Balika Vadhu

Can Balika Vadhu make in top 10 hindi shows in next few weeks ? - Page 4

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
main reason for me watching bv because of it concept and direction .I do not watch bv for jodis or for any actors .if concept and direction is good then only I watch that serial

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thewanderer thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Itz nice to know that there are some ppl who have the courage to stand for their favourite show. Mine is BV... Not from now but from the past 6.5years... N I will watch it till my last breath. :)
-poloenigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh no no, there's a lot of difference between discussing the TRP viewership/audience of a particular show from an objective point of view and discussing or rather complaining why ''certain people''  refuse to let go even after they give up watching, and it is clearly understood that those ''certain people''  are not the genreral TRP audience as the TRP audience don't discuss TV shows in online forums  ðŸ˜› But unfortunately those ''certain people'' are not breaking IF rules, and sticking to the main topic : The show and everything related to it.

Lets discuss the show, not the people {read: IF users} who discuss the show, lets abide by the IF rules and not make snide personal remarks about fellow  IF members ðŸ˜³

As for ''people'' being regressive for wanting a happy ending, this is laughable but again, lets discuss the fictional characters, and not move away from the main topic and violate rules by making judge mental comments about real ''people'' whom we don't even know in the 1st place 😛 . I'm sure we can stick to the main topic and have a healthy discussion/debate without resorting to personal attacks or moral policing ðŸ˜³

I've seen several warning notes on ATs for indirectly discussing other IF members, lets keep this place free from similar warnings notes 😛 

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Thewanderer

As all of us know the BARC ratings have come and Balika Vadhu missed it just by 0.4 points. I feel Balika Vadhu really deserves to be in top 10 . It has already beaten Comedy Nights with good margin . Other serials like Sasural Simar Ka are very irritating with no good story in it whereas Balika Vadhu has this air of freshness in each of itz episode. Some of the reasons due to which I think Balika Vadhu is simply not making it are

1. We rarely see any promo of Balika Vadhu giving viewers a glimpse of current track whereas all other serials like SSK, Ashoka , Swaragini have continous promosin every break.
2. No repeat telecast, I don't know why there is not a single repeat of Balika Vadhu. People who miss it have to just miss that particular episode. Others have 3-4 repeats and comedy nights has n times of repeat.

I feel the channel is being highly unfair to BV. And I want this to change coz I believe if people know Colors today , it is just coz of Balika Vadhu. This serial has made the channel a hit.

Well I don't think BV will get into top 10 so easily.
According to current BARC ratings in FICTION WEEK DAY PROGRAMME CATEGORY  is at 11 or 12.
Neither the channel nor the PH are interested in getting the nos anymore. They are airing the show simply because they have an audience for the show and now for the show I don't think it is about TRPs any more it is only about creating records as the longest running daily soap on Indian Television.
As for the channel and PH not promoting the show - Yes they want to promote other shows simply because they want other shows need the promos much more than BV.
They don't want to be dependednt solely on BV any more for their TRPs and business

So I don't really thing there is anything wrong if the channel as well as PH promote other shows. 
BV is running on it 's own steam

Whole of last year there was never a suspense element with regard to what will happen next in Anandi's life and now with really tragic twists later it has returned and so people who have stopped watching the show have returned.
Even with the TRP system it was doing much better than what it did last year.

So it is proven that no matter how much we love the character and how beautiful the character how charming the actor is it is the story that matters.If there is no good story happening even the most beautiful character cannot retain interest of the viewers.

Top 10 Fictional Shows
Show
Average TVR
Saath Nibhana Saathiya
Yeh Hai Mohabbatein
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
Sasural Simar Ka
Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi
Kumkum Bhagya
Diya Aur Baati Hum
Suhani Si Ek Ladki
Udaan
Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat
COLORS
  • Comedy Nights with Kapil:3.7
  • Balika Vadhu:3.9
  • Sasural Simar Ka:5.4
  • Udann:4.3
  • Shastri Sisters:1.9
  • Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi:5.1
  • Code Red:3.4
  • Swaragini:3.2
  • Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat:4.1
  • India's Got Talent(Sat- Sun):5.3
  • Farah Ki Daawat:1.5
The fiction show at no 10 has a rating of 4.1 and BV stands at 3.9 so it can't be doing that bad.

