Diya Aur Baati Hum

** YOUR TAKE** - Page 3

GovindaGovinda thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I am not regular viewer of this show anymore and have not been on this forum either but thought of getting this out of my chest - I am very positive that I will offend few hard core DABH fans but ...😳
  • my opinion not trying to offend anyone and not trying to bring actors personal life, which I really do not care,  the show's failure to bring/show its magic has lot to do with actors personal lifes, what happened etc.  Everyone knows what I am trying to say - one can see it clearly when u watch the shows pre IPS and post IPS.  
  • having said that, even CVs lost interest in this show.  Writers, crew everyone lost their passion to make this No.1 - again one can see the difference Pre and Post IPS
  • Post IPS - wrong direction - writers were lost in their thoughts meaning they could not think how to incorporate IPS wife with normal family - started showing LP person, first day of work then boom - went down with Kavitha mess - lot of loose ends there it self - I know people disagree with me
  • then came the worst of all - HJ track - now writers have completely lost it - dragged it and finally when they ended it is a mess - on top of it, KD - that is even absurd
  • so to come out of HJ mess, they brought the leap - again worst thing - how could they show a parent giving their child with out properly thinking - this is final nail on the coffin with viewers like me - I could not bear that thought it self
  • Now kids - kids are cute but what r they showing - parents being manipulated by the kids - kids lying -
  • finally this Suraj dream - what the heck - does he need his son to make him think about his dream - what happened till now - did he think that they always will be in HG and never ever will be in outside world - that is what is wrong here - it should have been Sandhya who made him something more than hlwaii - she knows how talented he is - how hardworking he is - she never even thought about this
so my final analysis is - no proper story because there are no proper writers who knows how to write a script with IPS wife who is married to common man -  I have been saying from the beginning, becoming IPS one step but fulfilling IPS duty as well as a wife duty is even tougher that too with family like RP - instead of showing those struggles, the CVs brought every mess they can think of
on top of it, personal issues of the actors which makes it difficult to direct freely

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AhamyTed thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hmmm...
Coming here after weeks , nd aate hi I saw ur post 😊

Ders nothing left in the show that would actually intrigue me to watch it. I was quite loyal for the past 3 year's, a die hard fan...But nw there's nothing left to admire in the show.
I have stopped watching DABH. 
Post-IPS ws a total crap as GG said ...yet , I watched it wid full loyalty bcoz I wanted to see SurYa raising their family, nd moreover I loved AniKa's pair...
I was actually waiting for the leap , but wn it finally came , der ws nothing so interesting as I expected.🥱
More than pointing out other thing's , I wud lyk to say dt Off-screen issues had a very big impact on me...bcoz of which I lost my respect for the actors.
No proper script , lack of love towards the actors r the main reasons for me to leave.

Finally , better shows wid an intriguing nd fresh script are coming every single day...
Ppl wud prefer to watch those rather dn watching this unnecessary drag 🤢

Purely my POV .
Edited by AhamyTed - 8 years ago
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Script is the main reason for drop in ratings.

No intriguing factors.  The story should revolve around the leads and especially IPS and family and not just any one of it.

Leap not well planned.

Off-screen issues of actors certainly do have an impact but it is for a short period.  Good track and script can bring back the show to top if PH/CVs are interested.

I have completely stopped watching DABH in its regular time and just watch here and there of the repeats.  Only read updates in forum and sometimes comments on PH FB site.

My version of DABH ends with SurYa having twins (of course without baby donation).😆😆

Edited by b2011 - 8 years ago
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Almost all the shows on television are still stuck with the ' tried and tested formulas and predictable storylines/ tracks.
Look at SNS , Meri ashiqui tum se hi and other such shows .. they dont have anything new to offer ...I never want  DABH to follow such patterns and thankfully it has always been different.

