To the writers of KY2: Nandini is an ADULT - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by danceismyworld

Sorry to say but I am not getting this concern.
Kiss scene didn't has the end..scene in between changed to TK-Nyo scene and when it again shifted to kiss scene...Manik and Nandini were standing, not kissing.. it is safe to assume that they must have had that moment to get out of that overwhelmed feeling of kiss..ofcourse kiss was passionate and enough to make two weak on knees but there were gaps in entire kiss scene..so it is common sense that blushing scene was not the immediate reaction after the kiss We shouldn't be left to assume what their reactions were, na 😳?...I would say bad editing hence abrupt endings but this is very judgmental and unjust to say that Nandini doesn't cherish the proximity with Manik and if a girl blushes away.. it doesn't mean she is doing a favour everytime she Let her boy to come closer...ofcourse it is mutual..going by Nandini's characterization, it is very apt..her shyness is her way to show the joy and overwhelmed feeling her heart holds.
So I didn't find anything wrong in it.

Yes, Nandini is shy. Her blushing adds to the scenes and makes them cute. But, why is she running away from the same guy she was gobbling a few minutes ago πŸ˜†? All the poor guy wanted to do was "set the mood" to help her say those three words πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

I totally respect your opinion! Thanks for your response πŸ˜Š
Edited by anita0 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by anita0

Yes, Nandini is shy. Her blushing adds to the scenes and make them cute. But, why is she running away from the same guy she was gobbling a few minutes agoπŸ˜†? All the poor guy wanted to do was "set the mood" to help her say those three words πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I totally respect your opinion! Thanks for your response😊

Well That's called facilitating the track. I would say she has her own set of ways. The way she was playing with his hands, That's her way to advance. Intimacy here is about togetherness for her. She resiprocates his advances and this new territory would take time. She ran to tease him more than anything else. She doesn't dread intimacy.
And if concern is that it shouldn't be left on audience's discretion, then more than writer it shall be addressed to execution team I.e. director, cvs.
As I don't see Nandini out of character here but very much intact on that ground. I would say execution faltered.
Just my opinion! 😊
I do get your point, but well, I didn't see any big problem/anything too OOC that Nandu turned around from Manik, smiled and couldn't meet his eyes after that passionate kiss that they just shared. Some things don't change in the course of a relationship; if you are shy, it's not like suddenly you are going to become bold. 
She is pretty intimate too; her way of intimacy is a little different than Manik's. It's more toned down. She was all over him during that jeena jeena sequence that we got; she willingly put her arms around him, right? Also, the car sequence where she was teasing Manik...she was rubbing his thighs/putting her arms around him...isn't that pretty intimate? I think saying that she is doing him a favor by letting him get intimate with her is a little too much..lol πŸ˜†
As for her running away, I mean, it was definitely a set up so that she would get kidnapped. Agree running away gets a little annoying, but it was clearly just so that Pandit can kidnap her.

The problem wasn't really Nandu's reaction IMO. It just didn't flow properly. They cut the kiss to Nyo/Pandit conversation and then back to the kiss, so I would say editing department is the one to be blamed the most. 

Again, I know this is all very subjective! πŸ˜›
Originally posted by -KP-

I do get your point, but well, I didn't see any big problem/anything too OOC that Nandu turned around from Manik, smiled and couldn't meet his eyes after that passionate kiss that they just shared. Some things don't change in the course of a relationship; if you are shy, it's not like suddenly you are going to become bold. 
She is pretty intimate too; her way of intimacy is a little different than Manik's. It's more toned down. She was all over him during that jeena jeena sequence that we got; she willingly put her arms around him, right? Also, the car sequence where she was teasing Manik...she was rubbing his thighs/putting her arms around him...isn't that pretty intimate? I think saying that she is doing him a favor by letting him get intimate with her is a little too much..lol πŸ˜†
As for her running away, I mean, it was definitely a set up so that she would get kidnapped. Agree running away gets a little annoying, but it was clearly just so that Pandit can kidnap her.