@Wanderer It was nice interacting with you. Very heartening to know that there are still a few people who like the show for what it is.
Now I am out of here.
Edited by aparnauma - 8 years ago
-poloenigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Advertisers rate shows on their overall ranking and ranking depends on their total numbers (the figures given in BARC website, which will place BV at a much lower position), not the TVR or grade, as many shows share the same TVR or grade...Despite of getting low trps last year, the show was still the channel leader in the fiction shows genre until about June-July...It even touched 3.6 trp in Feb 2014 & got 3+ trps on an average during the month of Jan 2014...so no the show is not doing any better, at the end of the day only rankings matter to advertisers not the ratings...they will pay more for the show which has better reach in comparison...Forget abt all the shws, Colors has 11 shows & BV is no 7 in its own channel. It was No 1 for the greater part of 2014, BV didn't even get promos for months! In 2012 SP pulled two shows off air despite of them getting trps well above 3, just coz they ranked low in the channel. In that way BV is lucky that it is on Colors coz the scenario is not quite rosy post leap eitherEdited by -Palienigma- - 8 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail
before bv serial aired my favourite serials lwere woh rehne wali mehlon ki and saat phere .I use to watch both serials daily
surabhi01 thumbnail
even b r chopra use to make nice serials .if chopra banner will make new serial then I wil try to watch it
Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aparnauma

Well I don't think either the channel or the PH cares if Balika Vadhu makes it to top 10.

They know that it is making money and still draws a lot of attention from people who watch the show and people who claim to have stopped watching the show.😛😆

The reason it is continuing because they don't have a show that will do as well as BV is doing at 8pm.
This is what the channel CEO had said. If SSK is shifted to 8pm it may not do as well as it is doing at 7:30 and if BV is shifted to 7:30pm it may not do as well as it is doing at 8pm.
He also said that the audience who watch 8pm and 8:30pm shows on Colors are vastly different from people who watch SSK and SNS.

In fact all the channels either have a historical dramas mythological shows or some other shows with a theme and none of the 8pm shows across the channels are at 8PM slot are saas bahu sagas or so called great love stories.

Don't want to compare any shows.The shows cater to different kinds of audiences.

As for BV the only reason I watch it is because it sticks close to reality with no OTT drama.
Apart from a few bloopers here and there it is one of the most sensible stories and the makers never claimed that it is a love story and they maintained that it is Anandi's journey through which thye tackles issues that concern women and along with Anandi's story thye have shown stories of so many women Dsa, Suguna Gehna Phooli, Champa, Gulli Gauri Ganga and of course Sanchi and now they are showing Nandini's story simply because now Nandini's part is dedicated child bride and child marriage she gets as much footage as Anandi. and even through Nandini's story they are showing Mangala Harki and Kamili's stories.

BV makers did it stick to their theme of child marriage and women related issues and they have stuck to it for this many years.

Through Anandi Shiv story - they showed a very beautiful love story which had a very realistic feel to it and through Jagya and Ganga;s marriage now they are tackling so many issues that come out of busy life and lack of communication
Through Anandi's story they are showing how she reaches out to people regardless of the stae of her life and how she carries happiness sorrow joy and pain with equal grace and how she is trying to raise her child while she searches for her other child.

For people who are not interested in watching anything other than endless romantic scenes the show may not beof any interest.
But the issues which are raised in the show do strike a chord with many of the women who watch the show because they are all identifiable with the lives of people around them.

I agree with you that Bv has a different set of Viewers than ssk and sns.
Time slot plays a huge a difference in obtaining trps.
Bv was meant to be launched in Sept 2008 at 7pm slot.
It would have been an average trp show if it got 7pm
Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
I agree with Aparna di that Colors has reduced its dependence on bv to a huge extent.
I already mentioned it last year that Colors was earlier dependent on BUS
but no longer.
Uttaran has gone off air and Bv is on air just to create records and ensure steady ratings at 8pm.

I won't be surprised if I see a huge show at 8pm or even Ashoka at 8pm
once bv trps dip and BB9 starts.
I wont be even surprised if bv gets 6:30pm slot one day.
Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
No Offence to anyone
but it doesn't look good when evry1 is just taunting one person.
She too has a valid point.
Bv has lost its magic and I do agree with her regarding why Yrkkh is still in top 5