India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

What happened to this show? (Page 5)

foram. IF-Stunnerz
foram.
foram.

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Brilliant post.. and u summed up everything wat we feel...
i want old ky2 back with story revolving around 8 main characters of this show... Manik, Nandu, dhruv, alya, cabir, navya, mukti harshad ..
and i dont want any new entries...
can aryaman disappear pls?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

silvershadowfilter.coffee

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Truly an excellent post Rida :)

But just out of curiosity, what is the expected "normalcy" in the show? And what about the new normal, should that even exist?

medha16 IF-Rockerz
medha16
medha16

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:16am | IP Logged
EDITED
I LOVE U RIDAAA...best post ever!

Where do I start? I started watching KY2 because I was really intrigued by the promo of the gay track and really wanted to know how they would deal with it in India. This was before I watched MaNan and fell in love with them. You guys promised a lot, to be bold, to be real, to be unconventional but you lost the plot midway. What happened to the whole homosexuality track? How is it better than the n no. of dostana inspired rubbish we see all over the channels? Cabir is GAY...he CANNOT fall for Navya. I heart their friendship, two individuals marginalised from society finding solace in one another but whatever shit marriage-fest that this is leading to has completely disappointed me. Plz keep it platonic for god's sake. Navya has to deal with her own problems and learn to live in this world alone, she has her own journey and Cabir has his own. They are mutually exclusive of one another.

What happened with Mukti? She was such a feisty girl, who was jaded and yet believed in fairy tales...she needed comfort, therapy, understanding and not some cheesy lines by a random guy popping out of nowhere and disappearing just as randomly.
Dhruv's character has been dumbed down to such a level that we don't even recognise him anymore. His mulish behaviour,his sudden apathy towards his friends...the conflict could have resulted in a meaty plot but it just ended up being annoying.

And can you please stop insulting the audience's intelligence by adding pointless tracks and random scenes here and there? Nandini has been reduced to nothing but an abla naari staring gooey eyed  as her knight in shining armour comes and rescues her every time. Why doesn't she have a life beyond Manik? What happened to her goals, her ambitions, her career, her friends? The OTT chirpiness and her never-ending hope and starry eyed look towards Manik is grating on people's nerves. She had CHARACTER before this...now she is nothing but a prop, the girl on Manik's arm.

We really had hopes from the Pandit track you know?All of us thought that finally Nandini's music career will be focused upon, that finally she will move out of the shadows of her past with NH3 but what happened? That guy turned out to be ANOTHER lecher set to keep MaNan further apart for no rational reason whatsoever. Honestly, can't these guys ever have a NORMAL life free from homicidal maniacs, evil mothers, deranged third wheels and psycho teachers? 
We aren't watching sasural simar ka and gopi bahu here, plz! spare us of anymore new entries and concentrate on developing the characters who already exist in the show.

What to  say about Manik? From being a grey shaded guy who is inherently good at heart he has now become a sappy Romeo. No, it isn't attractive. all the mushfest is cringeworthy. I would have run in the opposite direction if I was in Nandini's place seeing all the mush. That confession sequence was anything but romantic. What are they...5? We wanted plot development, we wanted Manik's realization of unconditional love in a much more different way, we wanted him to acknowledge the fact that he had fallen for Nandini long before and we wanted to see his struggle as as a guy who has till now run away from the concept of love and tenderness to come to terms with it. We wanted them to spend quality time together, get to know one another, go on dates and explore their intimacy slowly like every other couple. We did not sign up for 10,000 missed kisses and 30,000 eyelocks and the girl shying away like a typical sati savitri. If we wanted to see that, we would have watched gul khan or similar shows, not ky2.

All I want to say is that there is still a chance to redeem this show. A lot of viewers have been disappointed and personally I have lost my faith in desi shows. I thought this one was different but oh well...Just don't drag tracks like an over-chewed gum for the sake of it. We want meaning, we want plot progression...you have great resources and a talented bunch of people, utilize that. 
Close the loops you started the show with, explore relationships in all its forms and BE REAL. That's all we ask.

Edited by medha16 - 02 May 2015 at 11:45am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

figueresilvershadowparthmaniapavi_TheFaerieQueenCat.Flame.Of.RoseSugarDreamFleetingWishes.

panidarang Goldie

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Aarya-filter.coffee

Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

But just out of curiosity, what is the expected "normalcy" in the show? And what about the new normal, should that even exist?

How about regular stuff MehrWink, I agree normal is subjective but of a sample size of say 1000 people, it would be hard to find one psycho let alone two right.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

silvershadow-Aarya-TheFaerieQueen

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by panidarang

I think she mean normal MaNan scenes without interruption of any new psycho new entry and drag fest.

And I ask what would be the importance of MaNan if these characters were not in the story, psycho Soha, Pandit, Nyo, and new entry? It's an indirect question to expected normalcy in the show...

And what is normal MaNan? What fun is too watch repetitive scenes without any climax? 

Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by panidarang

I think she mean normal MaNan scenes without interruption of any new psycho new entry and drag fest.

And I ask what would be the importance of MaNan if these characters were not in the story, psycho Soha, Pandit, Nyo, and new entry? It's an indirect question to expected normalcy in the show...

And what is normal MaNan? What fun is too watch repetitive scenes without any climax? 

Where have we seen them do normal stuff. Why isnt it beautiful to watch people go through life phases without these villains. First 70 epis, we all enjoyed it without these characters, I personally dont enjoy Soha or PAndit, reserving comment on the new guy. Noyo is connected to the ML,  and shapes his life and background, she is one of the originals and it is interesting.
Normal MaNan is them having a normal phase in their life, being in college,in SPACE.

How many of us have had psychos in our life and back to back? Raise your hands if you doLOLOuch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

figueresilvershadow-Aarya-TheFaerieQueen

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnomanderRake

How about regular stuff MehrWink, I agree normal is subjective but of a sample size of say 1000 people, it would be hard to find one psycho let alone two right.

There is a Cat at my door cause she is bored Wink

The numbers are not importance, but the role is important, and what  that role bring to the table (climax) is what drives the importance of MaNan.  Lets say if Soha was not in the picture at all, would MaNan have discovered love (indirectly they both declared their love for one another)...

Without climax there is no show..

silvershadowCat.

Go to top