~ FAWAD KHAN AT 32~ Kapoor and Sons shoot starts - Page 111

Posted: 8 years ago

Nalini Rathnam retweeted Fawad Khan FC

Great to be acknowledged in this interview...

Nalini Rathnam added,

Fawad Khan FC @TeamFawadAKhan
Here is #FawadKan 's interview with #Siddysays on Vimeo. Enjoy :) https://vimeo.com/129702614 

Musical chairs

Saturday, 6 June 2015 - 6:00am IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: dna | From the print edition

Increasingly, most big projects have multiple cast changes leading to a lot of confusion in different projects. We take a look at some films that have had major changes in the casting department.

Shuddhi
It started with Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor Khan teaming up on screen after a huge gap. Karan Johar's Shuddhi, since then has seen a host of actors being considered for the reincarnation drama. After Hrithik walked out of the project citing health and personal issues, Kareena too decided to opt out. After that. Karan supposedly approached Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone who chose Bajirao Mastani over his film. After that Salman was announced as the lead but shortlt after, he opted out giving way to young actors Alia Bhatt AND Varun Dhawan. Let's just hope there are no more changes in the casting.

Bajirao Mastani
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's dream project with Salman Khan playing Bajirao and Kareena playing Mastani hit a roadblock when the project was put on the backburner. After Khamoshi and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Bhansali and Salman's big-budget collaboration was put on hold as he started work on Ram Leela with Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh. When he revived the project, he was so impressed with his Ram Leela actors that he decided to repeat them in his magnum-opus as well.

Paani
Shekhar Kapur who has been working on his most ambitious project Paani for over 13 years now finally found his protagonist in young actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Much before that Hrithik Roshan had been approaced. This was one film that even had speculations of Hollywood actors like Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson and John Travolta being a part of the project.

Ram Lakhan
Producer Karan Johar has refuted all claims of actors whose names have been considered for the remake of the iconic Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit starrer Ram Lakhan. While it has supposedly been confirmed that Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra have been finalised, reports suggest there is a toss up between Pakistani hearthrob Fawad Khan and Varun Dhawan.

Bombay Velvet
Anurag Kashyap's most ambitious project that fared poorly at the box-office didn't have any takers for the longest. Anurag who had the script since the past eight years approached almost every actor in B-town before the film finally went to Ranbir Kapoor. Before RK Jr, Saif Ali Khan, Aamir Khan and even Hrithik Roshan were considered to play the lead. None of them, however, showed any interest in the project.

Dil Dhadkne Do
Zoya Akhtar's story about a dysnfunctional family had a lot of contendors to play the role of siblings, finally played by Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh. It was a well-known fact that Zoya wanted to bring together real-life cousins Ranbir Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor for the film. Though the two had liked the script and had even expressed interest initially, they eventually backed out citing date issues.

Mr Chaalu
Khoobsurat 
actor Fawad Khan is becoming a hot favourite with B-Town's filmmakers. After her bagged Karan Johar's Kapoor & Sons, he was signed on by Reema Kagti for Mr Chaalu. Reema's initial choice for the role for the Nawab of Pataudi Saif Ali Khan and though he had agreed to be a part of the film, payment issues led to his ouster from the project. After that Shahid Kapoor was approached but he too turned it down. Kangana Ranaut was to star opposite Saif originally and now Priyanka is playing the role.

Sarabjit biopic
Hansal Mehta's biopic on Sarabjit Singh was to have Kangana Ranaut reprise the role of his sister Dalbir Kaur. After Hansal walked out of the project, Kangana too expressed her displeasure and excused herself. Soon after, Sonakshi Sinha's name sprung up. Recently, after Omung Kumar has stepped into Hansal's shoes, Priyanka Chopra is being speculated to play the said role.

Edited by .Hajmola. - 8 years ago
Hoping that the above rumors are true
Mr.Chalu is more or less confirmed i guess. 
But Ram Lakhan😕 Highly doubt Kjo will repeat the same trio. But we never know😆 I ll be glad as long as we all get to see FK on screen😃
I will love to see him in a SLB film in future,specially if there is a intense roll for fawad like ajay devgan played in HDDCS.fawad has beautiful expressive eyes, SLB must choose him for an intense love story.
For those who were waiting...I saw pics of Tiger leaving for IIFA. No news of Fawad there yet. So Tiger will win the best debut there. 
After Rishi Kapoor's tweet never expected FK to go to IIFA... So tiger will anyways get it
I wonder if Alia too finally left for Conoor. As she hasnt been active on social media nor seen in Mumbai since Rishi's tweet. 
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

I wonder if Alia too finally left for Conoor. As she hasnt been active on social media nor seen in Mumbai since Rishi's tweet. 

I hope so
Ok so I do like Fawad-Varun pairing more than Fawad-Sid onscreen. 
Haha. Its funny coz when SOTY released,I liked Sid a lot. But then I think as I saw more of his films,I felt he's monotonous with his acting. Varun though has shown more range #Badlapur <3