• Chopped mixed Vegetables 1 1/2 cup
  • Soy sauce 2 table spoons
  • Chili sauce 1 table spoon
  • Ketchup1 table spoon
  • Malt vinegar 1 tea spoon
  • Olive Oil 1 table spoon
  • Salt if needed

Directions

1. In a wok or karahi, heat oil, add chopped vegetables, saute for a couple of minutes, add the sauces, and stir fry a little longer.
  2. Now add vinegar and previously cooked basmati rice, toss everything together gently, taking care not to break the rice.
  3. Serve hot with raita, or chicken curry.
  • Chef's Tip:
    Left over 1 day old rice stored in the refrigerator works best for this dish.

For this recipe visit: http://www.bestdesifood.com/recipe-148-Vegetable%20Fried%20Rice

Edited by BestDesiFood - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shilpi11 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Chicken curry is my favorite recipe which I love to make for my family whenever I am at home. Now I am going to share how to make delicious Chicken curry.
Chicken curry recipe - 
Heat oil in a pan and saut the onion paste, garlic & ginger paste till golden brown.

Add tomato puree. When the tomato puree dries up, add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Let the spices cook.

Add chicken pieces into the masala. Stir well and cook till they are golden brown.

Add 1/2 cup of water and stir. Cover with a lid and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked.

Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.Key Ingredients: chicken, tomato, onion, garlic, ginger,coriander powder, cumin seeds, turmeric, red chilli, garam masala, vegetable oil, salt, coriander leaves.

Let me share you yooshopper DoT CoM - Either you are planning a party or family get together, here you can order your choice of food & it will deliver you at your home. 

Facilities here you can have are like Grocery & Staples, Breakfast,Restaurants, Branded Foods, Bread, Dairy & Eggs, Beverages, Chinese Cuisine, Fruits & Vegetable, Personal Care, Meat, Health Care, Household, Flowers, Catering Items, Watches, Footwear, Pet Care, Automobile And Accessories, Gift. 

kavitamehta19 thumbnail
i live in kolkata and i love fish and rice.
So i ma sharing my fish curry recipe with you all.

BENGALI FISH CURRY RECIPE

Ingredients:
2 tblsp lemon juice2 tbsps.
mustard oil for frying
salt to taste
8 fish fillets8
1 tblsp red chilli powder
4 red chillies whole
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 green chillies slit
2 tblsp coriander powder
1 tblsp garlic paste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 bay leaf
2 cup onions chopped
1 tblsp ginger paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp onion seeds (kalonji)

How to make bengali fish curry :
Clean and cut fish fillet, wash well, remove excess water and then marinate with limejuice, turmeric powder and salt.
Keep aside for 30 minutes.
Heat up a pan, mix in 1 tblsp oil, shallow fry marinated fish from both sides until slightly browned.
Take off and keep aside.
Heat up remaining oil, mix in mustard seeds, kalonji, whole dry red chillies and bay leaf, stir fry for a few minutes till seeds crackles, mix in ginger, garlic paste and stir fry again for a moment.
Mix in cut onion and stir fry until slightly brown in colour.
Mix in mustard paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, stir fry masala nicely until oil starts separating.
Adjust water and salt, bring to boil and then mix in shallow fried fish, put green chilli slits on top.
Stir fry on a slow flame until fish get cooked and oil starts floating on top of gravy.
Take off and decorate with cut green coriander leaves.

adneybradyxz thumbnail
hi 

there is veg. food are very healthy
adneybradyxz thumbnail
 hi
the best dishes is vegtrian food
Aarav131 thumbnail
My two favourite dishes are mutter paneer and butter chicken. Does anyone have recipes for them?
rodrig thumbnail
I love Vegetarian foods as they are heathy too. :)
Manali131 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rodrig

I love Vegetarian foods as they are heathy too. :)

What is your favourite vegetarian dish?
annejhons thumbnail
Mutter Paneer, a very famous Indian Gravy. Paneer cooked with Peas and tomato sauce. Paneer dishes are always special. Paneer Butter Masala, Kadai Paneer, Mutter Paneer are some of the special dishes in most of the Indian restaurants. There are many variations we can bring in and this is one of the method. A perfect vegetarian gravy for Roti / Chapati / Naan! 

Preparation Time10 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
Servings4

Ingredients:

Paneer1/2 Cup*
Mutter1/2 Cup
Onion1
Tomato3
Green Chillies2
Turmeric1/2 teaspoon
Chopped Ginger1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder1/2 teaspoon
SaltTo Taste
Kasoori Methi1 teaspoon
Cookin Oil / Butter1 teaspoon
Fresh Cream1 teaspoon
Chopped Coriander Leaves2 teaspoon
Cashew Nuts10

* 1 cup capacity = 250 ml

Method:
  1. I used store bought paneer cubes which I refrigerated  and so I took it fridge an soaked the paneer cubes in warm water for 10 minutes. My paneer cubes are soft by that time. Lets prepare our masala now. Heat oil in pan and add cashew nuts and fry for 30 seconds. Add chopped onions, garlic and ginger along with pinch of salt and saute them till the onions turn light brown color.
  2. Add turmeric, green chillies and saute it for 10 seconds. Then add chopped tomatoes and saute them in medium flame till the tomatoes are cooked and become mushy
  3. When the tomatoes are mushy, switch off the flame and allow it to cool off. Take this tomato mixture in a mixer and grind it to a paste.
  4. Heat oil in a pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add the whole garam masalas such as cinnamon, bayleaf, cloves, cardamom and saute them for 10 seconds. Then add cumin seeds 
  5. When the cumin seeds starts to sputter, add ground tomato mixture along with sale and also add 1/2 cup of water and keep the flame in low and allow the sauce to boil in low flame atleast for 15 minutes. Also add crushed kassori methi, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix well
  6. When the sauce is ready, add peas and mix well and allow it to boil for a minute. Then add paneer cubes and mix well. Again allow the mutter paneer to boil for 2 minutes. 
  7. Finally add chopped coriander leaves and before switching off the flame, add fresh cream and remove from flame
  8. The yummy, creamy Mutter Paneer is now ready to serve with hot Chapati / Roti / Naan
Edited by annejhons - 8 years ago
Rahul_Pandit thumbnail
The best desi food according to me is chole bhature