MaNan - The Mangalore Diaries Chapter 2

Posted: 8 years ago

The Mangalore Diaries Chapter 2

As everyone boarded the car Nandini decided to take the back seat with Mukti and Alya. No one had any problem except for Manik and Dhruv; Manik cause he wanted Nandini to sit with him in the front seat and Dhruv as now he has to sit with luggage... Cabir "Maine bola tha Manik, but she wants to bond with girls, so ab toh mujhse hi kaam chala le." Manik "Shutup Cabir! You think you are funny?" Cabir "I think dude puri duniya jaanti hai I'm very funny." Mukti "Guys are we moving or standing here only?" Manik switched on the engine and the moved.

Nandini was very excited it was her first road trip. Although she wanted some alone time with Manik, but she being Nandini was equally happy to take this trip with her new friends. As she looked at their happy smiling faces she recalled her initial days at Space she would have never imagined to be friends with them and definitely never imagined falling in love with Manik Malhotra, the spoilt prince of Space. Then she remembered her Ams words "Everyone has good in them, we need to find it and give it chance." She looked at Manik who was very busy in arguing something with Cabir and thought I am sure Ams will definitely see how good Manik is and how lucky everyone around him is to have him in their lives.. And Ams will give him the love and care and protection which he craves for and deserves. Manik Malhotra on the other hand was super pissed first his friends gatecrash the trip now they are sitting next to him. He murmured in himself "Ek toh Nandini har time slow slow karti hai aur uski gaadi aur slow karne ke liye yeh 4 breaks, my friends. Wow Manik Malhotra what a bliss."

Cabir guessed Manik's desperation and shouted "Stop! Stop the car!" Manik applied sudden breaks and everyone got scared...All shouted "Cabir are you mad!" Cabir "Mujhe apni seat change karni hai, I wanna sit with Mukti and Alya." Mukti " Kyun jahan baitha hai wahin reh don't disturb us." Cabir "No I will sit wit you and nothing can stop me from doing it." He got down opened the door, pulled Nandini out and went and settled between ukti and Alya and said "Now it feels good." Nandini had no option but to sit next to Manik. Cabir pitched "Manik, yeh udhaar raha!" And everyone burst into laugh...

Finally Nandini sat next to Manik and they both smiled, they restarted their journey again. They were having the time of their lives laughing, singing, soaking in the beautiful locations on their way. Manik looked at Nandini and thought what all I didn't do to this girl; tortured her, pushed her to the edge, even walked away fro her but she never gave up on me. She choose me to love her, care for her and protect her. And if I can persuade her to let me keep doing this for the rest of my life I think I will be okay. I can't let her go, I will win Ams" Nandini looked at him they both shared an eyelock and Nandini smiled and Manik knew all is going to be okay in his life.

It was almost evening when they were on the outskirts of Mangalore.

End of Chapter 2.

I will be back with the next chapter soon...

Please let me know your views for improvement

Ciao,

Love

Sweta...

wow
Cabiraaa U R the best
Loved it
Cont soon
Hey u going great...am liking ur ff...but cn I request u 2 post all the parts in the same post rather than making different posts everytime...that bcums easy 4 the readers...and there will be connectivity also among the post...
Just a suggestion...😊
Where is chapter 1?????
Please post all the chapters in One post
Otherwise i loved the chapter
Everyone knows cabir is funny 😆
lovely chapter
loved it
cont soon
And That's why we love cabira
he is indeed the best frnd anyone asked for
love this chapter so much
now plz continue soon
Thanks for the PM
Take care

Geet
Love their cutenes and reflection about eachother.. can't wait to see what happens next
I'm extremely sorry to b MIA all this while..Posting 2 chaps of this story back to back..Hope you all will like it..drop in your precious comments...

The Mangalore Diaries Chapter 3

By the time they all reached the outskirts of Manglore it was almost sunset. They could see the sun setting behind the vast ocean...Mangalore is typical beach town in southern India nestled between the ocean at one end and the Nilgiri hills on the other..It's perfectly situated in nature's lap with greenery everywhere the eye could. Fab5 and Nandini were welcomed by the cold breeze coming from the ocean making them fresh and alive. Mukti said "Wow Nandini you grew up in a beautiful town. We miss all this in the hustle bustle and pollution of Mumbai." Nandini " Its even more beautiful I'll take you all for sight seeing soon." Cabir "Yes we love to sometimes its good to leave all that behind you and connect to yourself." Meanwhile Manik looked tensed, Nandini held his hand and said "Manik you can do it, Ams is gonna love you and I know it. Just be yourself there." Manik smiled and said "Yes I can, I will do it, make it happen". And they reached Ams home.

