Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian

Kashmira Irani: We were treated like royals in Jaipur

Ri21 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
On her recent visit to the Pink City, the actress talks about her new show and Rajasthani hospitality Actress Kashmira Irani, who made her television debut with the show 'Amber Dhara', is now back on the small screen with 'Manmarziyan'.

While in Jaipur to promote her show recently , Kashmira told us how she was smitten by the hospitality of Rajasthan. Recalling her last visit to Jaipur, she said, "During our last trip we got to see so many different facets of Rajasthan.
Embedded image permalink
It was December and the winter made our trip worthwhile. After spending a day in the city we went to a famous Rajasthani food joint, where we had a ball. We were treated like royals and we feasted on such a lavish spread. What I liked the most was the hospitality of the attendants. They were offering us something or the other and kept requesting us to eat more than we could. Aisi mehmaan-nawazi maine kahin aur nahi dekhi. Log sirf humein 'aur lijiye na' kahe ja rahe thay. I think this is what makes Rajasthan so different."

Playing one of the lead roles in her new show, the actress was interested in the different layers of her character.She said, "The role has different layers, which attracted me the most to it. I play Samaira, who has faced a lot in life and is going through a phase in which her relationship with her mom is strained. She wants to come out of her mom's shadow and make her own identity . She is very intuitive and believes in following her heart. To a great extent I am like Samaira, and that is the reason I took the role. I always listen to my heart."

About the kind of shows on Indian television these days, the actress said, "We have seen saas-bahu serials for a very long period. Now people want to see something constructive. Female actors, too, want to be seen as more than just trophy characters, and portray strong roles."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaNan_SamArj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This was much needed, people who were questioning about lead roles could get their answer from this interview...
Ri21 thumbnail
ya actually the girls are the lead.. guys are playing the pivotal role fr both the girls. even for promotions its only kash and monica who go for it.. if the guys were lead then they should have gone too.. and in evry episode we have sam and radhika equally whereas both arjun and neil are shown when needed. some times they are not shown also. 
posted it frm another thread,..
Ri21 thumbnail
anyways kash is looking so beautiful in this pic๐Ÿ˜ณ
MaNan_SamArj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ri21

anyways kash is looking so beautiful in this pic๐Ÿ˜ณ

yep, forgot to comment about her smile...it's so beautiful.๐Ÿ˜Š
Lifez_Beautiful thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Tfs yar! She is lukn radiant in the foto! :)
For me the story basically is about two different gals from 2 different backgrounds, ambitions, struggles and troubles and how on the way to fullfill their manmarziyan they become good friends. And the guys are their support system. :)
Ri21 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Lifez_Beautiful

Tfs yar! She is lukn radiant in the foto! :)

For me the story basically is about two different gals from 2 different backgrounds, ambitions, struggles and troubles and how on the way to fullfill their manmarziyan they become good friends. And the guys are their support system. :)

agree ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing!!she does look really cute in that picture!!Edited by soni595 - 8 years ago
Rihan05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
tfs, She looks mesmerizing here โค๏ธ
Ri21 thumbnail
she is looking really lovely