Posted: 02 November 2015 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Looks like and Kritika also said it has been followed by lot of people so it seems going very good polaa so they won't end it.
[/QUOTE] Yes Akka. SM is the most popular show in Vijay TV. Watched by all classes of people. Many love to hate the show but can't ignore it. I think after Vettaiyan became the lead the show became more popular :).
As I shared about the shows and the casts and vettaiyans popularity in the women's magazine.[/QUOTE]
1. I wonder what women see in Vettaiyan. He doesn't have the looks. His character is also not good. He has not done anything to win the heart of Meenatchi. Compare to the movie "Love comes softly," where the guy slowly wins the heart of a young widow; everything Vettaiyan does should be irritating and offensive to a girl like Meenatchi. He lacks decency, and things he did lacks realism, like riding the bike for 5 days. Common sense: touch from the lover is pleasure, and the same touch from the one you hate is offensive and painful.
2. The director must be very smart and knows his audience. He kills one of the most beautiful love story and makes the show more popular. When I first wrote a commercial for my first year university English Composition class, my lecturer said, "In writing a commercial, you should know that the audience are stupider than you think." The director understood this principle very well. ("Many love to hate the show")
3. I have watched hundreds of movies and always expected justice at the end. This is the only show I have watched that I realize I cannot expect justice at the end. Both hero and heroine are losers, and the villain becomes a hero. They played a song "Kuyila pidichu koondil adaichu koova sollukira ulaham" many times and even on the wedding day Myna sang this song. This becomes the theme song of this show. The game played is not a fair game. It is one against the rest of the world.
4. SM2 must be a continuation of SM1. It started off like that and there was a good problem created that needs to be solved. Suddenly everything is forgotten and SM2 became a completely isolated show with no connection to SM1.
5. I always learned to understand and respect a heart of a person. A person is always more important to me than the system, culture, rules, etc. Desire of the heart is the only thing that satisfies a person. One can change the mind, but not the heart. I have met many living an unsatisfied life because of the pressure from others. Steve Jobs didn't create Apple because he wanted money. It was his passion (his heart's desire). When a woman desires a man in her heart, I can understand the seriousness and the pain of not having him. I am so saddened to see the callousness of this world toward that pain. Not only in the show, her family and friends, even the audience are blaming her and cursing her. It's a crime the society is doing to her.
6. Why am I so passionate in defending Meenatchi? When I start watching SM2, it was a beautiful love story. I understand love and passion. I can enjoy every bit of it. Also, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, when the desire comes it is a tree of life." I also know what happens to the heart when the hope is broken. When I watched this show, it was like my life story played in front of me. Not exactly same, but there are many aspects are similar. I cried and cried for hours. It was too painful for me. I also realize that this world is cruel, help from man is futile, No one understands the heart of a person. I know in this show, the director has already planned to join Meenatchi and Vettaiyan. In my life, I know I will have my heart's desire. In the real world, there are many ways to make it happen. Help is not going to come from man, it comes from God. In the show, director is going to decide what is good for most of the audience, not the heart of a person Meenatchi. He is not going to bring justice to Saravanan. When I watch the show, I feel the heart of Meenatchi and I cry.
7. Saravanan and Meenatchi are one of the most compatible pair. Her life would have been so much better in Canada. That's reality. He deserves every bit of it. Ippa Vattaiyanoda sernthu kuppa kotta thaan chari. Tamil's house was full of life when Saravanan was there. Vettaiyan has no class. Vettaiyan is a trickster.
8. This is the most depressing sad story I ever watched. After the wedding day, I have been peeking once in a while to see any good development. Now, it is clear what the end is going to be. Saravanan is never going to show up. This kuyil just have to sing and accept Vettaiyan. I decided not to watch anymore. I don't want a sad ending like that to remain in my head.