Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kitsin thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thanks Shyamala Di, for the PM. Great title too indeed.

Just loved your post, boleto ekdum solid, and especially your take on  MB - Dansh. Loved that scene between the two. Hats off to them.

Prof. Rao. -  Always felt he never did enough being Shiva's Guru and now we know why. Looks like the intrigue is back on.

Time seems to be not on my side. Will comment more later. Just enjoyed  reading your post.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Purnima.

About Rao as the master villain, I agree with you  completely. He is a washout ! Do see my latest, Of means and ends,  on Episode 81, on page 6 here.  And I too feel very sad about the elegant, patrician Cardinal.

And as for the garuds,  the less said the better. No wonder most of this mini-post of mine consists of letting off steam about the garuds  and the Garud Pramukh!😑

I was looking forward to the MB-Dansh negotiations getting to the nub of the matter last night but then we were left with all this junk and no MB! Hopefully tonight they will be there.

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: SingaporeFan

Wonderful post as usual Shyamaladi...enjoyed reading your analysis more than the actual episodes! 

There are just too many loopholes and illogical twists that I am not thinking much...Why was the need for MK to be shot in Poland and all those Cardinal, Greyson etc to be shown so extensively if they had no role to play in the future? I don't like the way the rest of the Garuds have been sidelined too '

Loved the Dansh- MB scene... It was the highlight of the week! 

Rao as the Villian!!...at least they could have taken a better actor! He is just so expressionless and unimpressive😭

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Kitsin,

Never fret about not responding in detail when you do not have the time for it. To know that you read the post and liked it would suffice for the time being! And what  a lovely Munnabhai style compliment, my dear! It quite made my day!!

Do look at my mini take on Episode 81 of last night, Of means and ends.  You will like it.

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: Kitsin

Thanks Shyamala Di, for the PM. Great title too indeed.

Just loved your post, boleto ekdum solid, and especially your take on  MB - Dansh. Loved that scene between the two. Hats off to them.
Prof. Rao. -  Always felt he never did enough being Shiva's Guru and now we know why. Looks like the intrigue is back on.
 Time seems to be not on my side. Will comment more later. Just enjoyed  reading your post.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Thanks for the PM, Shyamala Di! πŸ˜ƒ
Nice write-up on yesterday's epi by u! 😊 
seedhibaat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I  am loving your latest post. Shyamalaji
I wanted to see more of Dansh and MB negotiations. As usual it was a disappointment , Dont know if they develop that scene further. πŸ˜‘

Third book is MB and may be Dr Rao has 4th book, we all forum members can keep hold of 5th book. Disappointing MK story will invite all sort of assumptions and comments. πŸ˜Š i dont know how long Rudra will be shown helpless Bechara,  πŸ˜‘

Aankhoki Gustakhiya between Rudra and DM were stretched. 

Maya ke darshan ho gaye Rudra ka pyar Leela ne dekh liya, 

Maya- Rudra ki nazaro ne samajha pyar ke kabil mejhe
            Dil ki e dhadakan sudhar ja mil gayi Leela mujh
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
sashashyam thumbnail
I  see, my dear, that you too have a pawky sense of humour - what with  your 4th and 5th books!πŸ˜› And your choices of lines for Rudra & Tiwari and then for Rudra-Maya-Leela are very funny and apt.

I think we will have the continuation of the MB-Dansh negotiation, with Drish added as shown in the precap, tonight.  That will be something to look forward to!

Shyamala

Originally posted by: seedhibaat

I  am loving your latest post. Shyamalaji

I wanted to see more of Dansh and MB negotiations. As usual it was a disappointment , Dont know if they develop that scene further. πŸ˜‘

Third book is MB and may be Dr Rao has 4th book, we all forum members can keep hold of 5th book. Disappointing MK story will invite all sort of assumptions and comments. πŸ˜Š i dont know how long Rudra will be shown helpless Bechara,  πŸ˜‘

Aankhoki Gustakhiya between Rudra and DM were stretched. 

Maya ke darshan ho gaye Rudra ka pyar Leela ne dekh liya, 

Maya- Rudra ki nazaro ne samajha pyar ke kabil mejhe
            Dil ki e dhadakan sudhar ja mil gayi Leela mujh
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you, my dear Swetha! It was pure exasperation distilled into words, and you like it because you feel the same.

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: -Swetha-

^ Thanks for the PM, Shyamala Di! πŸ˜ƒ

Nice write-up on yesterday's epi by u! 😊 

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice take Shymaladi. I have a different take on why Rudra didn't order Tiwari and ordered MB. I am not sure whether you will agree to it. But I may be among the miniscule who loved that Tiwari-Rudra scenes and Leela-Maya- Rudra scenes. There was an emotional feel to the scene to those subtle expressions Gauti gave which I had completely missed in Rudra-Maya ki Amar Prem Katha or shall I say till this point in MK. It was the scene that showed the real battle of head and heart for me. Logic and conscience.
Now coming to the point why Rudra ordered MB and not the other Garuds. MB was beating Shiva. There was no logic to that beating and well his conscience will not allow such brutal beating. And that was a much easier decision.

