth in his eyes. And thats why he probably explained his side of story to Malvika in Ananya's presence.And made a point to question Ananya regarding what are her opinions abt Dr Sinha. This particular part was enough to say that the least expectation if he has from anyone to understand his stance is Ananya. And what's more intriguing is, this feeling came so naturally to him. Like a telepathy. As if he would wish that she understood his silence like she's been doing since a while now. And it would be an understatement to say that Rajeev nailed it!

Hi-5! I tend to do that too.. (And end up losing focus for a while) πŸ€ͺ
Anyway.. soo yep! Couldn't have said better.. 
When he walked into the office, and saw accusations, judging looks and questions all around, the pain that crossed his face was depicted brilliantly by Rajeev.. 
But the steady eyelock between them, not once but twice somehow must have assured him that there was atleast one person who believed in him.. 
Nothing overtly romantic about it, but for a man who is barely hanging in there, it obviously must have meant the world..

As for Ananya, I liked that she did not believe in what Kabir said instantly. That again proves she has amazing reasoning skills. Even if he is her hero and he offered her job back to her, she still cant trust him blindly. And she says it openly. But definitely her conscious fails to believe that her hero can support something wrong so she urges him to speak for himself and prove his innocence. That is enough to tell how much she wants his tarnished image to be cleaned asap. Which makes me sure she will be the one to get him back his lost respect that would undoubtedly cement KaYa's bond.

Yes.. So it's not about blind trust or hero-worship anymore.. Perhaps it never was.. She certainly has a soft corner for him since he did not take a harsh stand against her father.. 
But even as a colleague, I feel she respects him a lot for the character and conviction he shows.. 
So she makes sure to voice it out to him.. No apprehensions there.. Just the need to see him bailing himself out of it.. 

Ohh and the undercover stint has me suuper excited.. She surely will have a role to play in proving Dr. Sinha's innocence but what interests me more is speculating if they actually clear Kabir's name too in the process.. 

And today most of the suspense factor too was unfolded regarding Tarini and Kabir's wife. Most probably as you said Kabir's wife left him because of some false link-ups with Tarini and that could be one of the reasons even Tarini is single and that makes Kabir guilty for her child who has no father to look after him.May be Tarini's husband/bf too dumped her. 

Quite possibly this is what must have happened.. But why did Tarini shun the limelight and disappear? Guess that might uncover yet another layer off Kabir's past.. 

All in all it was a brilliant episode. I love it when things get heady and force you to get involved emotionally into something.So I am really looking forward to this.

PS - There is one thing which i really feel is faltering from the standpoint of story and that is the debate regarding Kabir's statement of 'women now-a-days have made it a trend to play blame game' . Today Kabir said I may appear to be a sexist but the truth is he really does appear one with the boldness of that statement. It would have been much better if the writers made Kabir
say something like how the society and even KKN always supports women rights but sometimes they get misused and this case can be an example of that specially in absence of Dr Sinha's statement. But Kabir generalizes  an accusation of a sexual harassment case to be a fashion statement which in my view is a big mistake on the writer's end. It does sound distasteful specially seeing the kind of MCPs we have roaming around in India.

Yup.. I do agree to a certain extent.. Sometimes writers  have to resort to extreme means and plots to reveal the true strength of their characters.. I would brush it off as a bit of creative liberty here.. 

Besides what saves the show and Kabir is that they strike a fine balance between black and white.. So despite everything Kabir says and does to provoke people to think, it's clear that he is not judgemental and definitely not a sexist.. 
Besides he's not wrong if u go to see.. if 90% of the times men are held responsible for sexism, dominance and failure of relationships, can we safely assume that it's us, tje fairer sex who can be held accountable for 10% of those cases.. 
I guess yes! 
Who are we kidding, we women possess the most dangerous of minds when it comes to safeguarding our rights and dignity.. 

Gr8 post. Very nice analysis and equally nice CAPs. Reading this review is like watching epi again.
What I liked
1. Kabir's confidence in himself and his anger.
2. Ananya's confidence in her Kabir sir and her straight approach
3. KaYa communication via eyes. It said it all.

