Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nandini30

Bang on. The way they are showing violence against kamli and lust in Akher it is new thing in bv  I complained to ibf they said they are reviewing. But there are some blind fans of anandi for them even if bv shows nudity at best they will say it is right.

What about blind fans of ganga, Jagya and Shiv? As if only blind fans of anandi exist.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
What other shows is in many forums I visited and I also expressed whether it is ok to start the topic. As I did not receive any no, I went about it.

I never referred to any show in derogatory terms directly.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Well I don't think either the channel or the PH cares if Balika Vadhu makes it to top 10.
They know that it is making money and still draws a lot of attention from people who watch the show and people who claim to have stopped watching the show.😛😆

The reason it is continuing because they don't have a show that will do as well as BV is doing at 8pm.

This is what the channel CEO had said. If SSK is shifted to 8pm it may not do as well as it is doing at 7:30 and if BV is shifted to 7:30pm it may not do as well as it is doing at 8pm.
He also said that the audience who watch 8pm and 8:30pm shows on Colors are vastly different from people who watch SSK and SNS.

In fact all the channels either have a historical dramas mythological shows  or some other shows with a theme and none of the 8pm shows across the channels are at 8PM slot are saas bahu sagas or so called great love stories.

Don't want to compare any shows.The shows cater to different kinds of audiences.

As for BV  the only reason I watch it is because it sticks close to reality with no OTT drama.
Apart from a few bloopers here and there it is one of the most sensible stories and the makers never claimed that it is a love story and they maintained that it is Anandi's journey through which thye tackles issues that concern women and along with Anandi's story thye have shown stories of so many women Dsa, Suguna Gehna Phooli, Champa, Gulli Gauri Ganga and of course Sanchi and now they are showing Nandini's story simply because now Nandini's part is dedicated child bride and child marriage she gets as much footage as Anandi. and even through Nandini's story they are showing Mangala Harki and Kamili's stories.

BV makers did it stick to their theme of child marriage and women related issues and they have stuck to it for this many years.

Through Anandi Shiv story - they showed a very beautiful love story which had a very realistic feel to it and through Jagya and Ganga;s marriage now they are tackling so many issues that come out of busy life and lack of communication 
Through Anandi's story they are showing how she reaches out to people regardless of the stae of her life and how she carries happiness sorrow joy and pain with equal grace and how she is trying to raise her child while she searches for her other child.

For people who are not interested in watching anything other than endless romantic scenes the show may not beof any interest.
But the issues which are raised in the show do strike a chord with many of the women who watch the show because they are all identifiable with the lives of people around them.

Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

What about blind fans of ganga, Jagya and Shiv? As if only blind fans of anandi exist.

Bv is still a romantic story romance is more than half of the time kamli goal puja mannu. 
Who says bv is not a romantic story.
-poloenigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rival channels? LOL please kindly quote the rule which explicitly mentions that we are not allowed to use references of shows from "Rival channels" 😆 Help this poor ignorant member to understand the rules better!

Anandi's life is an inspiration...how? Because she copes with the pain of losing of her loved ones just like any average human being? Is she inspiring because she's the perfect abla naari who lives her life on other people's terms and can't stand on her own grounds? Oh wait I know this...she is inspiring because for her, her so called social service takes priority over an infant's safety, which is in this case happens to be an infant who lost her father even before she was born and she is solely depended on her mother for her safety and protection...The great selfless social worker who lacks self respect and basic common sense 😛 This is the perception of a "great inspiring character" for the sold out writers of this show 😛

PS: I thought this place was meant to discuss things in relation to the show and its fictional characters, not to discuss the psyche and choices of other IF users. There are forums exclusively created to serve the purpose of dissecting human psychology of real people , so lets save these discussions for those forums 😛 ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by -Palienigma- - 8 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Well this show and the characters are much more close to what we see in reality.
Not all people crave for escapist entertainment.

Not all people care for mindless entertainment.

When the makers never claimed that their show is all about Anandi's love story.How did people think that the show will end with a happily ever after scene??

Obviously the viewers who expected happily ever after end must have thought Anandi's life has it's reached it's destination now that she is married and got kids. Only people with regressive mindsets will think of that.

Well too bad for people who expected Anandi's life come to an end when her husband died.

It's not the psyche of IF users.When people claim that people who watch SSK and SNS are same as BV watchers then what is that all about? If not discussing about viewer psyche?

For strange reasons even after the exit of he most popular character people seem to have  lot of things to discuss about in this show and almost every character and track is dissected.

And also people who think the show is not worth their time come here after the exit of their favourite character still come here to talk about it.

Looks like people who watch the show regularly spend much less time obsessing over the show and the characters rather than people who claim to have given up watching it.

Never knew that people could spend so much time talking about show which they think is beneath their tastes till I saw posts on this forum once when an actress was replaced and once when a character came to an end.😛

Edited by aparnauma - 8 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Whether this show is in top 10 or not, many of us will watch it.

About rules, I only have memories of what is allowed and what is not and now the rules might have been relaxed. Good. If they relax these rules,  I can name other shows and compare favourably or unfavourably.

When Shiv died, I was angry and disillusioned. But  I slowly found the story quite interesting because this anandi has stopped crying and is going about her life in the best way possible for her. And there is Nimboli and her story. And there are so many stories seamlessly woven.

No serial is perfect. No actor is perfect. No one is indispensable.
Advice is free so post is continously people who claim that they cannot watch anything other than bv knows about nagin n ghost in other soaps. So either they watch or you do not need to watch to know about serial. 
But unless you keep a track how will you know how crap shows are.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
I watched nagin, SSK show and there are posts in my name on that forum. Now I stopped watching it as it has become too boring for me.

I used to watch Diya and Baati and also SNS and made some posts.

I watched Ek Haseena thi, Laut Aao Trisha which I loved immensely.

I used to watch YRRKH in the beginning and made several posts and polls too.

I used to watch Sapne Suhane and made daily post in the beginning.

Now I am watching only BV and started watching Nisha and uske cousins and also Dream girl and sometimes comedy nights and comedy classes.

I am not hiding and I made these things clear what other shows you watch besides BV.

And my list of favourite shows start from DD days which I listed in that post.
Edited by leavesandwaves - 8 years ago