Can Balika Vadhu make in top 10 hindi shows in next few weeks ? - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
BV has been showing violence and atrocities committed against women right from the time it started way back in 2008.
There have been so much violence in Gehna's story
So much abuse against small girl by Dsa from 2008 to 2010
Then there was Phooli's story which was one of the most emotionally disturbing stories about a mother of new born baby being tortured
Then there was Anandi;s kidnap and the attempted rape 

Then post marriage Rasika throwing herself at Shiv
Then Saurabh Sanchi drama in her Sasural

This was all there from begining till the day Shiv died

Then came the kidnap of Anandi' child and her life in her sasural which is not that different from what Anandi went through in her childhood.

Right from the begining the show had subjects which are very serious

Strange people were willing to put up with all these until their favourite character was still in the show and now they are crticising these things like all these subjects which are being shown not fit for 8pm slot.😛

Yep, portrayal of beating up of women is not fit for 8 pm slot...Rasika track was no where violent...Favourite characters...Well if people can defend their favourite characters using all sorts of super lame excuses then people can very well find faults in a show because their favourite couple didn't get the ending it deserved...Yes it is funny indeed 😃Edited by -Palienigma- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by leavesandwaves

Why no one complained about violence in BV?
Because the violence is within acceptable limits.

Life does not end when one or two persons die or when one face difficulties. They are all integral parts of life. BV is like that for many of us and thats why it is still running.
Acceptable limits...says who? Just because people didn't complain doesn't make the content acceptance...just like unreported crime doesn't make the crime lawfull. BV is still running because because it is on Colors and the majority of its TRP audience are the same people who watch shows like SSK & SNS.Edited by -Palienigma- - 8 years ago
Rasika's track is just as disturbing as Gehna's marital rape was for different reasons.
As for the favourite couple - Yes My favourite couple's story has been cut short cruelly I know that there will never be another couple like that on Indian Television but that doesn't mean the show was just about the couple.

But some of us do realise there is more to the show than just the lovely couple.

The makers of the show never said it is Anandi's love story they always maintained it is the journey of Anandi it is about the things and people that brought sadness and sorrow into her life as well as the people who made filled her life with happiness and sunshine and through it all how she remains unchanged and always responding to the needs of others and reaching out to people in trouble.
If the makers of this show are so dedicated in making this a Anandi centric show then why the hell did it have Sanchi as the lead for the past 2 years? Why? Where was her story?
The makers claimed that it was Anandi's journey, but Anandi hardly got her own tracks...And now they have gone a step further trying to force Nandini down people's throats as the new lead...why? Isn't it Anandi's journey? Nandini should be getting the same importance as Shivam. They have already moved away from the original story by twsiting the story to make Nandini the lead...The reason why a show like Yeh Rishta which is as old as BV, still gets the same respect and popularity as it got when the show first started is because the show sticked to this theme...it was about its protagonist and its still about its protagonist, and not about her kids or her sister-in-law...She is not a poor helpless widow who lives on other people's mercy but a happily married woman of today with a loving family who moves ahead in life with time. The show is doing pretty well without filling its lead's life with never ending darkness...Edited by -Palienigma- - 8 years ago
I think it is against forum rules to compare BV with other serials which are on rival channel.

And respect is subjective. What is respect to you maybe trash for me and vice versa.

And trps are not about taste exactly. It is more about popularity.
Edited by leavesandwaves - 8 years ago
If its against forum rules then feel free to report my post...other show referances are used in other forums all the time, I don't see a fuss over it in those forums...Okay so we are not allowed to refer to other shows in a discussion but we are allowed to make topics about which other shows ppl watch? It becomes okay when other shows are deemed inferior to BV which happened in this very thread? Okay then...very well 😛
whatever but in colors I like to watch only bv .I like no drama serial at colors except bv
Originally posted by -Palienigma-

If its against forum rules then feel free to report my post...other show referances are used in other forums all the time, I don't see a fuss over it in those forums...Okay so we are not allowed to refer to other shows in a discussion but we are allowed to make topics about which other shows ppl watch? It becomes okay when other shows are deemed inferior to BV which happened in this very thread? Okay then...very well 😛
Bang on. The way they are showing violence against kamli and lust in Akher it is new thing in bv  I complained to ibf they said they are reviewing. But there are some blind fans of anandi for them even if bv shows nudity at best they will say it is right.