||Bonding with so called "Intellectuals" #CC 26 (IO) - Page 11

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by RTee

Thapki indeed replacing Shastri Sisters at the 7 pm slot from 25 May

There is no story left in Shastri Sisters and the promos of Thapki have failed to move me in the slightest. Am going to give it a complete miss 
So Shastri sisters is going off air

No wonder there are no promos of that show.

Too bad for them BV does as well as their other shows without any promos as their other shows which have so many promos  MATH Udaan Swaragini๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by aparnauma - 8 years ago
Next week in IGT seems to have been dedicated to celebrity performers.
Mouni Roy is singing
Karan Tacker dancing
Sana Khan is taking part in some magic show
Sid is being illusionist
Then there is that BB8 inmate who is singing
---------------
This week is all bout Bombay Velvet and Bharti

Cow Bunks Exam in Jammu and Kashmir, Despite Having Admit Card

SRINAGAR:  A Budgam resident, who managed to get hall ticket for his brown cow to write a professional entrance examination, today did not turn up with the bovine for the paper at the allocated centre here, saying he only wanted to convey a message about the "flaw" in the system.

"I only wanted to convey a message to the authorities about the flaw in the system. I never wanted to make a mockery of the system," Abdul Rashid Bhat, the owner of the now-famous cow, told PTI.

Mediapersons had gathered outside the Government Degree College at Bemina, where the exam was scheduled to take place at 10 am, but returned disappointed when Mr Bhat and his cow did not turn up for the examination.

In an attempt to expose the loopholes in Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations' (BOPEE) online registration system, Mr Bhat had managed to acquire an admit card for his cow to write the paper for admission to a diploma course in a polytechnic college.

The admit card was issued by the BOPEE in the name of Kachir Gaaw, literally 'brown cow', supposedly the daughter of Gura Dand, literally 'red bull'.

Mr Bhat, after obtaining the hall ticket last week, had said it was his legal right to bring the bovine to write the examination.

"Had I gone ahead with that, there would be no difference between me and an animal. I would become a two-legged animal then," he said.

Mr Bhat, who hails from the Chadoora area of central Kashmir's Budgam District, expressed hope that the prank he played would lead to change in the system and authorities would make it more efficient and fair for all candidates.

"There is a general perception that examinations are conducted as a formality, and the admissions are finalised before the process is started. I hope things will improve and meritorious students only will get admissions to professional courses," he added.

The cow was alloted a seat at Government Degree College Bemina for writing the examination scheduled for today.

The incident came to light on May 2, after opposition National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu uploaded a copy of the admit card on micro-blogging site Twitter.

BOPEE chairman Ghulam Hassan Tantray has ordered an inquiry into the incident. Edited by aparnauma - 8 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Jayalalithaa-case-verdict-today-3-likely-scenarios-what-they-mean-for-Amma/articleshow/47227081.cms
Verdict on Amma's disproportionate assets case today
after Sallu Today is Jaya Day ...news channel got brand new topic

Good Morning
MF 
If IC is wrong about UR &SW then why bother about it?
If she is wrong it will be proven wrong any ways
Or is it the possibility of her being proven right that is worrisome?
If she is right then the great soul mates will be proven wrong and soul mates disappear may be that is the reason to worry
-------------
My lines typed with deadpan digital face seem to have been taken very seriously indeed

May be they didn't see that my digital tounge is stuck firmly in my cheek
Originally posted by aparnauma

MF 
If IC is wrong about UR &SW then why bother about it?
If she is wrong it will be proven wrong any ways
Or is it the possibility of her being proven right that is worrisome?
If she is right then the great soul mates will be proven wrong and soul mates disappear may be that is the reason to worry
-------------
My lines typed with deadpan digital face seem to have been taken very seriously indeed

May be they didn't see that my digital tounge is stuck firmly in my cheek

๐Ÿคฃ
Originally posted by blushing

after Sallu Today is Jaya Day ...news channel got brand new topic

Good Morning

Just feeling  sick on how al these entitled/privileged/those who can afford can get away from punishment ๐Ÿ˜ˆ -- I know Arnab rants/raves/screams - but sometimes his rage is justified.. 2.5 lakh undertrials languishing in jail just because they cannot one afford a Salve 

