The moments this week that deserve appreciation

Posted: 8 years ago
Despite all the drag and stagnation that has largely put me off the storyline, this week's epis had some surprisingly beautiful moments that definitely deserve to be talked about.

On first pass and even now when  you think about it, there was SO much going on in the epis this week that it takes a while for it all to soak in and it is only after that the parallels in the storyline b/w Manik-Nandini start to emerge...so a few thoughts that came to me...and this is in no particular order since I kinda watched the epis out of order too😆

1) The night that Nandu was drunk, on top of that car...she says to Manik, "Tum na...in (stars) ke chakkar mein mat pado...tum mere saath raho, and I...I will shine for you"

Cut to Fireflies confession night, Manik extracts 3 Humeshas from Nandu..."You will always shine for me"..."You will always trust me"..."You will always keep me in your prayers"...and Nandu ever so earnestly gives him these three "promises" if you will.

Many trials and tribulations later...which I won't get into since the story has dragged them long enough😆...we now reach what they both call "our day" in their own words😆

The girl who hated stars planned a surprise for Manik that consisted mainly of stars shining down, not just for him but for THEM...how sweet a thought is that?  And I loved the smile he gave her when she said this to him...this wondrous awe:

And Manik himself...knowing that it is always the fireflies that light up her face again brought those back for her...and not just that, went about giving HER promises of humesha this time...from the actual "I love you" to even later on in the bit when he returns the musical tie to her...there is a brief bit where she goes, "I thought I lost it..." and he goes, "aur mujhe mil gaya"...lost and found again...that felt like a theme...cuz the entire premise of this bit was that she felt she had lost him...the tie signified that loss...and then he goes on to reiterate firmly that she will never lose that tie again or him...and he seals that promise with a kiss on her palm:

2) I also loved the portion where yet again metaphorically speaking just as Nandu's "hope" was drowning in the rain washing out the candles that were part of her surprise, Manik saves her hope in the form of that one candle and the touched smile on her face which he also responds to with a smile is so lovely :)

3) In the fireflies kiss episode, in a sense it became about Manik silently seeking her permission to kiss her...and it was his words that she has changed him from Monster Manik to simply Manik that moved her enough to give him that silent permission through her eyes...while in this case, yet again it was an admittance, a declaration of sorts from Manik that floored Nandini enough to initiate the kiss this time...they came full circle😆

4) My absolute favorite bit...the couch scene and the gorgeous contentment of it all

Major props to whoever visualized this scene...and then to the director and actors for totally nailing it in terms of execution👏👏...this scene had that feeling of coming home that I think a lot of fans have waited for...it was everything that Manik-Nandini are...the natural comfort level b/w them, the contentment of finally being able to soak in the feeling of being in each other's arms after all the running around they had to do to get to that point...lol...the awe of the fireflies...especially reflected in Nandini's eyes as they indicate almost a marvel of sorts, again a contentment that her fireflies proved right in the end and brought her home...to Manik :)

In all of this, Manik's smile as he watches her fascination with the fireflies is ❤️...and their fingers as always speak a language of their own on the side even as they talk about other things...the subconscious interaction of their fingers added another level to this scene...her tracing out the "I love you" on his hand, constantly twining/untwining her fingers through his, or all in all both of them just caressing each other's hands as if TREASURING each other...finally being able to treasure each other without any tensions hanging over their head...that is what made it beautiful...

*sigh* I just needed to blab😆...Feel free to post your thoughts too :)

This week was really beautiful.
You mentioned it all.

Preferring others choice over them self. Stars for Manik and Fireflies for Nandini as their happiness lies in others. So them.

Manik saving a candle was such a sweet gesture.

Tie always represents them - two different notes connected. They are different (yet similar) destined to be together and love connects them.
They are individually flawed but together they are perfect.

Palm kiss was is so special it signifies giving your heart to the other as you trust that she will treasure it and take good care of it. 

Egg scene again Manik's antics were really cute expecting for an egg shower and Nandini's mischievous smile while teasing him was so nice.
Woo ow, Kiss is again closing the loop.😆 This kiss was intense, passionate and sensual.

My absolute favorite bit is also the couch scene. They were at peace, at home. They were literally glowing in their love and cherishing and relishing in the movement.
So pleasant, so serene.
And their hands always have their own language. It was shot aesthetically.

They both always had a special and sweet smile playing on their lips, twinkling eyes and sparkling and glowing face.

Last definitely not the least I applaud all for giving such a visual treat (I won't pinpoint, that will be unfair )👏👏👏

Thank you for this post. 😛You penned down beautifully. There hardly anything to add.
Edited by pavi_ - 8 years ago
THIS IS WHY I LOVE TO READ WHEN EVER YOU POST 
Bang on post.
you never miss out to mention when and where they need  appreciation the most, though you have problem with the drag fest and dimming the characters.

Accept everything you wrote here and love the way you did.

