Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Originally posted by AnomanderRake

Truly an excellent post Rida :)

But just out of curiosity, what is the expected "normalcy" in the show? And what about the new normal, should that even exist?

How about regular stuff MehrWink, I agree normal is subjective but of a sample size of say 1000 people, it would be hard to find one psycho let alone two right.

There is a Cat at my door cause she is bored Wink

The numbers are not importance, but the role is important, and what  that role bring to the table (climax) is what drives the importance of MaNan.  Lets say if Soha was not in the picture at all, would MaNan have discovered love (indirectly they both declared their love for one another)...

Without climax there is no show..

Lets say they wouldnt have known they were in love without Soha track(which I dont agree with)What has the Pandit track done then, what exactly have we got? And the numbers are important because we talk about relatability. Isnt that why we love MaNan for the most part because we related to them, with tracks like this we are unable to relate to them anymore.

Edited by AnomanderRake - 02 May 2015 at 11:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

silvershadow-Aarya-

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by panidarang

But just out of curiosity, what is the expected "normalcy" in the show? And what about the new normal, should that even exist?

I think she mean normal MaNan scenes without interruption of any new psycho new entry and drag fest.

And I ask what would be the importance of MaNan if these characters were not in the story, psycho Soha, Pandit, Nyo, and new entry? It's an indirect question to expected normalcy in the show...

And what is normal MaNan? What fun is too watch repetitive scenes without any climax? 

Where have we seen them do normal stuff. Why isnt it beautiful to watch people go through life phases without these villains. First 70 epis, we all enjoyed it without these characters, I personally dont enjoy Soha or PAndit, reserving comment on the new guy. Noyo is connected to the ML,  and shapes his life and background, she is one of the originals and it is interesting.
Normal MaNan is them having a normal phase in their life, being in college,in SPACE.

How many of us have had psychos in our life and back to back? Raise your hands if you doLOLOuch

And I ask when did this show ever promised any "normalcy" (normal collage life).  I don't recall them ever attending any classes in college, or going to movies like normal collage kids do, etc, so why are we expecting those things when they were never shown in the first place.  I am still trying to figure out what we are ranting about, and what is "normalcy" according to the audience...

The first 70 episodes concentrated mainly on friendship and relationship between all characters. Let's take Manik and Dhruv, how many people in real life give up a girl / boy they love for their friends? Raise your hands if you do Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

silvershadow-KP-Cat.EXOL

arathim IF-Dazzler
arathim
arathim

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:42am | IP Logged
@Rida and @adhi I agree with Mehr/Arya... people cant expect the show to have the feel of first 70 episodes all the way to the end... 
The characters grow up ... get mature... less awkwardness... more understanding...
If we just have regular college scenes then it will become repetitive and boring... cameos are needed to move the story to the next phase...
Soha Track made Manik and Nandhu realize their Love
Pandit track indirectly made them confess...
I think the show has been having fairly consistent Good Writing... there are very few or none boring epis... maybe boring characters but not epis...
For me a show needs to have good writing , chemistry between leads and a  overall theme that binds the show and gives it a direction... KYY is all that...

But All said and done if the show had ended in June ending as planned before... it would have been better
This extension makes me fear that the MaNan magic might wane like a certain show in Channel V
Fingers Crossed it wont happen... I have Hope...

Regarding Nandhini being all about Manik...
She is madly in Love with him and he with her...
Offcourse they are the way they are...
Might take some time to get perspective of different things of life...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-KP-filter.coffeeEXOL

Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by panidarang

I think she mean normal MaNan scenes without interruption of any new psycho new entry and drag fest.

And I ask what would be the importance of MaNan if these characters were not in the story, psycho Soha, Pandit, Nyo, and new entry? It's an indirect question to expected normalcy in the show...

And what is normal MaNan? What fun is too watch repetitive scenes without any climax? 