Coming to Tiwari. What Tiwari said is logic. Pure simple logic. Garuds are supposed to protect Amrit at any cost. That is their duty. They are terribly failing there. Shiva no longer in a condition to tell anything clearly and MB by going to Naga side has lost the team's trust except maybe Rudra. Then they hear that by giving a Naga Bali Garud's power can be activated and they have a Nag Kanya around. They need their power to do their duty. And a way has come for it, especially what Tiwari tells is logically true. Leela has come back to them exactly at the same time Nag bali ka information coming. And Nagas are their enemies. Also kuch pane ke liye kuch khona padtha hai. At no point from a logical point Tiwari is wrong.

But then here comes the conscience. Leela is trying to give life to Maya. Can you execute a person who is giving life to your own clan just because that person has come from another group. Just because that person is not part of you. Jo jeevan daan deti hai woh poojaniye hai and for a material called Amrit is it morally right to execute her.

Answer each Garud has to take. It should not be a decision forced on them. As expected everyone choose logic. Emotions which Garud except Rudra had emotions yesterday. They were all freezed. In the name of duty ready to sacrifice a person who is trying to give life to someone they care about. For Shiva everyone including Charles was willing for the bali of Leela. In other words Purush ke liye Prakriti ki bali chadao. Especially the one who has come from other family. In other words one's wife. Bahu of the family. Afterall she is not blood. To save blood uski bali tho chadni hi hai. The fact that the 2 woman Kat and Mai went with other Garuds also show that even women think as wives, bahus they are material for bali( Well Leela is not Rudra's wife, but then I was just lamenting the symbolism). For father, brother, sister forget duty, but if bali chadnewali is from another family well duty comes first 😑

In Kuru vansh also that was what happened right. It was fine for Bhishma to forget his duty as Yuvraaj and take the pledge to satisfy his father's lust on Satyavati. He took the 3 ladies Amba, Ambika and Ambalika from swayamvar mandap because Vichitra virya was not getting bride by his merit. So to take kul forward he has to abduct the ladies using the might of Kuru vansh. Then once they become widow once again, against their will send Vyasa Muni to their room so that they can conceive and vansh aage badenga. While all the time easy solution was there for Bhishma to get married. But no. Ideals are important , so why not make some other woman bali and Satyavati to agreed to the bali. Bali didn't end there in Kuruvansh. Again to get bride for blind prince Bhishma used his might so that the king of Gandhar give away his daughter for the safety of his kingdom. Again bali happened of innocent Gandhari against her will for the sake of her kingdom and the might of Kuruvansh. Maybe that is why Niyati bought a woman born out of fire( Fire consumes everything still remains pure) Panchali as the antim bali in this vansh. Because the fiery princess became the corner stone of wiping out this vansh, that believed in the bali of woman to take their vansh forward. The war consumed everything that was taken forward through bali leaving only the child conceived out of love between a husband and wife. But yes we continue the tradition as we have not learnt anything from it. Bali chadao of a lady instead of looking out for some solution that is well within the reach.

Sorry for the long chant. But I couldn't help it. The feminist in me came 360 degree seeing the Garuds yesterday. Brahma Nisth Panth mein Nari ki Pooja hoti hai and here comes people who respect the Panth to kill a woman. Kaunsi pooja. Just like we Indians. Worship Saraswati, Lakshmi and Durga in temple. But kill the daughters before they are born, in the name of honour, in the name of duty bali chada do of every woman in the family and yes make woman believe they are only for one thing bali chadne ke liye. Never mind she is the life giver.

Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Excellent post, Sruthi...πŸ‘
Never looked at MB from so deeply feminist a perspective. You are right about all the 'bali' but Uttara's wedding - was it not engineered by Krishna? Knowing well that she would be widowed so young.,.πŸ˜• That would also qualify as a sacrifice would it not?!
pasumarthisa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shruti,
I would disagree with your thoughts on 'bali' here.

Keeping the  Puranas aside(Bhishma was totally wrong with Ambika-sisters and even he agreed to it), there was no indication that 'prakriti' is being sacrificed for 'purusha' here. 

Shivanand is no purusha and leela is no prakriti in my opinion. I mean they are as much prakriti as anyone else is.

All Garudas except Shiva see her as one among Nagas. Not just as a woman. There is nothing to suggest that they would be more lenient if it was a man.

In case of Rudra, Dansh did say that Rudra wont hurt women(did he? I remember vaguely). But he does put humanity first. He clearly says even today that Garudas have to be sensitive.

She came as a mole. For Garudas who dont know this, she is an unknown from enemy camp. Just because she offers to treat Maya, they should right away believe her? For Garudas, Maya is not a priority. Especially after Bhairavi made sure the poison wont spread.