•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
So I don't know how to explain this, but I am looking for light reads that are NOT chick flicks, NOT written by Chetan Bhagat or Durjoy Dutta or Ravinder Singh, NOT written by Nicholas Sparks, NOT written specifically for teens/young adults... Something that is light but meaningful. Something a grown up can enjoy. You know? 

Any recommendations? Thanks. :)
Edited by LoveToLaugh - 8 years ago
I would suggest Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Though I think you might have already read it and everyone might not consider it light.πŸ€”πŸ˜†

Also if you are fine with non-fiction then I would recommend something by Stephen Colbert.
Try reading The Time of My Life or If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern 
U can also try The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 
How about My sisters keeper by Jodi Picoult
You can try reading short stories by Rudyard Kipling.😊
Edit - Oh wait, you said no chick flick. I was gonna recommend Little Women that is widely considered a chick flick. Sorry, I cant recall any :pEdited by Angel-likeDevil - 8 years ago
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

So I don't know how to explain this, but I am looking for light reads that are NOT chick flicks, NOT written by Chetan Bhagat or Durjoy Dutta or Ravinder Singh, NOT written by Nicholas Sparks, NOT written specifically for teens/young adults... Something that is light but meaningful. Something a grown up can enjoy. You know? 

Any recommendations? Thanks. :)
Please check your inboxπŸ˜›
Three men in a boat by Jerome k jerome. Stories by R.k .narayan like malgudi days, swami and his friend etc.
Try -
1. The Perks of being of being a Wallflower (I can't emphasize enough how natural and effortless the writing is)

2. Letters to the dead. (Makes you think but isn't heavy)

3. Anything by R.K. Narayan (not Romantic but genuinely brilliant!

Will update more when I can think of more! 

Cheers!