Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flame.Of.Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: diva82

Aditi!! I loved your quotes!! Yess bring back my NANDINI!!!!1 SHE SHOULD HAVE PUNCHED PANDIT!
Get her the job, bring back my bold feisty nandini!!

@Bold - I don't agree with. Else I second you.

Love you more ❤️

Lemme do some kaam now. Zee sucks. True story.
Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am back😎 and did I see Rafz😲
BoxedIn thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Copy-pasting from last AT: 
Originally posted by: OneThatGotAway

Dhruv was never supposed to be ANYTHING. Dhruv was done for the day they casted Utkarsh for that role. He is  a sweet kid ... and all .. but he would NEVER be able to portray the intuitive , brooody whatever it is that you wanted to see in him. DhruNi franship. LEL. That ship sank before it even left the harbour. Because together MANIK and NANDINI were like Nuclear Warhead and B52-Stratofortress. NOBODY , I repeat NOBODY stood a chance uske aagey. Ab yeh Vikas ki galti hai that he casted two actors who have SUCH strong screen presence everyone else kinda fades into the background, and creatives ki marzi hai ke they gave all their attention to the characters they were to portray.

Manik before Nandini and Nandini before Manik were VERY one dimentional characters. It is with Manik that Nandini showed her fiesty , fiercely protective side and it is because of NANDINI that Manik was able to show his vulnerable , HUMAN side. No offence but his friends were obtuse morons and with them he was TopGun Moron.  It was ONLY after his interactions with Nandini that we were able to come to love him as BABA.

I missed this. 😆

See that is why I said 'supposed to be'. Kyunki acting ki baat karein toh Uttu, like you said, doesn't cut close to anything. My 'assumption' about Dhruv was mostly based on the good dialogues they used to give him, or the way he could divert Manik from his temper tantrums. Point is, he had a mind of his own even if Manik treated him like a teddy bear which needed constant cuddling. 
Same can be said for most of the cast apart from PaNi. CC has about two and a half expressions in her repertoire, so I still don't know who or what her true lou is. Abhishek looks forever confused and that worked as long as Harshad had some mystery, and Ayaz is plain lazy most of the time. So even if they get tracks, they don't work for the audience. so like you yourself said- story becomes all MaNan, saare layers bhi MaNan.  
.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: TheShipWeirdo

:OOO
How dare you tell us that.

BACHCHI🤗 🤗 Its okay babe. You're special too!<333
TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posting it again - 
Few things that didn't go down well with audience in general I think are
1. Making Harshad the black guy, he was far better in grey tones. 

2. Soha track did nothing good - It took away core story from Cabir. It diluted his struggle. 
3. Dhurv Alya - So much potential but again they are not visible because too much focus on new entry
4. Dhruv Manik confrontation - waited so much for it, and hath laga thainga ...😆. Wasted to again because new entry Pandit. 

5. Useless track of Abhi---What he did with Nandini, existing characters would have done...he was not needed for that. And with Mukti whats the use? where is her growth? She is still the same..

6. MaNan coming out in front of Fab 5 - was such a fuss bomb. 

All these happened after initial 70 odd episodes. Actually they could have wrapped it up in 100 episodes. They lost there way moment it got extended. 

I wrote to Richa today, that first 70 episodes were love. They were match the good k dramas in terms of presentation, plot and story. Concerns started when they did carry them forward in an acceptable way. 
Edited by TheFaerieQueen - 8 years ago
CooChi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Can someone now list out some good things about the show.Or else m very near to a heart attack.
I m feeling a lump in my throat.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@TFQ - Actuallyu Soha time still MaNik and Nandini were better placed. Other characters had stuff to do but we never really cared coz of bad acting.
Manik-Nandu as relationship were stable, that friendship was the most normal thing they can do . Worked as team.

Mukti had lel track with Abhi but they gave her that opportunity but Charlie cannot act.

Dhruv-Alya had legit potential relationship troubles, bad acting.

Cabir , Ayaz f**ked up the angst with lel sucide.

Navya had a whole week of track around her pregnancy ,but Veebhas's ghost eyes

So I don't really understand the cribbing that core characters never got focused , they had track but it never could be executed because limitations as actors and we never cared.

Soha's delusions actually didn't affect much but we were annoyed coz idea of anyone romancing Manik or Nandu is repulsive.

Abhi was nice sounding board to Nandu, you could actually for once hear Nandu's thoughts. That scene where she shares her fears about toxic relationship with manik was such love. 

Exactly , they have always left Nandu's tracks without taking them forward- consistent from day 1. like the job to Veena, they tried giving her something through Pandit but then lalsa f**ked itup. 

If you want Nandini to be anything beyond Manik then you would have to give her someone new , as a link outside SPace. Otherwise it si difficult to cut Manik.

The glaring lack of build up for Nandu's thing with family then , her music, Amms ( 100 episodes and no phone call to her Granny)- that shortchanged her. 

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
The thing is if you like  the show, you should be able to appreciate it, not find it hard. We are not nitpicking here for the sake of it. This AT has been dedicated to appreciating tracks when it was good and Musicana had many of us angry but no one was fatigued and willing to give up on the show. But right now we are at crossroads for the show, a lot of us who watched and appreciated from the beginning are feeling the pinch Its important to bring it to the notice of the Cvs before its too late
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Boxter - I am your obvious self. 😆
@CooChi - I feel ya, this has happened to me since Boxter started poking. Now that she has stopped enabling , I look for action from banal things . Imagine MaNan twirling hugging and someone telling you, this is all toxic . 

Soha track was at the right moment for every character, the whole 1 hr thing robbed it and they all were too tired . I so wanted fab5 split them but huggies happened.
CooChi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: charminggenie

@TFQ - Actuallyu Soha time still MaNik and Nandini were better placed. Other characters had stuff to do but we never really cared coz of bad acting.

Manik-Nandu as relationship were stable, that friendship was the most normal thing they can do . Worked as team.

Mukti had lel track with Abhi but they gave her that opportunity but Charlie cannot act.

Dhruv-Alya had legit potential relationship troubles, bad acting.

Cabir , Ayaz f**ked up the angst with lel sucide.

Navya had a whole week of track around her pregnancy ,but Veebhas's ghost eyes

So I don't really understand the cribbing that core characters never got focused , they had track but it never could be executed because limitations as actors and we never cared.

Soha's delusions actually didn't affect much but we were annoyed coz idea of anyone romancing Manik or Nandu is repulsive.

Abhi was nice sounding board to Nandu, you could actually for once hear Nandu's thoughts. That scene where she shares her fears about toxic relationship with manik was such love.

Exactly , they have always left Nandu's tracks without taking them forward- consistent from day 1. like the job to Veena, they tried giving her something through Pandit but then lalsa f**ked itup.

If you want Nandini to be anything beyond Manik then you would have to give her someone new , as a link outside SPace. Otherwise it si difficult to cut Manik.

The glaring lack of build up for Nandu's thing with family then , her music, Amms ( 100 episodes and no phone call to her Granny)- that shortchanged her.

Being a hardcore AbhiNi shipper..I want Nandu mourning Abhi's death scene.
They haven't given us a proper closure of AbhiNi.
He was a darling friend and I would love to watch it.