One of the Best epi so far
Originally posted by life93

Avni diiiπŸ€—πŸ€—

a big huggie to u πŸ€—πŸ€— this analysis is just amazing..!!!

oh god ! you reminded  me of sujalπŸ˜‰...yeah rajeev has got incredible with every characterπŸ‘πŸΌ

n yeah one should see both side of a coin before judging anyone or anything but who cares ??

or least one should given a chance to prove their innocence !

and your point about a divorced person is very valid...we all forget we all are human we get hurt may times but keep try to hold the person we love but once the trust and respect fade away people split up. is it that hard to understand ??

though we can't tell others how to behave but we can do something when we don't judge others !

love u diπŸ€—

Neee.. πŸ€—
Soo good to see you here.. πŸ˜‰

Exactly! It is so easy to judge others, but do we have the right to do it in the first place? Who decides what is right, and wrong? if it is the regressive society we live in, that in itself is at fault! 

Originally posted by Sagi.

Avantika di..
It was too good episode analysis.

Yes, it answers some of the questions from the last week.

About Tarini, the boy Anurag, and Kabir's guilt. So now it pretty much seems that Tarini was an intern, there was a scandal, kabir's wife left him abruptly, Tarini was also dumped by her spouse/bf and she is the mother of Anurag.

Today is going to be one hell of the episode, kabir and Ananya both go undercover to discover what happened at the hospital. And some nice Kaya scenes can be expected.

Thank you! πŸ˜ƒ
Looks like that is the only plausible explanation, For now! But I do trust the writers to shock us.. 

Oh absolutely! It'll be fun to watch Kabir in action, himself! πŸ˜Ž
And of course, Kaya too.. Well, an eyelock a day keeps the doctor away.. πŸ˜‰
                                                                    - By yours truly.. πŸ˜›
Originally posted by -FreeSpirit-

Great review. The episode was very interesting and has set up the topics that will be dealt with in the upcoming episodes. I agree with ur hits, even in this 25 minutes episode where the main focus was on Kabir and Manav equal space was given to every character and we could see what they think about this issue and what are their reasoning. Manav is going down for sure, if only he could use that intelligence of his in something more useful he might have actually stood a chance to be editor-in-chief πŸ˜†.
I love the whole message behind all this, to look at two sides of the story. Its so relevant because we as humans tend to look at the single side that is the focus everywhere but we tend to ignore the other side which may be hidden and will only come to focus if we give our attention to the details of the issue.
Cant wait to see the next episode, hoping to be another fast paced episode 

Thank you! 
Yes, last night was a base for the future tracks - Be it Kabir's past being revealed, Ananya's father's case and #Kaya working together on it, Ananya's trust in him, Kabir's faith in her, and the future of KKN.. 

Exactly.. And it's often the other side that is more interesting.. 

I hope so too.. Am sure it'll be quite entertaining now that Kabir, and even Ananya have taken the matter into their hands.. πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by GitaIyer

Nice review.
Every coin has two sides And a circumference too, which binds the two sides. And good reporting is just not having a look at the the two sides, but finding the binding factor that joins the two sides. Which is what Ananya has been doing from the beginning, and Kabir is doing now in Sinha's case.

Let's not forget that Kabir did accuse the actress, without listening to her side of the story. So, a kind of reality check for him, maybe this is.

Manav & competitior channel are focussing just on one side and that too based on half baked information. Half knowledge is always dangerous.

@ bold : very well said.. 
I somehow feel even Kabir has been doing the same since Day 1.. Only, he comes across as 'gray' coz he doesn't do things openly.. 
Well yes, he needed to learn this lesson now more than ever, coz it will help him stay grounded.. 

However, I feel Kabir did not accuse the actress, though it did seem like it.. He presented the news in a very shrewd manner, provoking people to jump to conclusions, just so he could thwart them and make them see the true picture..

It's normal human tendency to jump to conclusions, but it's more often a lack of judgement and impulsive actions that lead to it.. 
So it becomes necessary to show us that we were wrong in the first place, and that's what I think Kabir intended to do in Nidhi Rane's case.. 
Something that we, and even Ananya didn't understand at first.. 

Ohh certainly.. Manav is just being an insensitive, jealous moron at the moment.. I can't wait to watch Kabir band-bajaoing him.. πŸ˜Ž

Thanks!