Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
did u listen to jadu hai nasha hai from jism. that song is very well sung by her .
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I somewhat agree with you.. She playbacks for many Telugu songs as well, it is annoying at times . But I think majority of her songs are beautiful to listen to...unless her voice becomes too sugary and unbearably sweet.Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 8 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Shreya is mighty talented, but I agree with you. Her voice doesn't do anything for me. Very generic and high pitched.
Sunidhi now on the other hand...damn! 
Rocky.Bhai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She has the most beautiful soothing voice... i love her
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

The reason people revere singers like Lata Mangeshkar, and lately Shreya, is because of their technical finesse and range. Listen to Lata is her prime, no other singer can hold a candle to her semi-classical renditions. In today's date, Shreya has that. Sunidhi may have a nice voice quality but she is a very limited singer. Most singers these days are studio singers, like Mohit Chauhan etc. When you hear them live, their shortcomings become apparent. Like Mohit can never sing a semi-classical song the way Arjit can, for example.

fair enough actually

but for some, I guess speaking for myself, that doesn't necessarily translate to me as a complete singer. Especially when it comes to playback singers

The way they use Shreya for nearly every actress and every song somehow creates an assumption that every girl has this lilty, light, high-pitched voice

when in reality that's not really the case. It sort of also creates an idea that most girls should have a voice like theirs, again, not the case.
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I disagree with you. She's got a beautiful voice ❤️
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
she got a beautiful voice
pallavi25 thumbnail
Most Indian music afficionados love the kind of sweet, melodious, classical voices that Lata ji had or Shreya has now. Their voices are like fine tuned flutes, mellifluous and honey-toned
 In the distant past the deeper voiced female singers were not appreciated but now they are liked as well, Sunidhi being the best example.
Its true many actresses dont have sweet, high-pitched voices so Shreya's voice may not match them but Bollywood audiences are used to playback singing not matching with actor or actress. They just appreciate the songs separately.
However, Shreya's expertise in classical notes and also her versatility is unmatched amongst current female singers in Bollywood.
DriftInfinitely thumbnail
^^ She may be a 'perfect' singer technically, but her voice is too high-pitched imo.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: CarrotCake

^^ She may be a 'perfect' singer technically, but her voice is too high-pitched imo.

That is HER natural voice just like for low pitched singers that is their natural voice.
 I believe in Western classical music, Shreya's voice type is called soprano and Sunidhi's type is called alto...each type of singer has her own niche. 
Some music lovers prefer sopranos, some like alto...that doesnt mean either is bad.
I find some alto female singers in the West too deep voiced for my liking. They almost sound like a guy is singing.