Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
'Comedy Circus' back in a new avatar, on a new channel

'Comedy Circus' back in a new avatar, on a new channel
Stand-up comedy show Comedy Circus', which ran for eight years, will soon return albeit in a new avatar and with a new title. Another development is that it will now return on another channel, which also airs 'Comedy Nights With Kapil'.

A source informs, "While Kapil's show revolves around him and his family, the new show will be very different and will hit the tube in August. It will have two judges, who will give their views on the acts, but won't be scoring them."

The first two names to be locked as performers are popular comedian Krushna Abhishek and his partner Sudesh Lahiri. Both Krushna and producer Vipul D Shah didn't revert to our text messages.

Interested in knowing more about comedy shows? Here's a special on Comedy shows on TV just for you. Also did you know that 'Comedy Classes' initially aired on Colors channel? Click here to know more about it.
aparnauma thumbnail
Is this show comedy circus the same thing where they used to come as teams and put up skits and are judged?
Wasn't it airing on Sony before? I used to watch it once in a while.

----------
It will be a good change from CNWK.

CNWK - Never really cared much for Kapil Sharma's brand of humour. It's not my kind.
Usually tune into this show if the guests are interesting.
I don't really care for the OD of drag acts in this show either🤢

---------------
What was the show which is used to come on Sitara long time ago? Shekar Suman was the judge of that show 
Competition for stand up comic acts.
I think lot of stand up comadians came up because of this show. Can't remember the name. That was really entertaining.
RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Finally finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns". Was reading it late into the night last night. Relationships portrayed beautifully. Cannot even imagine the hard life the Afghan women went through. The violence they had to suffer at the hands of their own countrymen.

Equally difficult to imagine the rampant child marriages. Both protagonists in the book were victims of child marriage. One at 15 and the other I think at 14. 

A very well knit and put together story. All the gloom and darkness can be tolerated only because there is hope of happiness in the end.

aparnauma thumbnail

Originally posted by: RTee

Finally finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns". Was reading it late into the night last night. Relationships portrayed beautifully. Cannot even imagine the hard life the Afghan women went through. The violence they had to suffer at the hands of their own countrymen.

Equally difficult to imagine the rampant child marriages. Both protagonists in the book were victims of child marriage. One at 15 and the other I think at 14. 

A very well knit and put together story. All the gloom and darkness can be tolerated only because there is hope of happiness in the end.

Both married to the same man at different points in time

Don't know why but I feel that Ver 2.0 CS reminds me of thousand splendid suns it has that same feel as that book specially the woman and the child.
Only here the woman seems to have some selfish motives behind developing a bond with the little girl.
RTee thumbnail
Relationships in BV are nowhere near the skewed relationships over there.

Married to the same man a few years apart but residing together. The two women have around 15 year age gap. The second marriage takes place while the first wife is still around. Age gap between the younger one and the man is around 40+ years.
aparnauma thumbnail

Originally posted by: RTee

Relationships in BV are nowhere near the skewed relationships over there.

Married to the same man a few years apart but residing together. The two women have around 15 year age gap. The second marriage takes place while the first wife is still around. Age gap between the younger one and the man is around 40+ years.

I read the synopsis of the book  since I never know whether I'll be able to complete reading the book Both married to this man who is abusive.Strange kinship between two wives and how the lady helps her escape from all this doing the ultimate sacrifice by murdering that man

Depressing oppressive situations bringing the women together who should be rivals.

Other than that culture how people accept all these things as their fate is something beyond me. I can never understand the psyche of the people in that reason.😕
I used to  try and read all the fiction/non fiction  which dealt  with culture and history at taht time when the crisis in the region was the biggest news.
RTee thumbnail

Originally posted by: aparnauma

I read the synopsis of the book  since I never know whether I'll be able to complete reading the book Both married to this man who is abusive.Strange kinship between two wives and how the lady helps her escape from all this doing the ultimate sacrifice by murdering that man

Depressing oppressive situations bringing the women together who should be rivals.

Other than that culture how people accept all these things as their fate is something beyond me. I can never understand the psyche of the people in that reason.😕
I used to  try and read all the fiction/non fiction  which dealt  with culture and history at taht time when the crisis in the region was the biggest news.

She murders him because the younger one's beau, whom she had thought to be dead, returns. She also has a daughter by her boyfriend, which she tried to pass of to her husband as his child. 

Husband learns of the return and almost strangles the second wife, which is when the first one kills him and she takes the blame entirely on her own so that the second one can live a happy married life with her boyfriend and the 2 kids. 

At this time the younger girl is just 23 years old. Within 9 years she had an affair, lost her boyfriend, lost her parents, married this guy so much older than her, had 2 kids, tried to run away, was caught and beaten mercilessly, had to put her daughter in an orphanage to avert starvation...
Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What no one is here ...
btw Uma Anshu Anjy Nivi total gayab 
aparnauma thumbnail
Now I know why our country doesn't progress despite the so called brain power
They think going from city to a village is going backwards in life

Never think of going to a place where are there no facilities start something new there.

Glad I know different kind of people who despite coming from cosmopolitan background and getting the best of education have gone to work in remote parts of this country and trying to make a difference.

I know of a doctor who passed out of one of the best medical colleges in the country that too with university medals  - he could have joined any of the five star hospitals in any of the big cities  but went to such a remote area because he found that people have no access to medical care and couldn't afford medical care .

One of the best medical education institutions was started by an American lady who never wanted to live in a third world country like her father who is a doctor but instead she just wanted to go back to her native country and settle down there but the health needs of pregnant women in India changed her mind and that was foundation for a medical college that produced women doctors for this country.

People call TV show leads Mahaan but there are real Mahaans out there and this lady is one of them.She sacrificed her dream of having a small home with husband and children and lived to improve the health care in a country which she never wanted to live. Her work stands tall even after more than 100 years.

I feel fortunate just to have heard about people like these. 

Because I know these people are real I can believe the Mahaanta exhibited by a few characters.
aparnauma thumbnail

Lauren joins Jhalak as the fourth judge

She's hot and an amazing dancer. We are talking about Lauren Gottlieb, who was in talks with the makers of Dance Plus, which features Remo D'souza as the maha judge.

Finally putting all speculations to rest, we can now inform you that she declined Dance plus as she thought it was best to return to her homeground 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.'

READ: Shahid steps into Madhuri's shoes to judge Jhalak

She has joined the show as the fourth judge and will hence, up the glam quotient of what seemed like an all-male judging panel, comprising Shahid Kapoor, Karan Johar and Ganesh Hegde, this season.

It should be noted that she had participated on the show a few seasons back. While she confirmed the news about her judging the forthcoming season, sources have informed us that her role is still being worked upon. Says a source associated with the show, "There is a possibility of Ganesh and Lauren mentoring along with judging the contestants."

Interested in knowing more about Jhalak and other reality shows? Here is a special on reality shows we have created just for you.