•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Like two peas in a pod

DC | Natasha Coutinho | May 02, 2015, 23.05 pm IST
Ravi and Sargun at their wedding celebrations; (right) the couple today.
Ravi Dubey and Sargun Mehta met on the sets of 12/24 Karol Bagh, fell in love and tied the knot. Now, although both are working in different shows (Ravi in Jamai Raja and Sargun in Rishton Ka Mela) they're still known in tinsel town for being one of the most in-love couples.

How did you guys meet and who played Cupid?
Ravi: We met on the sets of Zee TV's 12/24 Karol Bagh.  Nobody played Cupid, I guess the situation played Cupid for us.

Sargun:  Since we played the main leads in the show, we ended up spending lot of time together, during day-night shoots and even had the same days off. Then, finally when we came to Mumbai, we realised that we had become more than just friends.                      

What was your first impression of each other?
Ravi: I found her extremely lively and vibrant but she found me very reserved, something that I am not. Later, of course, we realised we are very similar, which is how we got attracted to each other.

Sargun: I was playing one of the three sisters on the show and I wanted to know who would be playing my husband. They showed me his photo, where his look was from the show itself " with glasses, loose pants, checkered T-shirt. I was like, That guy?' The next day, we had the promo shoot and he had come to the shoot wearing a red jacket and knocks on the door saying, Hi, I am Ravi Dubey, don't know where my vanity is?' I told him he could keep his luggage with me. And then it struck me, he was the one who would play my husband on the show. I thought to myself, he is hot.

How long did it take to bond with each other's family and friends? 
Ravi: Almost immediately. It's not difficult to like Sargun. She's the most energetic soul you will ever meet.

Sargun: We didn't take time at all. I am very friendly, you just need to meet me once. If I like you, I am very friendly and if I don't, we can never be friends (laughs). So I got along with his people very easily.

Any memories from your wedding that you would like to share? 
Ravi: The most beautiful moment was when I was on the podium for the jai mala and I saw Sargun being carried on a doli. There were these golden lights around her and she looked beautiful. It was a very surreal moment, one that I can never forget. 

Sargun: There are so many memories from the wedding. I remember his father had dengue and he was admitted in a hospital in Delhi. It was very unfortunate that he couldn't be there all the time. During the mehendi in Chandigarh, Ravi drove down from Delhi with two of his friends to be a part of it. Generally in the mehendi, guests from the guy's side are not there. But he spent three hours with us and then returned home the same night. He had to come back the next morning, but he still went through all that trouble.

Some qualities that you admire about each other and something you would like to change?    
Ravi: I love her energy and the way she perceives people and conducts herself. She is extremely mature and effortlessly endearing. I wouldn't change anything in her.    

Sargun: He is really hard working. I love him for who he is and wouldn't want to change anything. 

Any tips you would like to give to couples on keeping the romance alive after marriage?   
Ravi: I feel if you focus on companionship then romance will always be alive. Looks will fade with time. But if you love to spend time with your partner, you will always be in love with them.            

Lovely couple...
Tfs😊
Originally posted by madhuharini

tfs😊
welcome ðŸ˜Š
Originally posted by rachana10

Lovely couple...
Tfs😊
welcome dear ðŸ˜ƒ