Kangana Ranaut receiving National Award for Queen.

Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

National Awards: Kangana Ranaut Collects Best Actress Award

Written by: Chandni Prashar   | May 03, 2015 18:40 IST (New Delhi)
inShare
COMMENTS
Shashi Kapoor

Kangana earlier told NDTV she was in a very fulfilling phase of her life. Image courtesy: DD National

Kangana looked ravishing in a silver cut-out dress with a cape

Actress Kangana Ranaut collected her National Award today at a ceremony in New Delhi. The awards were handed out by President Pranab Mukherjee.

Kangana, who does not attend Bollywood award shows (and wasn't present to collect the Filmfare prize for Best Actress she won this year), looked ravishing in a silver cut-out dress with a cape.

Kangana received the Rajat Kamal for Best Actress for her acclaimed performance in 2014's Queen while Kannada actor Vijay received the Rajat Kamal for Best Actor for Nanu Avanalla Avalu.

Kangana, for whom this is the second National Award after her Best Supporting Actress win for 2008's Fashion, spoke to NDTV a few hours before she received the award. She said she was thrilled when she heard she'd won and revealed that she was in a very fulfilling phase of her life where everything seemed picture perfect. "I am very happy that there is pressure on me, I think I can deal with it" she said.

Director Chaitanya Tamhane and actor-producer Vivek Gomber received the Swarn Kamal for Best Feature Film for Court.

Director Vishal Bhardwaj, whose film Haider won in five categories, collected his awards for Best Dialogues and Music Direction.

Sukhwinder Singh collected the award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song Bismil from Haider while Dolly Ahluwalia received her award for Best Costume Design for the same movie.

Vikas Bahl, who directed Kangana in Queen, collected the award for Best Hindi Film along with director Vikramaditya Motwane, who co-produced the film with Anurag Kashyap.

Chotushkone director and writer Srijit Mukherji received the Rajat Kamal for Best Original Screenplay.

Actor Shashi Kapoor, 77 and unwell, was unable to travel to Delhi to collect the Dadasaheb Phalke Award. He will receive it in Mumbai on May 20.

Actors Pallavi Joshi and Rajat Kapoor hosted the presentation ceremony.

The National Awards were announced on March 24.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This was same as Saif getting one for HT :/
Tabu was more deserving :/
One doesn't need to send nude pictures to the President to get a National Award. 
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Omg look at those arms. Ageing or just not eating anything? Kang wasn't like this before. -.-
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tu kanti big ben di...pura london thumakda. ..🥳