They couldn't believe what they were seeing. It was beautiful then a dream, tall coconut trees all around, beautiful flowers lilacs, roses and many more the smell of which filled their senses and amongst these a beautiful cottage illuminated by diyas which gave it an own old world charm. Nandini felt so good to be back home, her couldn't wait to see Ams. Suddenly a voice shouting "Nandu, Nandu" broke their trans; it was the loyal maid and the servant Lakshmi and Rama who came running to her and hugged her tightly. They were both crying and said "Aiyoo Nandu kitni patli ho gayi kuch khati nahi kya?" Nandini " Lakshmi akka relax main bilkul theek hoon, Ams kahan hai?" Lakshimi (Shouting) " Amma, Amma dekho kaun aaya hai?" Ams came running out and saw Nandini; they both ran to each other and hugged tightly.

Ams kissing Nandini's forehead "Kaise hai tu? Mujhe shanno ne Trilok kee baare mein bataya, I can't believe he can do this. He was good kid. Name and fame changed him." Nandini "Ams I am good and safe and all because of Manik, if he wouldn't have been there good knew what would happen."

Ams then looked and noticed Fab4 and Manik and asked angrily "What is he doing here? You have saved my Nandu and I am grateful for that beyond this you can leave." She started going back. Nandini "Ams Manik is a very nice guy and he is the best friend. You miss understood him. Please give him a chance to speak. Ams" Bas Nandu."  Cabir "No Ams you can't do this. I am sorry to be barging in, but I have to. This guy Manik whom you think rich, spoilt brat has the nicest of heart you will ever see. Ams We all are very less fortunate kids, we never had that  kind of love and care that you gave Nandini despite having parents, and we friends all 5 of us became a family and became those bullies as we were scared to be exploited by our family, this world. Manik, he always took the charge of protecting us, taking care of us. In him we found our every relationship that we wanted, he became our brother, friend, took care of us, worried for us like a mother, whereas he himself never got anything except a mother who used him as a blank cheque whenever she wanted." and Cabir's voice trailed off he was all teary and couldn't speak more, everyone over there.

Dhruv picked up saying "Ams you saw Manik punching me right, he was right in doing so as I crossed all my limits and insulted Nandini for no fault of hers. He punched be not beause he was angry but he was hurt. That fight was my fault, my insecurities got better off me and I hurt him. He is the bestest friend anyone can ask for and I almost threw that away, but he never gave up on me and always protected me. I misjudged that protection and care for choking. I was wrong Ams I was horribly wrong. Manik has the bust pain in his heart but he never showed, never asked; we always took him for granted. You said he is not a good friend you are wrong, he walked away from Nandini for me when he knew I liked her.

He walked away from that one girl whome he loved for his buddy who just liked her. Who can do this only world's greatest friend. I couldn't have done. Nandini, you asked me that day could I do that? No couldn't only Manik can do it. Their love is pure, the purest you will ever see Ams, please try and see it."

Alya said "Ams Manik is incomplete without us but he is equally incomplete without Nandini. don't take that love which he needs and deserves away from him."

Manik who was silent all this while, went near to Ams, held her hand and made her sit on a swing and he sat near her feet and said "Ams, I know we didn't meet the way we should have and that gave you wrong notion. But Ams Nandini is one person who saw good in me when I couldn't see it myself. She made me realize what love is, what life is; she is hope for me, hope that I am not god's least favorite child, hope that all relations in world are not give and take, hope that love makes life easy and I too can have that love. She is my start who shone for me at my darkest hour. She is the best thing I love about myself. I make mistakes a lot of mistakes as no one ever told me the difference between right and wrong. Your granddaughter is the most amazing girl I've seen and met and for some reason she choose to love me and trust me I am the luckiest guy cause she choose me. But Ams I need you too, your blessings, your love. As I am incomplete without my friends so is Nandini incomplete without you and me. I want us to complete her. Give me one chance to prove I am good enough for her plea..." And he couldn't speak more with teary eyes and choking voice.

Ams put her hands on his head lifted his face and wiped his tears and said "ok I will give you a chance to prove yourself that you are good for my Nandu. You have to be my student for 7 days and be under my discipline if you can do that you have my blessings." Manik was ecstatic "Yes Ams I will do it and I will take your blessings." Ams "Ok then we will start tomorrow morning at 4 am, Lakshimi show them their rooms." And she left.

End of chapter 3.

Let me know your views I'll be back soon with next chapter...

Ciao

Love...

Sweta

The Mangalore Diaries Chapter 4...