Who is Amma's lawyer?? Mr.Salve ๐Ÿค”

am just wondering what made Ms. De write a sensible piece  http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/salman-ma-ka-laadla-bighad-gaya-762034?
Gowri yes Mrs De wrote ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

The Baltimore riots threw up an unlikely heroine - a determined mother who chased an adult son and smacked him in public, before dragging him home. What was the young man doing to cause such distress to his enraged mom? Well, he had apparently picked up a few stones to throw at the police, who were trying to control rampaging mobs indulging in arson and rioting. The video went viral and overnight, the unknown woman was hailed as 'Mother of the Year' across social media platforms. What was her achievement? Well... she was acknowledged worldwide for doing the right thing; for correcting her boy... and possibly saving his life.

Globally, mothers sent up a cheer for the woman - she had done what they dared not with their own sons - discipline them.

As the world commemorates Mother's Day, this may be the perfect time for mothers across the world to ask themselves if they are doing 'the right thing' when it comes to their children.

It will be interesting to know how Salman Khan spent his Sunday. His devoted mother Salma had reportedly taken ill, unable to deal with the stress generated by her son's ongoing trial. She is lucky she is surrounded by her large family, and their enormous circle of friends and supporters.

Bollywood swiftly closed ranks during the crisis and protected one of their own. Whether the fraternity would have displayed the same level of solidarity had it been a lesser star than Salman is doubtful.

That's how showbiz works - particularly when there's a lot of money riding on a particular actor. Not so surprisingly, most initial reactions out of Bollywood revolved around the 200 or more crores apparently riding on Khan's movies. Bollywood appeared completely unconcerned about the victims of this terrible accident. Their collective indifference to the plight of those directly affected by the tragedy was the best indicator of their sensibilities.

This is where Salma Khan can play a key role. It is never too late for a mother to correct her child. A child of 50 - but still her child. Salma loves Salman. Salman loves Salma. Fine. It is time for Salma to ask herself a few tough questions. Where did she slip up while raising the boy who went on to become one of Bollywood's most bankable stars? Salman has been in and out of serious trouble most of his adult life. It's a bit silly to keep pointing to his good deeds and countless acts of charity while turning a blind eye to several misdemeanours that have blighted his turbulent existence for decades. He is fortunate to have gotten away scot free and unscathed so far. He has had a dream run, so to speak. But that can change in future.

Given his closeness to his mother, perhaps a heart-to-heart is overdue.

Salma is not alone.

Most Indian mothers behave in a ridiculous way about their precious sons. Culturally, this is how it is, has always been and perhaps will continue to be. Most Indian fellows are unapologetic 'Mama's Boys', and don't feel a bit embarrassed about it. Most desi moms blatantly discriminate between their sons and daughters and are shamelessly preferential in the way they raise male progeny. Society endorses and accepts this nauseating favouritism. Sons grow up with exaggerated feelings of self-importance.

Their special status within the family is repeatedly underlined, till they themselves start believing they are demi-Gods who can do no wrong.

Salman's emotional graph combined with a dicey track record both suggest he was raised to take most entitlements for granted. Privileges must have been presented on silver salvers from a young age, and the very idea of assuming responsibility for his actions may have appeared an alien concept to him and his family.

It's tough being a mother. Parental guidance is something that cannot be "taught''. Any mother's instinct is to protect a vulnerable child. Which is what Salma is doing. But what causes a child to grow up in a certain way? Why do mothers hesitate to correct their kids - sons in particular? Who teaches basic values to the young?  Should a mother's love be so irrational that even when a child steps out of line, there are zero repercussions... zero conversations... zero  consequences?

On some levels Salman never grew up. He didn't need to. His life was set.

Unfortunately, there are questions that need an answer this time. Whichever way this case goes, and at whatever speed, there will be those who won't forgive Salman. Nor will they forget the pain of the dead and the injured. That's called compassion. And compassion involves Being Human. Towards one and all.

I am sure Salma Khan will communicate this vital message to her beloved son.

It may save many other laadla betas in India from going down a dangerous road.

My comment about the CS in that thread about news article about lousy traditional practice -
They didn't see that my tongue was stuck in cheek.

I am just LUBBING all the attention I am being showered with๐Ÿ˜›