Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

piyabawri1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
it was a pleasant surprise when i opened the forum and saw your post. i am a huge admirer of your writing. i still can't believe you still have to deal with plagiarism in IF. it's aggravating. i also had a taste of that particular medicine also. i pray that you don't get forced to remove the story like Adhoori si dua. god i really loved that SS, but unfortunately couldn't read the ending, will always be a regret. but please continue writing. will now look forward to the story, update soon!
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Avantika,

This is very nice, vintage Avantika stuff, and I  liked it a lot. Do keep me in the loop  with your PMs and  I would love to read the updates.

So I see that this jodi  is Kaya. Well, it is much,much better than Krijeev or Rajtika!😉 Jokes apart, they will make a charming couple,  and while I have not seen him onscreen before except in a good film, Aamir,  and she looks more  khaati peeti than she did in a serial with Mohnish Behl that I watched for a while, I am perfectly prepared to admire them, even  if not  as much as you and your fangirl friends.

I read your take on Episode 13, which I have not watched as yet, and I liked it a lot. Beautiful, detailed stuff, obviously a labour of love! 👏 I did not comment on it as there seemed to be a host of them already and I cannot do too much typing these days.

Though there were some points there  - about anti-women attitudes and the need to soft pedal false cases lodged by women in the interests of the greater good -  that I would have liked to expatiate on, for they seemed more knee jerk and politically correct than accurate.Besides, Avantika, do you have any idea of the extent of sexual violence against women on the campuses of even the  most prestigious US universities like MIT and Harvard  -  there is a movement there for girl students to be allowed to carry  guns to protect themselves - and in the UK as well? Most men, my dear girl, are the same everywhere given the chance. In medieval Europe and England, the  barons  of the area used to carry off pretty young village girls on their wedding night under the droit de seigneur. Now, if a girl there accuses a man of rape, he retorts that she was willing and is now recanting, and such court cases there are as ugly as they are here. At least in India that "she was willing" argument will not find ready takers,

But on the whole, my dear, the Reporters forum is not for oldies like me,  it is really for you young people who adore this pair.

Regardless of my typing problems, I  wanted to touch base with you here and tell you how happy  I am to see you enjoying yourself so unreservedly. Keep it up and have lots of fun!

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty

Edited by sashashyam - 8 years ago
AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dear Avantika,

This is very nice, vintage Avantika stuff, and I  liked it a lot. Do keep me in the loop  with your PMs and  I would love to read the updates.

Hello Aunty.. Soo good to see you back! I really hope you feel better soon..

Will do! 

So I see that this jodi  is Kaya. Well, it is much,much better than Krijeev or Rajtika!😉 Jokes apart, they will make a charming couple,  and while I have not seen him onscreen before except in a good film, Aamir,  and she looks more  khaati peeti than she did in a serial with Mohnish Behl that I watched for a while, I am perfectly prepared to admire them, even  if not  as much as you and your fangirl friends.

I read your take on Episode 13, which I have not watched as yet, and I liked it a lot. Beautiful, detailed stuff, obviously a labour of love! 👏 I did not comment on it as there seemed to be a host of them already and I cannot do too much typing these days.

Haha.. Honestly speaking, it's the plot and intelligent story-telling that attracted me to the show.. Of course, a bit of fangirling is always good to keep the fangirl alive.. 😛 
Thank you so much.. Means a lot, coming from you.. 😊

Though there were some points there  - about anti-women attitudes and the need to soft pedal false cases lodged by women in the interests of the greater good -  that I would have liked to expatiate on, for they seemed more knee jerk and politically correct than accurate. Besides, Avantika, do you have any idea of the extent of sexual violence against women on the campuses of even the  most prestigious US universities like MIT and Harvard  -  there is a movement there for girl students to be allowed to carry  guns to protect themselves - and in the UK as well? Most men, my dear girl, are the same everywhere given the chance. In medieval Europe and England, the  barons  of the area used to carry off pretty young village girls on their wedding night under the droit de seigneur. Now, if a girl there accuses a man of rape, he retorts that she was willing and is now recanting, and such court cases there are as ugly as they are here. At least in India that "she was willing" argument will not find ready takers,.

I agree word-for-word.. Crime against women, in any form, in any civilisation is still a social evil, and cannot be justified or downplayed.. Although I have been fortunate enough to not witness any, but the scene back in the UK was nothing different from what it is in our country.. 
Perhaps, the narrow-minded mindset of our population contributes to the nuisance more. Then again, that is subjective.. 

The main focus in this case is however, the fact that we all jump to conclusions once 'a sensitive issue is moulded into a sensational news'. Although there's nothing wrong with it, and it's very much a part of human nature, how often do we get our facts straight? 

Women are been victimised everywhere, and while there is a need to put and end to that, now more than ever,  it is quite possible that say, a 0.1% of those cases may not be what they seem like.. 

Workplace harassment, relationship issues or misuse of dowry laws as has been seen in the past, could trigger a woman to falsely accuse a man of criminal intent.. 
It is in cases like these, that we often fail to, or do not want to see the other side of the coin, because our sympathies lie with the woman, rightfully so in a vast majority of cases.. 

I basically wanted to address the issue of an innocent being framed wrongly.. Nothing more than that! 

But on the whole, my dear, the Reporters forum is not for oldies like me,  it is really for you young people who adore this pair.

Regardless of my typing problems, I  wanted to touch base with you here and tell you how happy  I am to see you enjoying yourself so unreservedly. Keep it up and have lots of fun!

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty

Thank you, once again Aunty for taking out the time to connect here.. Really appreciate it.. 😊

I'm actually enjoying the pace of the show, and something that is way beyond the norms of Indian TV atleast by a fraction of an inch if not more.. 

I hope all goes well, and you feel better soon.. Please do take good care of yourself.. 

Wishing you a fast recovery. 

Best Wishes, 

Avantika.. 

rhythmsangh thumbnail
Amazing plot 
continue soon 
pd786 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
amazing start avantika
loved the idea
lemme guess some problem between KaYa
waiting for the next update
waiting for KaYa's meet
update soon
do pm me pls

love,
Praneeta. 
Zannat18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it 😊 please pm me 😉
..sweetchilly.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That was a completely different angle from the show.When is it the same anyways?
Ananya had been in London for a while and Kabir is still in India in KKN.
First, why did Ananya leave? Seems like Kabir and Ananya faced some serious issues.
No matter how far they are, things about the other still matters to both.They can never change.
Tony left..things have certainly changed.
But, Ananya and Ronnie's friendship is still the same.They care for eachother and back for eachother.Well, isn't that what best friends do?
What conversation did Ananya and Khalid have? and Why is Ronnie so worried for her? also what's that matter with politics?
Malvika still cares for Kabir..
I guess the answers will be out eventually, looking forward to see how will they both face eachother.
Great start.
Loved this one too as always. 😊
cutemishti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Superb story line
Pls.add me in the pm list.
Pihu.k11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Makes me wonder what could have gone wrong in their lives.. by the looks of it,Ananya might be responsible for what kabir is today.. Like running away from some committment that mattered the most to him.. N now she is all set to face the outcomes of what she has done by running away.. she would probably be shocked by seeing the impact it had left on kabir.. Ummm M eager to read further.. Do Notify me :)
Darkchocolate thumbnail
Wow..Awsome..
Loved it..👏
Eager to read further..
Plz Notify me...😊

This is my first comment on IF😊