Whenever DABH has tried to do something different or experimented with a new concept it always had a slow start , but came back with a bang during the climax.. I don't see any problem in the show especially when I compare it with other shows on-air or more specifically the shows in top 5. ... 4.6 Is not bad either , the shows which are having high trp compared to DABH last week  I doubt they can sustain .
Whats the use of high trp for one month and then fall off like anything?
Atleast DABH remains consistent

4.6 for leap with kids , storyline in the process of building up is pretty much decent..  Portrayal of Suraj after the bday incident has been superb.
Focus is always on Surya even now, but I believe the moments they shared when sandhya's was becoming an IPS should be brought back.. Heart to heart discussions and a bit of romance which has been the USP of the show.
Secondly, Some suspense factor should be added up for drama as simple storylines dont bring very high trps.

One more thing, Under the TAM trp system..It was never easy to hit  6 or 5 for all the shows, this new system seems to be working for every flop show is what Im really confused about..at the same time happy too that if such shows can get such high trp then DABH too can get good one.Im waiting for this week and next weeks trp to come to a conclusion.
Some interesting promos can always work.
I do have good expectations from this track...I m sure we will be back on top soon.
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have to agree with Bharati. Screen play is so tame that dabh now feels like a documentary than a drama .Suspense, comedy, romance and drama need to be added. Frankly bhabho in this avatar, is not providing aggravation factor that makes us root passionately for Sandhya.  I kind of relished gnashing my teeth at her.  More than anything, SurYa need to come closer. It need not be physical. We all fell in love with the Suraj who used to worship Sandy with just his gaze. They hardly touched in that first year but the chemistry was tremendous. Now it will be at a different wavelength, like that of soulmates. There can be some really great heart touching moments if they can bring back the creativity of the past.
I have to still say though, even at this point, dabh is better than all other shows out there.

Edited by Deebz - 8 years ago
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Deebz

I have to agree with Bharati. Screen play is so tame that dabh now feels like a documentary than a drama .Suspense, comedy, romance and drama need to be added. Frankly bhabho in this avatar, is not providing aggravation factor that makes us root passionately for Sandhya.  I kind of relished gnashing my teeth at her.  More than anything, SurYa need to come closer. It need not be physical. We all fell in love with the Suraj who used to worship Sandy with just his gaze. They hardly touched in that first year but the chemistry was tremendous. Now it will be at a different wavelength, like that of soulmates. There can be some really great heart touching moments if they can bring back the creativity of the past.

I have to still say though, even at this point, dabh is better than all other shows out there.

👏

i second you
those looks simply set the tv screen on fire
but the title card says same script writers and same dialogue writers
why arent they able to deliver  it

as you said dabh is far far better than crap tracks in almost all other shows

thala thumbnail

11 players make a team
each one has his own responsibilites when it comes to deliver
first half batting is over 
however be the low score
making a victory out of it is in the hands of the captain (SSP)

setting the field , rotating the bowlers, putting pressure on opposition
and tackling pressure for himself
one small mistake the match goes out of your hand
one tricky captainship you winn a match 

yesterday csk vs rcb 👍🏼
take a bow cap 😎

i think SSP has to take responsiblity and  rise from the ashes
they can do it
all you need is interest in doing it
if they are satisfied with what trp they are earning now
then i dont think we can see any improvement in the show 

but one thing i have to appreciate
dabh never relies on cheap drama to increase trp
omg the top5 shows have horrible , logicless, story
may be people like such arrogancy
if that is the case
iam happy with the current trp

Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thala  the main problem starts when a PH does not want work hard to regain the lost ratings..
Im sure if SSP works harder on the show things can change over night.

DABH has lost its top position before also , but PH was eager to come back with a bang.I remember when ratings were just 3.1 when Rajkumar track started.. When Sab se bada champion was introduced DABH was stuck at 3.7 only..

During the night college track , when ratings came out after ditigization of 3 months ...DABH lost its position, but they worked hard and came back with swami track. 
Every show has its share of ups and downs...Its just that they should not lose interest.
I can see, SSP is very busy overly promoting their new shows..Tu mera hero is having new promos every week..I wonder why they cant do the same for DABH.
thala thumbnail
simple sonali
ssp feels the best is over
now whatever they get as trp is just bonus
ssp is slow poisoning the golden egg laying hen