Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

First Look: Sonam Kapoor in and as Neerja (Page 4)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Quixotic-Frenzy

Originally posted by .Hajmola.

What's with the Sonam bashing as soon as the first look is out? Dont worry...this film was rejected by all your own favorite actresses and then only came to useless Sonam. So move on as there is nothing to feel any sort of regret about.
Its hilarious how most of us dont even know about this lady or this incident and yet everyone's heart is bleeding for her.

You know a simple Google search reveals who this lady was . LOL

Yeah and immediately hearts start bleeding as if you know her as a member of your family?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nierembergiakitkatahaG..OATDianaPrince

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 03 May 2015 at 11:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by BollyFanLuver

Originally posted by LondonDarling

Neerja's family are happy with Sonam playing her but people at IF are not. LOL.

<font color="#339999">Yup! That got me lmao because her casting was such an insult to her memory & family wishes!Silly</font>
<font color="#339999">Now with that gone, it is going to be something something else. Pure entertainement.LOL</font>

What family wishes ? .. other than you , I dont recall anybody saying that it was against the family wishes .. if someone did then I must have missed it , please direct me towards those posts if you can ..

As for the worthless hideous I-Kaun being cast to portray this brave soul , her family may now be OK with it , makes sense to extract such statements & attach it with the first look & I am sure there is more of family talk to come but that doesn't change the fact it is indeed disrespectful to the memory of the brave soul .. of all actresses, IKaun was the worst choice every which way to essay this role .. and you can go " Silly " as much as you want .. that you always were .. LOL

If your favorite ie DP/Anu/Aish/Any Alist actress rejected it and they still wanted to go ahead with a known face what should have the producers done to escape your wrath?

Btw Neeraja's brother on Sonam's casting:

Sonam is the right choice'

Neerja Bhanot's brother Aneesh talks about the biopic on his sister's life, and reveals why his family is staying away from the film

Harshada Rege

There's a whole generation that doesn't know about Neerja Bhanot, the flight attendant who sacrificed her life to help passengers on the hijacked Pan Am Flight 73 on September 5, 1986. With news of a biopic on her life starring Sonam Kapoor, there is renewed interest in the braveheart, who was two days shy of turning 23 when the incident took place. Neerja is survived by her two brothers Akhil and Aneesh, who now live in Chandigarh with their mother Rama and the rest of the family. Her father, Harish, worked as a journalist for over 30 years and passed away in 2008. The family is happy that a movie is being made on Neerja's life.

Speaking to us over the phone Aneesh says, "The producers had approached us sometime ago about the project and we gave them our nod. My family and I were extremely happy when we heard that a movie was being made on her life."

While Milkha Singh was involved in his biopic, the Bhanots are not involved creatively in the project. They have left it to producer Atul Kasbekar to do justice to their loved one's memory. Says Aneesh, "I totally trust Atul and his sensibilities. I am sure he will handle the project with great care." The family is far away from the film world and decided to leave it to the experts', "We don't know much about the technicalities of movie-making, so we aren't really getting into it."

Aneesh reveals that they are pleased that Sonam has been selected to play Neerja on the big screen, "She is the right choice. I have seen her work and I really liked her in Raanjhanaa." When asked if the family believes that the film should have been made sooner, he says, "I have no complaints. I am happy that the movie is being made now. My father wanted to write a book on her, but that didn't happen."

While most people know little about her except how brave she was, this brother recalls how she was also a toughie, "She was the youngest among us siblings, but she kept us under her thumb. It was her word that was followed in our house." When asked what aspect of her personality he hopes gets translated on celluloid, Aneesh is quick to say, "Her sense of discipline and compassion. The fact that she stayed back to look after the passengers. She was the one who opened the emergency door, if she wanted, she could've been the first person to jump out and escape. But she didn't. That sense of responsibility and compassion that she had, is something I hope the world gets to see."

Today, it is easy to talk about Neerja but when it was fresh, it was difficult for them to cope with the grief. Specially given the media focus on the case and curiosity about his sister. Aneesh recalls, "It was extremely difficult. I went back to work three days after the incident, so did the other people in my family. It was our way of dealing with our emotions. When you are at work, you keep busy. But it was more difficult for my mother. She used to be at home and it was very tough on her."