Where have we seen them do normal stuff. Why isnt it beautiful to watch people go through life phases without these villains. First 70 epis, we all enjoyed it without these characters, I personally dont enjoy Soha or PAndit, reserving comment on the new guy. Noyo is connected to the ML,  and shapes his life and background, she is one of the originals and it is interesting.
Normal MaNan is them having a normal phase in their life, being in college,in SPACE.

How many of us have had psychos in our life and back to back? Raise your hands if you doLOLOuch

And I ask when did this show ever promised any "normalcy" (normal collage life).  I don't recall them ever attending any classes in college, or going to movies like normal collage kids do, etc, so why are we expecting those things when they were never shown in the first place.  I am still trying to figure out what we are ranting about, and what is "normalcy" according to the audience...

The first 70 episodes concentrated mainly on friendship and relationship between all characters. Let's take Manik and Dhruv, how many people in real life give up a girl / boy they love for their friends? Raise your hands if you do Wink

I wouldnt but thats me and have always said it but I think you would find more people giving up on a girl because their friend loved the same girl than finding a psycho. Friendship and relationship being normal stuff, 70 episodes gave us that,all of us have gone through it, that we all relate to, psychos not really.

silvershadow-Aarya-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Updated my post on Page 1 :-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

silvershadow

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

@arathi
yes that i agree...epis were not boring as such.. i liked them...sometimes the characters were annoying..i donno why i really hated mukhbi track to be honest..i used to literally FF those scenes...so even when other characters were given importance...it was never up to mark...i still enjoy watching manan..but i do feel they need to stop dragging the tracks and not immediately bring next cameo..its like back to back drama...

they can bring sub plots using cameo but have the main plot too...

Edited by nneeiill - 02 May 2015 at 11:51am

arathimfilter.coffee

anotheranfan IF-Dazzler
anotheranfan
anotheranfan

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Very on point post ClapClap
I dont know whats gotten into writers these days but everything seems so drag.. One of the USP of the show was no track seemed drag.. As you said screen play revolved around the main characters and their story in concise manner.. These days to characters do random things like running around between confession just to get kidnapped..That drag fest is off putting.. When the characters loose things that defined them its very hard to connect to them anymore and thats whats happening as a result of all this drama they are stretching.. As you said Manan romantic scene nothing if they arent backed by the story.. I dont know wishing (i wanted to say hope but that word has been tinted forever now) for the show to pull itself together is enough now.. 

silvershadowCat.

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:49am | IP Logged

How about regular stuff MehrWink, I agree normal is subjective but of a sample size of say 1000 people, it would be hard to find one psycho let alone two right.

There is a Cat at my door cause she is bored Wink

The numbers are not importance, but the role is important, and what  that role bring to the table (climax) is what drives the importance of MaNan.  Lets say if Soha was not in the picture at all, would MaNan have discovered love (indirectly they both declared their love for one another)...

Without climax there is no show..

Lets say they wouldnt have known they were in love without Soha track(which I dont agree with)What has the Pandit track done then, what exactly have we got? And the numbers are important because we talk about relatability. Isnt that why we love MaNan for the most part because we related to them, with tracks like this we are unable to relate to them anymore.

They discovered love due to the climax Soha brought in to their life, somewhere we should be thankful to Soha LOL   By the time Pandit has joined Space, MaNan were on verge of breaking, and due to Pandit's constant interest in Nandini, brought Manik close to Nandini, and finally declaring their love for one another, Pandit gave them a reason to fight for hope, fight for one another, we should thank Pandit more than Soha LOL

Surely the quality is very importance, and up to now we have got most qualified characters to play these antagonist roles (Soha, Pandit, Nyo, Harshad), according to me they have done marvelous job. But if your talking about the quality of screenplay and writing, I would only agree with you on dialogue writing part, especially for Pandit, they have royally screwed his character, but then they have done justice to MaNan scenes, simply amazing. So  ranting about one thing is something else vs saying the entire show is lacking direction.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

filter.coffee

Go to top