Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
I just saw this much needed post..
I am only hoping these guys get some sleep and proper rest before shooting again..this break will definitely help them
kiyaksgian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
agreed, cut the actors some slack, they need to rest up! and btw am i missing something? what is this strike for?
filter.coffee thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i just saw this but i already knew thanks to a coolcat
Flame.Of.Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Aarya, Saru and Soul, you people keep on debating but since Aarya raised a point here, no they don't have AC in their sets aarya. Parth himself said in an interview that they don't have any AC on sets.Edited by Flame.Of.Rose - 8 years ago
TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -Aarya-

Dude, if that light man leaves the show, I will desperately cry,  I mean who is going to shed light on MaNan kiss in their darkest night 😆

On a serious note, this is where we differ in our thinking, perception is everything. The entire crew consist of actors, behind the scene workers, spot boy, directors, light man, editors, etc they all play an equal part in making a show hit! It  really doesn't matter how big or small each person's part is, they are equally important to their role and to the show. To think one is more important cause they are on screen vs behind the screen, is really undermining their work.

In an utopian world may be but in reality it will take few hours to replace the light man and we already know what pain it is when lead actor tries to leave. However much we say everyone is equal and it is true that everyone puts in hard work, however the perceived value is different for everyone and thats why everyone is not paid the same amount. So, no real world works differently. In KY2 itself, you have seen writers changed twice and director changed once, not only that much of the crew is also changed. Was there an uproar in audience? Did we force them to change there decision? Even if we only talk about behind the scenes team, some skill sets are in abundant so you will find many hard working people for that particular job and hence low pay and easy replaceability. Some skill set are difficult to find so though the hard work, labour put in many be same or more, it works on demand and supply principle. 

Summing up again, I am not trying to demean anyone's work here, but there are so many other factors that determine your pay and replaceability. Hardwork is not everything.  
Edited by TheFaerieQueen - 8 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Flame.Of.Rose

Aarya, Saru and Soul, you people keep on debating but since Aarya raised a point here, no they don't have AC in their sets aarya. Parth himself said in an interview that they don't have any AC on sets.

I am not sure if you've seen some of the pictures the actors has posted, especially from their vanity vans, they surely have AC in those vans. Now while their shooting outdoor scenes, there is no grantee for AC but the indoor scenes are facilitated with proper  equipments so that the actors have a comfortable working environment.
Edited by -Aarya- - 8 years ago
slyther_in thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ok. Just for the crew we will calm down 😆
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheFaerieQueen

In an utopian world may be but in reality it will take few hours to replace the light man and we already know what pain it is when lead actor tries to leave. However much we say everyone is equal and it is true that everyone puts in hard work, however the perceived value is different for everyone and thats why everyone is not paid the same amount. So, no real world works differently. In KY2 itself, you have seen writers changed twice and director changed once, not only that much of the crew is also changed. Was there an uproar in audience? Did we force them to change there decision? Even if we only talk about behind the scenes team, some skill sets are in abundant so you will find many hard working people for that particular job and hence low pay and easy replaceability. Some skill set are difficult to find so though the hard work, labour put in many be same or more, it works on demand and supply principle. 

Summing up again, I am not trying to demean anyone's work here, but there are so many other factors that determine your pay and replaceability. Hardwork is not everything.  

We can surely discuss this topic on a broader spectrum, and even get into the details of each cine workers, the importance of their role and even get into the their pay scale, but I feel your missing the point here. It's not about how much one gets paid vs the other, but the importance of one being able to deliver to their role and I agree some roles are always more important than the other, but it does not mean the ones which are less important should be given ignored. Basically we are saying the same thing, but with a difference perceptive, regardless if these cine workers  do go on strike, the effect will be major on all shows because without them a show is not possible, just as without an actor the show is irrelevant.
..oishu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for this post!
Sony.K thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with u. they all need  sleep yar.