[email protected]

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nierembergiakitkatahaMoonshadow.

LEO88 IF-Dazzler
LEO88
LEO88

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeinCumberbitch

Can't buy Sonam being serious.
And that voice of hers Dead

If u can buy Deepika's voice am sure u'll b able to buy sonams voice 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheAquaCapriMeherbaan

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:23am | IP Logged

What's with the Sonam bashing as soon as the first look is out? Dont worry...this film was rejected by all your own favorite actresses and then only came to useless Sonam. So move on as there is nothing to feel any sort of regret about.
Its hilarious how most of us dont even know about this lady or this incident and yet everyone's heart is bleeding for her.

You know a simple Google search reveals who this lady was . LOL

Hajmola , editing my reply here as my post limit is over for the day -

Good point , who is Neerja really ?.. not my family member so why even bother .. bleeding hearts are reserved for Sonam criticisms , she is after all the bigger star , at least on this forum .. LOL

I think any other well known actress would have been OK in this role , but IKaun was the worst possible choice ..

And this isn't about saving the producers from my wrath , the decision has already been made .. this is about me criticising & voicing my opinion over the horrible casting for this iconic role , I Kaun for an iconic role is a big joke ..

Yes, Neerja's brother's quotes are already available in the topic post .. its good that at least family members are OK or seem to be OK with it ..but where are you going with this ? .. are you saying that it should change my opinion too ? LOL

Thats what I am saying-Maybe everyone else rejected it and then it came to Sonam? Many names were associated with this film/Madhwani's debut. From Kajol to Kareena to Aishwarya to Kangana to Anushka. Perhaps they all rejected it and then they went to Sonam and it worked out? 
While you are free to feel and say anything...why go 'OMG she is so bad!' from the first look itself? Trailer would be a place to start, you know?
rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:29am | IP Logged
I don really care about the criticism Sonam is receiving for her lack of acting skills or how this is downright horrible casting but i find it utterly hilarious to see ppl feel sorry for Neerja & her family LOLSo much concern & love for them is kinda overwhelming LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LEO88CineFanLuverDianaPrinceTheRager

dietcoke1 Goldie
dietcoke1
dietcoke1

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:30am | IP Logged

Thats what I am saying-Maybe everyone else rejected it and then it came to Sonam? Many names were associated with this film/Madhwani's debut. From Kajol to Kareena to Aishwarya to Kangana to Anushka. Perhaps they all rejected it and then they went to Sonam and it worked out? 
While you are free to feel and say anything...why go 'OMG she is so bad!' from the first look itself? Trailer would be a place to start, you know?

actually the trailer is something too far off in future...casting is a big thing...it can make or break a film

Edited by dietcoke1 - 04 May 2015 at 12:32am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Pro.vo.King--

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

I don really care about the criticism Sonam is receiving for her lack of acting skills or how this is downright horrible casting but i find it utterly hilarious to see ppl feel sorry for Neerja & her family LOLSo much concern & love for them is kinda overwhelming LOL

THIS!

Originally posted by dietcoke1

actually the trailer is something too far off in future...casting is a big thing...if u get the right cast it can make all the difference...look at DDD...it has all good actors n team players so that gives the movie credibility to begin with...The minute u take a non-actor it has already become an uphill task for the movie...

While I share everyone's sentiments here on Sonam's acting skills but she has given a few decent performances like Ranjhana. Maybe she wont be so bad with a good director. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

Pirated_Fun IF-Rockerz
Pirated_Fun
Pirated_Fun

Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:43am | IP Logged
First of all this is not a poster 
Secondly she is not bad actress the way she is made out in IF .

Someone said Neerja's family is happy Sonam playing her ..If people are hating it because most of them wanted their favorite to play this real hero .

I like always would say ,Sonam kudos ,your script sense is awesome ,I know this film will work for you .

Sonam is actually choosing her films pretty well .Even Dolly ki doly was not a bad film ...

She does not have much sex appeal ,One of the reason , she is not that popular  is she is not sexy..Is not this an objectification of a woman ..Just to be sexy before knowing acting .If you are sexy nothing else matters ...

Edited by Jugni-Udi - 04 May 2015 at 12:44am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CineFanLuverDianaPrince

Go to top