Those are the beautiful moments to cherish for which we waited this long for .                                                                   
 Accept with all the drag related post's in the forum .. cvs need the reality check ofcourse
My way of watching ky2 is in nadinis style ...finding positive in negitives😃
Afterall its a teenage show who's decisions will be impulsive most of the times..I make this as my justification.. no show can be perfect and end of the day it's just a show bt worth watching till now as they attemped to try in different way ..and I have other things to appreciate too. 

Sorry to post my random  thoughts about ky2 here,please ignore if you feel like.
Here I take my leave and thanq so much for the post.

P.s. Miss you and your gifs in manan at as that's the only place I stalk 
P.s.s. Love the way you gif that particular small beautiful scenes which gives immense manan feels😃
Cause when you pen such, you are ❤️

Edited:

Those moments are just Love, Love, Love... There is reason why love make you want to do things you don't like, but you still do it cause it makes the one you love, happy and in return makes you happy. How simply the tables just turn when you fall in love, and I always wonder why, there must be a cause an effect, you can feel it but can you explain it... 

See the philosophy of love is very simple, you get what you give and vice verse. After all as you stated it's a full circle, and the only way to come to that full circle of love is letting go of fear, fear it self. If we can feel love while observing fear, we have come full circle, and that's exactly what  Manik and Nandini have shared, their fear, their love, their togetherness, them becoming one by letting go...

Edited by -Aarya- - 8 years ago
AY🤗
After rewatching that couch scene again, I noticed that I could not..just could not take my eyes off their hands...so for a particular rewatch, i finally let go and only focused on them...and it was so beautiful...the way they were talking, lulled me into a feeling of contentment too...it was just beautiful. I have seen some really beautiful scenes (rare but there) in desi shows...but none makes the top of the list as this one does.

I agree totally with the parallels that you have pointed out..and just wanted to add one more, during the anda bit..

Manik tells nandini: 'I'm yours'. The fact that he said it, not only in reference to the eggs( which was immediate) but was also verbalizing what he felt with a kind of serene submission to her, despite his fear of getting hit by eggs, was adorable.
He almost sighed 'I'm yours'
It really touched me.

Anyway, then I went back and ignored their hands and noticed ONLY their expressions..and they were so happy and serene...like I have been gushing about this scene for days, and I still can for days to come.

I loved that he saved that one candle, that hope for her, and when she had lost ALL conviction that there was any light left..he brought it out..

The fact that he lifted her up just as he had taught her to float...he is the wind beneath her wings (as cheesy as I sound, it was what I thought while watching that scene). The way he was looking at her throughout with a sweet, tender smile and passion and love in his eyes..
I think it was visually very very beautiful, and with the setting and the lighting and the angles, the moments in the confession were simply magical..

I loved reading this post :)

okay... u've just made me into a big puddle of mush... so i res 😳

come back when my thoughts get aligned 😉

p.s. the couch scene and everything that made it, and every action and reaction is consisted of was pure ❤️
and i love the gifs u chose... absolutely perfect...

can i just say that my eyes are (again) glued to the way their hands interact...❤️
Because AreYaar knows me and legit listed out my favourite bits.
nur...lovely post
yup this week we had some really good MaNan scenes...

i also loved the anda proposal a lot...he wanted to start the new journey as equals..the whole scene was so simple yet impactful..

Firstly.. Those gifs

Secondly.. Anu connecting Manik's candle saving to 'Hope'😲😛

-The moments I want to mention..in order..starts from the lift in rain.. although its suddenness cracked me up.. I got why Manik lifted her up.. seeing her enjoying the rain he wanted to give her better.. to feel closer to the sky pouring down the rain.. to help her float in the feel of it. I hope I made sense😳

-Manik:These fireflies..aur ye jagah connected us.
Nandini:Forever..Humesha.

Wed epi:

-I liked Manik's simple words "I love you...Humesha"

-I don't have to mention the kiss right?😆

-Giving her the opportunity to do the same things he had done with her in the past-The egg, ice-cream, drink was a way of redemption for him. It was really thoughtful. Also Nandini making it clear to him that it doesn't matter any more.

-About the tie.. I wonder about the tie he had for himself with another musical note..that connected them.. which made the musical tie special. But seems the CV has forgotten about it😕

-I loved all the kisses in this epi.. from the palm kissing to the back of the shoulder on the couch and nuzzling her ear. They looked natural..real not superficial.. seems like the ppl concerned have taken the feedback😃

-The couch scene.. you said it all❤️
So beautiful..so natural..what MaNan are all about.. the comfort level.. the feeling of oneness..celebrating their togetherness in their own way..away from the world and the chaos of life.. carefree.. it was just them in their little world.. that whole setup including them gave a homely feeling.. and PaNi played that scene ever so naturally.. not even once did it come across as graphical.. The love..happiness..calmness and contentment showed on their face.. glowed in their eyes..
And my most favourite bit there was Nandu's way of conveying the words I ❤️ U to him followed by the entwining of their fingers I loved it more than Manik's huge I LOVE U with lights but I get why he chose it too.. anything that puts or brightens the smile on her face-he would do it.. n he knew this would do it as well.

So that's about it.. some truly meaningful, romantic and magical moments from last week😃
Edited by shibz - 8 years ago