The problem wasn't really Nandu's reaction IMO. It just didn't flow properly. They cut the kiss to Nyo/Pandit conversation and then back to the kiss, so I would say editing department is the one to be blamed the most. 

Again, I know this is all very subjective! πŸ˜›

I don't think that is the point the TM is making...it's about the HOW of  how Nandu's shyness was shown...no one was expecting her to jump his bones after the kiss...but she was grinning a little TOO much and that is why it ended up coming across as a HYPER reaction than a simple shy one and it sort of ruined the mood of the scene...especially when you contrast how much thehraav there was in Manik's reaction...

It's the contrast b/w this

and this

_

She was shy in both cases but the grinning levels clearly make or break a scene.

Exactly! I liked how the the diwali scenes were presented. Why can't we get that Nandu back now?!

Exactly...it really is amazing how the writers forget the way Diwali was handledπŸ˜†...here's a girl who's had no experience with intimacy and then after that moment with Manik, she still isn't running around grinning like a gazelle, rather there is the right balance struck b/w an acknowledgement of the growing desire b/w them as well as playful Nandu later on in the poolside bit.

And this is not just about them being at a different stage of their relationship then...the inconsistency has been there in Nandu's character during this fusion track...there is nothing wrong in pointing that out.
Originally posted by AreYaar

I don't think that is the point the TM is making...it's about the HOW of  how Nandu's shyness was shown...no one was expecting her to jump his bones after the kiss...but she was grinning a little TOO much and that is why it ended up coming across as a HYPER reaction than a simple shy one and it sort of ruined the mood of the scene...especially when you contrast how much thehraav there was in Manik's reaction...

It's the contrast b/w this

She was shy in both cases but the grinning levels clearly make or break a scene.

Oops, I guess I didn't interpret it correctly. LOL but anyways, I think it's still subjective, right? I didn't look too much into her grinning/smiling, so I liked her reaction overall. 
Also I didn't contrast it to her earlier kiss reaction; maybe that's why it didn't really bother me as much. 

Edited by -KP- - 8 years ago
you just put my feelings to words it seems
Originally posted by AreYaar

Exactly...it really is amazing how the writers forget the way Diwali was handledπŸ˜†...here's a girl who's had no experience with intimacy and then after that moment with Manik, she still isn't running around grinning like a gazelle, rather there is the right balance struck b/w an acknowledgement of the growing desire b/w them as well as playful Nandu later on in the poolside bit.

And this is not just about them being at a different stage of their relationship then...the inconsistency has been there in Nandu's character during this fusion track...there is nothing wrong in pointing that out.

I agree with every word you just said!
Originally posted by shibz

She was ready to kiss Manik on their first official date when Manik was tied up because of his own gentleman promise.. so why was she bhaav khaaying so much on their confession night? As soon as it started raining the guy was in full mood to kiss her.. he walks to her 2 times..looks at her and holds her so passionately but all she does is running away.. again in the last scene he was getting intimate.. and all she can think of is to get up n runπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Those two times had such amazing build up to a kiss! 

. That goes well with Nandini's character in some scenes - but definitely not when Manik and Nandini (kinda) have finally confessed their love for each other and have shared the most passionate kiss ever just a few moments ago.

I love Nandini's character. Her character is completely (in most ways) opposite to Manik's character and that's what makes MaNan so special.

My only complain with Nandini's character is that she needs to stop behaving like she is doing Manik favors when she lets him get intimate with her. She needs to show Manik she likes being close to him - because lets be honest...who doesn't like showing someone they love that they are really in love with them?  

To the writers: I am very thankful that you gave us MaNan 😳. But please bring that one change in Nandu's character. Please make her more mature during the intimate MaNan scenes.

@bold πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

i really hoe and wish the writers concentrate on this factor! this needs to be implemented! 😳