Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Nandini's character RUINED

SaMaiRa. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Before people jump on me, let me just put this out there that this is strictly my opinion and how I feel about the character. You are welcome to disagree. I am (actually 'WAS' after Friday) an ardent viewer and fan of this show and off-course MaNan.
This is my first topic on this forum and shall be my last.

For me, KY2 lost it's charm a while ago but for me to stop watching, I needed some form of closure to MaNan (confession?). I got that, although it was not too satisfying for me personally, I got my closure regardless and I can finally say this is the end for me officially.

A lot of things went wrong with this show. The extreme drag-fest, the khichdi of the hate-hope-fusion(concert/competition???)-mergers -random cameos- social message-mental breakdown-victim-love realization-kidnap track (????????... still not sure what I shall call this sad excuse of a track), and most of all the downwards slope the character development has gone into. *sigh* ESPECIALLY Nandini's character.

No doubt this stupid track made me give up on this show completely and disconnect myself but the pace at which they ruined Nandini's character for me made me give up on MaNan and her character as a whole. What is Nandini's identity beyond Manik? She is just reduced to a crying bimbo who irritates me with her lectures and antics. She is definitely not the feisty and spunky Nandini I totally loved who had some type of blurry ambition, goals, and other aspects in her life. Now she has turned into a damsel who is always in distress who needs "saving" from her hero HUMESHA. *ROLLING MY DAMN EYES*. Not to mention her random crying and then her random OTT chirpyness. She has turned irritating for me as a viewer. Girl, if your life at 17 revolves ONLY around one guy and NOTHING else, I don't know what to say. It's not about being career-minded. I understand that some girls are just not ambitious (which is stupid in this case because as far as I remember, she did have some sort of ambition in life in the beginning of the show) but she has just been reduced to a prop who is just there for Manik. πŸ₯± There is absolutely no substance to her anymore. NOTHING. What is the the difference between her and let's say a Gopi Bahu at this point? Both cry at any given situation. Both are damsels in distress with absolutely no life beyond their better halves. Both believe in OTT symbolism such a stupid fusion-whatever. What is the the difference AT THIS POINT? That's not what I've signed up for. Her character seriously left me super bitter about this show because she was my favorite from the beginning. The rest of them toh I stopped caring about long back. But when you mess with one of the core characters, it ruins it for me. The romance isn't fresh or unique anymore either. It got redundant after the 86484975976584-th miss kiss and 967576586468-th eyelock. Even the kiss didn't leave an impact on me because they diluted the build-up to this confession with so much crap that the final product was predictable and kind of known. Plus, Nandini's stupid grinny and OTT coy-ness in the aftermath of the scene just left me all bleh about it.Don't even get me started about the rest of the characters and those dumb social message campaigns. At the end, Nandini turned into a chirpy child-bimbo who always needs to be saved and Manik turned into a mushy lover-boy Romeo. I'm having a hard time differentiating between stupid Gul Khan serials and KY2 now. 

Anyways, that was my rant which went all over the place. I have so much more on my mind but I'm just done... I'm so glad that I got over my obsession with this show. It was good once upon a time. Now 😡... I don't care what efforts they put into redeeming this show anymore because once that interest is gone, it's gone. No amount of romance, kissing, or even proper story (doubt that will happen) can manage to convince. 

Again, this was  my opinion. You are welcome to disagree. I'm just left disappointed but I'm done for good. 

Edited by SaMaiRa. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rassu20 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Totally disagree
No offense
..Amour.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Okay! Sunday was a bad day to visit this forum! OVERALL!πŸ˜†

After reading your opinion about Nandini, I have been sent to think if I am watching the same show! πŸ˜†
Out of all the characters, Nandini is one character who actually has some substance. 
All the things which irks you in this character were there from day1. She has theories which she believes, she has her own set of beliefs and she has always been about people she loves; And I see all the progress in that context only. Characterization has been well handled. 
I think it's the character which irks you, not the growth or progress in her. She hasn't turned into someone we didn't know! πŸ˜³
Talking about spunky and feisty Nandini, well you can see the glimpses at times. You wanna see it or not, it's on you! She won't be taking sword out at anything and everything. πŸ˜›
And about "saving" part, well I always thought she always does things on her own hence lands up in trouble too. It's the essence of MaNan how they think they think and do best for each other. 
OTT crying, last time I checked it was in musicana period where she was being brutally scarified by Manik, so crying part was justified!😳
Over chirpy, Come on! I so wanted this wise girl to show this side, a normal 17 year old girl! Now if we are getting it, I would say Thank you CVs! β€οΈ
She is one character whose speeches don't sound like preachy! Well, that was first for me!πŸ˜† Maybe she doesn't preach, she is all what she believes!  
Growth would bring new shades, hence that's called as growth! Characters are very much into their elements! I would say tracks can be boring but characters haven't turned into something which I don't know! πŸ˜³

Edited by ..Amour.. - 8 years ago
Sony.K thumbnail
Hey i m second to that.
This is my personal opinion. If anybody has any disagreement please we can discussion on that but don't take it personally.  

I m pissed off of all this melodrama. I really don't understand, these people do not have lectures, exams holiday, i would love to join such college.

Being a science student i know how difficult it is but i never saw Nandini studying. strange na. And what about her brother treatment. suddenly Druv and Rishab are fine nobody has any attack. What about Nandini's dream she want to a scientist na? And don't understand Navya. Why she is not able tell her mom that cabir is not father of her child. why is so difficult for her. Cabir being nice helping her and she is taking his advantage. 

i like KY2 but i really feel that they should also focus on study, ambitions, importance of study in life. being a youth show they have think about this also. but know they always interested in love drama Manan their confession and now this stupid kidnapping. 

All interest has gone. 

And top of that Nandini's confession is still pending. Now don't know what will be new track. 

MuratHayat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Not just u many disliked nandu's rxn post kiss. But for me it was okay as she was grinning not just being coy and the scene got interrupted with pundit-nyo convo so it dint really make me feel nandu out of character.  
The scenes where i felt nandu annoying was the car scene where she strts the car to drive nd panicks wen she realizes that the car is moving backwards.Then the ott dialogues of she feeling safe wen with him just to get kidnapped few hrs later. Dat was really annoying to me. And the next catch me thing she did after couch scene . 
And the entire pundit track i just want to ignore nandu's characterisation  its waste of time nd energy trying to understand her nd figuring it out as to y she was crying nw nd den. Cvs completely failed in the entire pundit track.
ppl kept on speculating nd were  trying to sympathize by assuming her state of mind. Wat was on her mind nd her rxns even Cvs dint care to clear that  to the audience πŸ˜•

danceismyworld thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I opened the topic after reading RUINED in caps..so I was curiousπŸ˜†
and after reading..I want to say..I don't agreeπŸ˜›
pavi_ thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
res
unres.
I disagree as it is not ruined but to certain extend clarity in characterization was missing lately.

About crying, she always used to cry it doesn't make her weak. She is still mentally strong person and will always be when compared to other female characters. She is the one who stand for right and truth and will always call off the shit on once face but her dealings may be different. Not just Nandini, Manik's life also revolve around Nandini.

If we go back and see initial episode and the recent ones and just compare and contrast you yourself will see the difference. Personally for me her character has been compromised. (Reference point only recent episode or fusion concert track).

We all have expectation from her that leave us disappointed.
And I feel all issues stem from making her the scapegoat solely for the purpose of selling a plot. And lack of tangibles.

The fusion concert track have messed me up that I can't make its head and tail.It confused the hell out of me, to that extent that, I lost the permanent connectivity which I had in this character (not just Nandini). Connectivity was on and off ,  clarity was missing many things had to be speculated. This track seems to fall at execution level and lacked consistency.
I will only blame this concert track for this, as it all seems to be a khichdi and it messed up potential tracks in this. It could have been better if it wasn't dragged.

Just hope it may pick up or make sense once this track is over.
Her character still has potential to bounce back. Hope Cv get a grip of the show.

It's my perceptive, others may differ.
Edited by pavi_ - 8 years ago
zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sh punched him in face and gave it right back to Fab5 after Appa's pen incident...she shouted, yelled and showed them their rightful place. She made them realise that they're NOT Gods, they're NOT everything and just sick in their heads.

It was...what...a 3-4 minute long scene...and THAT was Nandu.πŸ₯³

If writers understand the point I'm stating...I want THAT Nandu back.😭
alicedsouza17 thumbnail
πŸ˜† Nandu & gopi bahu...lolπŸ˜†
IM not taking dis post seriously but it enlightened me in a humourous wayπŸ˜†
CooChi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I do not completely disagree but well I disagree!

Nandini's character is still the best for me.(atleast for me)
Looking at KY2 graph...there are many ups and downs..but most of the tracks are appealing and people enjoy watching these tracks even now for zillion times.

What you wrote about Nandini...I have a different take on that.
Nandini was never shown to be very clear about her career..she always used to toss between Science and Music. As you wrote..she is 17 and its normal to not have any ambition..but the thing you wrote in the brackets irked me.Her ambition was never really clarified from the very beginning.She was shown as a girl who lives for her loved ones.She wanted to become a Scientist because of her Father's dream. It wasn't hers..it was her FATHER'S. Circumstances led her to choose Music.Her brother's treatment needed money and he was her primary priority. She never was interested in joining SPACE.She did that for her brother and to reduce the financial burden on her Chacha's shoulders.
About her career..yess they should show..but being a teenager even I haven't decided for my career as well, and most of the teenagers don't really think about their careers. They are either pushed by their parents or their friends.
The show has got a title 'KAISI YEH YAARIYAN'
toh its obvious that they are here to show us different aspects of friendship and love relations and are not here to show some scientific experiments.You cannot expect a science class going on for 1 full episode.
M sure every1 will skip if it happens.
πŸ˜†
Now coming to Nandu's tears..Is it really some kind of rule or some kind of custom that only GOPI BAHUS can cry?!
I myself cry for atleast 10 times a day for stupid silly reasons..one of them is this SHOW..which is fictional.
I never understood what people expect from Nandini from situations like that.The girl is a COMMONER.
She is the same person who punched MANIK ..does it mean k she cannot cry after that?! Her tears are there for some reasons. You cannot expect them to show her grinning like a mad woman 247.If she does that she is said to be OTT.
Yes I agree..that the much needed growth is not there..but that does not mean k her character is RUINED.
one more thing...being saved by someone is NOT a thing of SHAME. Accepting that you are WEAK is not wrong.
If a guy is shown to be stronger than a girl..it is not wrong.
Do not always expect a girl to be PHYSICALLY strong.
It is not a bad thing to see Manik saving Nandu.
Nandini is always shown as a very fragile person when it comes to physical strength. She is more of a Mentally strong personality. She saved Manik..no...not physically..but from his own devils.(read mentally and emotionally)
You cannot expect every girl to know KARATE and beat the shit out of the person who is troubling you.No..
Fragile girls do exist and trust me there is nothing wrong in it. Manik is her hero..so as Nandini is his hero.
Both of them have fought for each other in the past and they'll continue doing so.

About the kiss..well ..i shouldn't say anything cos i'll get into the mood.It was Beautiful.Bas.
The miss kisses were the buildup for this Kiss! πŸ˜†

Anyways..I wish you luck..I hope you return to watch this show cause theres much more left and most of the people here trust the WRITERS.
Edited by CooChi - 8 years ago