Katrina Kaif: I am secure enough with myself

Posted: 8 years ago

'I am secure enough with myself'

Says actress Katrina Kaif; states she wouldn't do a women centric film just for the sake that others are doing it

Avinash Lohana

May 5, 2015

While many leading actresses from the film industry like Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Anushka Sharma have been attempting strong female centric films, Katrina Kaif has kept away from that genre since a while. One could definitely recollect her role in Raajneeti, which had released back in 2010; however since then we haven't seen Katrina play strong female roles.

When we recently met the actress, we asked Katrina if she would want to do more female centric roles just like her contemporaries who have been garnering praises for their onscreen characters. To which she says, "See in my career and life I do what I believe in and what makes me happy. May be it's wrong but I genuinely don't look over my shoulder to see what other people are doing. So in my immediate plan the film which I am doing are the ones that excited me. Nitya Mehra's film is a new love story with a different take which excited me. Fitoor inspired me, and I think Ghattu's (Abhishek Kapoor) films and his ways of telling stories was something new to me. For Phantom, I have got a great relationship with Kabir (Khan) and we have been friends for years. It was a film which we did together and it was an interesting story. Jagga Jasoos which is Anurag Basu's film is also one excited to do." She further adds, "These are the films that I am doing. We are still shooting for Fitoor and Jagga Jasoos while for Nitya's film we will start shooting by the end of August, after the release of Phantom. So these are the films that interests and inspires me. If something comes to me which is supper exciting and interesting, and given that I have time, nothing will stop me from doing that film."

However, isn't she worried about not having a release for a long time? "I am secure enough with myself and in my work that even if I don't have a release for two years and if you have a good film, you'll be fine," Katrina says. Further, there were reports that she might star opposite John Abraham in Vipul Shah's Force 2. However, refuting the rumours Katrina says, "No, even I read that but I have no idea where that came from. It's not true."

Great interview, she is so well spoken and intelligent.
One should not just do a women oriented film just because it is a women oriented film! you should it only if it is a good film and good roles. Majority of women oriented films made in bollywood are horrible, very few of them are good.

She is getting great roles and film offers, her line up is the most impressive among all actresses currently. Each of her 4 films are different and all her roles are really interesting.
First nobody is offering her a womancentric movie why should she consider it. Her only good function is to stay next to the hero of the movie and trying to look at least beautiful. 
She doesnt do women-oriented movies cos she knows she would suck at it  
I'll give her credit for knowing her shortcomings. that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Are you reassuring yourself or telling us Miss Kat??
The result of your face don't agree with you, too bad

You can't act that why you don't get offers of such movies ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by ivory-pearl

'I am secure enough with myself'

Yeah sure hon, that's why you went under the knife many times and ruined your face big time in the process 😃

So...

https://38.media.tumblr.com/19dc9306d6bbf9c18296b019a357562f/tumblr_mwzd1f0JJS1rzik3go1_500.gif
😆😆
Secure people don't yell from the roof tops they are secure. Their actions speak. Your face however tells an entirely different story. 
The problem with Katrina is she talks a good game but what she says doesn't match up to the product she delivers. I need her to stop talking about doing "different" and "interesting" roles and wanting delve deeper as an artist and show me she can do that. I'll keep my expectations low until then. 
Originally posted by cougarTown

Secure people don't yell from the roof tops they are secure. Their actions speak. Your face however tells an entirely different story. 

People can be insecure about their looks but still be a secure person overall... Not defending Katrina but I dont think there is any actor in BW who is completely secure...im sure even SRK has his moments of insecurity even after all these years. 

all these actresses with or without their enhancements wud completely outshine most normal girls wen it comes to looks...it's jus bollywood that makes them insecure about it.
Edited by dietcoke1 - 8 years ago