Your Box Office prediction for Anurag Kashyap's Bombay Velvet - Page 6

Poll

What will be the collection range of Ranbir Kapoor's Bombay Velvet?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
it will do something between 90 to 110 cr.. so option 3.

Khambatta thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Films budget is 80 crores. Thats the official statement by Fox Star India CEO. So recovery will be easy  
SalB thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Think this will end up being the biggest surprise of the year. =) 
The negative buzz has lowered people's expectations and the film will hopefully end up garnering rave reviews, acclaim and will have a steady run at the BO.

I'm loving the music and the recent trailers have been so good. Anurag is a different director. The writers of BV are all terrific. Ranbir is exceptionally good and Anushka is a complete natural. I trust that all of them have got together for something good, if not epic. 
SalB thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Opening might not be bumper because it'll be relying solely on multiplexes.
How much did Barfi get on the opening day/weekend? I've a feeling Bombay Velvet will follow Barfi's course and end up with 10 -15 crores more, i.e. a 120-130 crores finish. 

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It depends on how many screens. It will be a flop to ave. 
70-99 Crs. 
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -AppleOfMaEye-

15th May... it should recover but that was not the aim for the movie when it started...it was AK's dream project and we were hoping for a blockbuster... not saying it won't , it still might...😆

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Khambatta

Films budget is 80 crores. Thats the official statement by Fox Star India CEO. So recovery will be easy  

yes, that's the proclaimed original budget but the forum and trade analysts don't buy it... the total budget (including promotions) is considered to be between 110-120 cr...all the news pointed to the fact it overshoot the allocated budget.. 80 crs was before vfx estimate, if u remember the whole change of release date was when anurag realized vfx would take much longer, meaning more money too

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Originally posted by: SalB

Opening might not be bumper because it'll be relying solely on multiplexes.

How much did Barfi get on the opening day/weekend? I've a feeling Bombay Velvet will follow Barfi's course and end up with 10 -15 crores more, i.e. a 120-130 crores finish. 

yes, it can surprise the audience, no doubt... but 120-130 crores finish will still put it at below average or even flop. it's budget is 120 crs
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
100 crore flop? I mean after the openings of Besharam and Roy, you can easily say that people DO buy Biru's bad movies. So this one's probably gonna go off to a good start too. 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The budget is 80 crores with 10-15 crores max used for promotions and stuff. Dont know where the figure of 120 is coming from. When the CEO himself has confirmed, there is nothing to debate on.
Now regarding BV's BO potential. I think its floor is about 100 crores and it has a cieling of 170-180 crores.
If I had to pick I would say it will do 150 crores and will be declared a hit.

Some factors to look at:

The buzz after a lackluster start is gaining momentum and is quite high. After the first trailer everything has been stupendous and has recieved great respone. The music too is the best of the year so far and has some definite chartbusters. Amit's best after Udaan.

Anurag is at the top of his game and is coming of his career best in Ugly. A film which should have done way more had they not messed it up by not giving it a proper release.

Ranbir is coming back after a long time and Anushka is quite hot and relevant right now. This will result in greatt opening day and weekend figures. I am expecting 15-18 on day 1 and 50 for the weekend.

The story looks complex, layered with elements of mystery, action, romance and supense. The visuals in particular are stunning. In short BV is shaping up to be brilliant which should help immensly with the WOM and carry the film forward.

So 150 it is for me.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago