Originally posted by Sandhya.A

πŸ˜•
Itni nice nice discussions. Samay ka abhaav.😭

Thanks for the XXXL size laurel wreath aunty.πŸ˜† Rao, the  rogue indeed

Swiss cheese? This plot is now as full of holes as a sieve.😲

Maya is up. Eeeks...

Mona Darling  still missing.πŸ€ͺ

Mona Darling is definitely Not Missing! 

What on earth did you think Greyerson's doing these days?! He's the scantily-dressed 😳 dumb blond that hangs around with the Bawwss. And gets decanted onto the road when Bawwss is in a hurry!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by happychappy - 8 years ago
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi JayakaO2
thanks for reading and appreciating my post.😊 Sorry for a late reply.

Kaal is just a unit of measurement. On earth its man made. A solar year is divides in Lunar months. 
Its very relative how long or short  time is felt  for that individual If you like someone or some situatin, however time you spend you feel its short time spent And if you dont like someone or situation then few minutes spent are felt like Ages.  πŸ˜ƒ
Kaal is another name for Yama which is like The end. 
I have come across some websites/articles which I would like to share. i hope they interest you, Its worth a read, agree or disagree is a different issue. β˜ΊοΈ

http://decodehindumythology.blogspot.co.uk/p/mythology.htmlu.

http://bhargavasarma.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/kalpa-hindu-time-element.html

hmm, nice discussions, and shruti, thanks for sharing your pov about
mahabharat, i am also a draupadi fan.
Excellent  post aunty.
Least suspicious  is guilty. Heroines are all bhaashaning mahaans. Insaaniyat and manushyatha  have to be upheld by the heroine inspired heroes even at the cost of logic practicality  and common sense. Money and materialistic  things are least important  in life. Heroes can bash up 29 opponents at a time ( 529 if it is Rajinikant). These are all inwritten rules in our desi tinseltown. Plus of course  mera Bharat mahaan  in movies even if totally  out of context.

Wouldn't  mind  any of these standard formula  stuff if it fits in logically. Rao as rogue theory has so many gaping holes, most of  which you have  explained  so well.

Why on earth did he have to have Shivanand  captured and tortured for information  when the adoring  shishya would have offered any and every information  on a platter.😲

What kind of  control  did Rao have on the  Cardinal  and why on earth  did he have to get him kill himself suddenly  now?

Why and how does he alternate  between  his civil attire and uniform ?

Wherefrom unknown to Tiwari does he oversee the Kumbha Mela? 

Why does he reveal his villain identity  now? What has happened  suddenly  that he has decided  to  unmask himself?

He never  did anything  as a professor. What is he doing  or propose to do as the boss no.1?

What a damp squib of a twist if it could  be  called one?

I never thought  that i would  be exasperated to see Shivanand  on screen, but i am. Did anyone  tell him or the director that Manish  Wadhwa  was acting well as one who lost his marbles?  Too much salt  spoils the dish. Shivanand  wailing incessantly   is also absolutely  tasteless.🀒 i rather prefer to  watch  jodhasa's evening lecture.

Missed out some parts.Why does Rudr  go to vishlok? Where and how and by whom was the theory 'naag bali- garuda powers in lieu of naga lives' formulated ? How does naga blood nullify the vish in rudra? Isn't  it supposed to intensify? Some one please explain. And lastly how and WHY is Maya up? Isn't  the show already  soporific enough?

If  the direcor  can connect  all loose ends, offer some reasonable  explanation, given the  current  state  of  affairs  he HAS to be a magician.

But he has earned an indemnity  from all our frustrations due to  the  mess he has created by that one stand alone encounter between  Dhansh and MB. Wow. What a duo. If i fell for JA( unwisely on retrospect  )  it was because  of episode  31, where we had Jalal as a master  strategist  playing  superbly against his opponent. The game was charming and wonderful even if totally  one sided. But here  we had a superb match of opponents  who were equally  good. In planning foreseeing negotiating  and  the actors were equally  good. Not many can hold their own against  Seema Biswas  but Rahil did. That too in his trademark  style that was quite irritating  at the start. 

A gem of a scene. πŸ‘

MB was offering Dhansh  the bait. Just tempting enough  to hook him and large enough  to tempt without  rousing  suspicion. 

A third book? How does  MB know and if she knows everything  why isn't  she the garud pramukh? 

So so sorry for the late reply.
This show has been oscillating between excellence and mediocrity for quite some time, and the Butler did it kind of situation is far too tempting for novice and lazy mystery writers to adapt and work around. Logic jaaye baad mein. I will NEVER compare the meek and comical Rao to the "Napolean of Crime" Moriarty. (Although I consider Dansh to be a total rip off of BBC Sherlock's Moriarty) Dr Rao, at best, is akin to The Teacher alias Professor Teabing from another pretentious page turner by the overrated Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code. Stephen Fry famously dissed the novel too πŸ˜†

Right now, I am watching the show only for Seema Biswas. Bhairavi-Dansh war of words is one of the best scenes on this show. She is so good that even an inconsistent actor like Rahil rose to the occasion and gave a spectacular performance.  Can't fault him as Dansh is such a tricky character to play and I should be a less harsher towards him from now on!
Sandhya my pet,

Thank you  for loving what I loved as much as I did. Now do you see why I devoted 2.5 pages to that one scene?  Alas,  from the next episode on, this duo too went the way of all things, that is to say down. Not even the bit in Episode 84 where MB effectively punctured Dansh's ballooning ego was up to the standard set by this one spectacular segment.

I have no answers to any of your questions about Augustus Rao, and as for those re:Rudra and the vish kendra,   for answers to those you have to endure Episodes 81-83. I  did, and I am not about to start all over again.

In fact, this last week was so bad that I have still not been able to motivate myself sufficiently to write my weekly post. That, and an extra painful knee. But anushasan above all, so I shall do something this morning and post it by the afternoon.

I shall be glad of two things. One, my knee replacement on May 30, whatever the pain  of the physiotherapy to follow, and two, the end of Mahakumbh as scheduled after 120 episodes. I am exasperated beyond bearing by the absurd inconsistencies being unloaded on us from one episode to the next, and the  total paucity of good acting, and I want out  at the earliest!

Incidentally, Utkarsh was nowhere in the credits for the Wednesday and Thursday episodes. Wonder why. There was no screenplay credit at all.

Shyamala Aunty

Excellent  post aunty.
Least suspicious  is guilty. Heroines are all bhaashaning mahaans. Insaaniyat and manushyatha  have to be upheld by the heroine inspired heroes even at the cost of logic practicality  and common sense. Money and materialistic  things are least important  in life. Heroes can bash up 29 opponents at a time ( 529 if it is Rajinikant). These are all inwritten rules in our desi tinseltown. Plus of course  mera Bharat mahaan  in movies even if totally  out of context.

Wouldn't  mind  any of these standard formula  stuff if it fits in logically. Rao as rogue theory has so many gaping holes, most of  which you have  explained  so well.

Why on earth did he have to have Shivanand  captured and tortured for information  when the adoring  shishya would have offered any and every information  on a platter.😲

What kind of  control  did Rao have on the  Cardinal  and why on earth  did he have to get him kill himself suddenly  now?

Why and how does he alternate  between  his civil attire and uniform ?

Wherefrom unknown to Tiwari does he oversee the Kumbha Mela? 

Why does he reveal his villain identity  now? What has happened  suddenly  that he has decided  to  unmask himself?

He never  did anything  as a professor. What is he doing  or propose to do as the boss no.1?

What a damp squib of a twist if it could  be  called one?

I never thought  that i would  be exasperated to see Shivanand  on screen, but i am. Did anyone  tell him or the director that Manish  Wadhwa  was acting well as one who lost his marbles?  Too much salt  spoils the dish. Shivanand  wailing incessantly   is also absolutely  tasteless.🀒 i rather prefer to  watch  jodhasa's evening lecture.

Missed out some parts.Why does Rudr  go to vishlok? Where and how and by whom was the theory 'naag bali- garuda powers in lieu of naga lives' formulated ? How does naga blood nullify the vish in rudra? Isn't  it supposed to intensify? Some one please explain. And lastly how and WHY is Maya up? Isn't  the show already  soporific enough?

If  the direcor  can connect  all loose ends, offer some reasonable  explanation, given the  current  state  of  affairs  he HAS to be a magician.

But he has earned an indemnity  from all our frustrations due to  the  mess he has created by that one stand alone encounter between  Dhansh and MB. Wow. What a duo. If I fell for JA( unwisely on retrospect  )  it was because  of episode  31, where we had Jalal as a master  strategist  playing  superbly against his opponent. The game was charming and wonderful even if totally  one sided. But here  we had a superb match of opponents  who were equally  good. In planning foreseeing negotiating  and  the actors were equally  good. Not many can hold their own against  Seema Biswas  but Rahil did. That too in his trademark  style that was quite irritating  at the start. 

A gem of a scene. πŸ‘

MB was offering Dhansh  the bait. Just tempting enough  to hook him and large enough  to tempt without  rousing  suspicion. 

A third book? How does  MB know and if she knows everything  why isn't  she the garud pramukh? 

Edited by sashashyam - 8 years ago
No, Jazzy my dear, I did not say that Augustus Rao was like Moriarty. What I said was that the script seemed to be visualising him like that, and the concept itself was full of huge holes. But I am pleased that you too  liked that MB-Dansh scene that I loved.

The Da Vinci Code is very poor in literary terms - even if I was  not looking for the grace and elegance of Tolkien. But one has to concede that it is very fast paced, no matter how insane it looks for Jacques Saunier to do a Vitruvian man and write that ultra abstruse message when he was dying in agony, instead of doing something practical. It is not easy to keep up that pace and then wind it all up reasonably well. Just look at the mess here!

I am not going to regurgitate my exasperation at what Mahakumbh is fast becoming, having already done that in my response above to Sandhya. I shall reserve my bile for my post, due out later today.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by .Veritaserum

So so sorry for the late reply.
This show has been oscillating between excellence and mediocrity for quite some time, and the Butler did it kind of situation is far too tempting for novice and lazy mystery writers to adapt and work around. Logic jaaye baad mein. I will NEVER compare the meek and comical Rao to the "Napolean of Crime" Moriarty. (Although I consider Dansh to be a total rip off of BBC Sherlock's Moriarty) Dr Rao, at best, is akin to The Teacher alias Professor Teabing from another pretentious page turner by the overrated Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code. Stephen Fry famously dissed the novel too πŸ˜†

Right now, I am watching the show only for Seema Biswas. Bhairavi-Dansh war of words is one of the best scenes on this show. She is so good that even an inconsistent actor like Rahil rose to the occasion and gave a spectacular performance.  Can't fault him as Dansh is such a tricky character to play and I should be a less harsher towards him from now on!
Originally posted by sashashyam

The Da Vinci Code is very poor in literary terms - even if I was  not looking for the grace and elegance of Tolkien. But one has to concede that it is very fast paced, no matter how insane it looks for Jacques Saunier to do a Vitruvian man and write that ultra abstruse message when he was dying in agony, instead of doing something practical. It is not easy to keep up that pace and then wind it all up reasonably well. Just look at the mess here!

i never understand  why Teabing had to get all the 4  Grand Masters  of  the  Priory eliminated  in the  first place without  having  the  details  of the Holy  Grail himself.  Also why would  he engage langdon and Sophie  and explain  the  story to them? 

Even in HP i have  wondered  why the ministry  never used time turners to solve cases when they could  be  given to  students  to attend  classes. Why trials? πŸ˜²

But these are all nothing  compared  to  the  sieve holes in our plots.πŸ˜†

Haven't  read Tolkien  or seen the movie either. That good aunty?

Better, Sandhya. It demands patience and the willingness to immerse oneself completely in Tolkien's alternate universe, but once you do that, it is a fabulous read in literary terms. And a tale that tugs insidiously at your heartstrings. It is  about the tenacity and the ultimate triumph, not of an all conquering hero, but of the little folk, and unlike both Rowling's commonplace prose and Dan Brown's mediocre language skills, it is beautifully written. After all, Tolkien was  Professor of Linguistics at Oxford.

I read it first in 1964, and was entranced. The magic comes back all the stronger with every  re-reading.

What I liked about the Peter Jackson trilogy of The Lord of the Rings is that he was very respectful of the original and did not play games with it. Which you could hardly say of the Harry Potter films, all worse than the books. Think of the scene when Dumbledore is killed atop the tower, and the other one in The Prisoner of Azkaban,  where they do not even show how the gang of four was formed!

The latter was because the  avant garde Spanish director Alfonso Cuaron would not cross 2 hours and 10 minutes.

I think the best of the films were the first two, by Chris Columbus, who too was respectful of the originals. But I suppose one should thank God for small mercies, that it was not left to Steven Spielberg,  and Haley Joel Osment as Harry!

Shyamala Aunty

i never understand  why Teabing had to get all the 4  Grand Masters  of  the  Priory eliminated  in the  first place without  having  the  details  of the Holy  Grail himself.  Also why would  he engage langdon and Sophie  and explain  the  story to them? 

Even in HP i have  wondered  why the ministry  never used time turners to solve cases when they could  be  given to  students  to attend  classes. Why trials? πŸ˜²

But these are all nothing  compared  to  the  sieve holes in our plots.πŸ˜†

Haven't  read Tolkien  or seen the movie either. That good aunty?