Ams permission to Manik was the first step in victory..They all were happy..Nandini hugged Manik tightly much to Lakshmi's horror who shouted "Aiyyo" at the top of her voice and ran to separate them "Nandu tumko kya ho gaya Rama, Rama". Looking at Manik "Isko haath mat lagana" Manik "What! Woh meri girlfriend hai" And a mini tug off war between Lakshmi and Manik started with Nandini in the middle at the end Cabir and Rama had to rescue Nandini.

They all settled in their rooms girls in Nandini's room and boys in a separate room. It was dinner time, they all gathered in a huge hall with beautiful teak wood pillars, they saw small stools and sitting mats all over. Ams came and said we have the tradition to eat on the ground I hope you all are ok. Mukti said "No problems Ams we can do this." They all settled down for supper, Manik was looking for Nandini Suddenly she walked in with a bowl full of food.. Rama and Lakshmi followed and all three of them served food. It was a simple south Indian fare nothing fancy but it was the most special meal for Fab5, a meal cooked and served with love and affection. Alya asked Nandini "Won't you join us?" Ams "We feed the guests first and them we eat." After they all had dinner Mukti walked to Ams and kissed her hands and thank you because of you I know what love looks when its served. 

As the night fell, Fab5 was on the terrace, soaking in the cool breeze. Dhruv said "We never experienced this calm in Mumbai." Cabir "True its all so quite and peaceful". Suddenly they heard collective laughter and looked down and saw Ams was messaging Nandini's hair and Lakshmi and Rama were sitting near by. They all were laughing and having a good time. At that moment they all envied Nandini. Alya said "All my life I thought designer clothes and late night parties are happiness; now i realised how shallow and incomplete we are." Mukti " You are right Alya, that girl has no fancy car, no designer clothes, she doesn't know how to party, but she knows how to live life, how to find happiness." They all went off to bed after some time.

It was 11.30 pm, everyone was fast asleep, Nandini walked onto terrace where Manik was lying, looking at stars. He called "Nandini" She asked "How do you know?" Manik " I don't need to look." Nandini "Why aren't you sleeping Manik? You have to be up at 4 am." She laid next to him covering them both with the blanket and kept her head on his chest. She said " You are nervous right?" Manik "How do you know?" Nandini "I know you by heartbeat" and raised her head slowly and planted a soft kiss on his forehead and said "We will do this together." Manik pulled her closer and kissed her forehead "Yes we will." And then they fell asleep watching the stars.

It was still dark but suddenly an alarm sound woke Manik up. It was Nandini dressed in a white salwar kameez, her duppatta was flowing in the wind and her wet hair dropped few droplets of water on Manik's face. He half opened his eyes and said "Beautiful." And suddenly felt water all around him, Nandini poured water on his face and said "Mr Malhotra stop being a romeo Ams will be waiting for you in next 15 mins and you shouldn't be late on first day itself." Manik "OMFG" Nandini "Language".

The rest of the Fab4 were still happily sleeping, all of a sudden they felt they were drowning on a pool of water. Cabir started shouting "Help help!" It was Rama and Lakshmi waking them up. Rama said everyone has to meet in courtyard in 30 mins, we all do puja together Ams has ordered. Cabir said "I so wanna kill Manik, uski love story and puja hum karein." Just then Manik entered saying "Woo hold on dude you only jumped in we all are together in this. Now go through it" Cabir "Im a fool." Mukti "Lo ise aaj pata chala".

They all came to courtyard at 4.30 am and saw a portrait of a very beautiful couple in love, adored with flowers in the middle, they all looked puzzled. Lakshmi said "Yeh Nandu ke Amma aur Appa hain. Aaj unka wedding day hai. hum har saal is sin puja karte hain." Manik looked at Nandini, she got her mom's beauty and dad's smile, she looked at Manik smiled at resumed her work. Manik realised she was sad as she was decorating her dead parent's portrait. A tear was about to fall when suddenly someone caught it, it was Manik. Manik "You know you look like your mom, she's very beautiful and you smile like your dad and both of them would be really sad to see their beautiful, brave daughter crying like this. Its the day of their love Nandini, you should celebrate it with love and smiles. Look at them they are so much love, celebrate their love. Cause your smile will make them smile, they are watching you from somewhere." Ams was standing behind them and heard all this there were tears in her eyes but she wan't sad.. test. She said "Nandu can we start the pooja?" Manik "Good morning Ams>" Ams " Good morning Manik, its the start of your test, day 1 of your challenge. As a parent I would like you to win, but you have to prove my Nandini right that you are the best for her. All the best.."

End of Chapter 4

Will be back soon, lemme know your comments.

Ciao Love,

Sweta

Please Drop in you pretty comments...